🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This is the man Republicans call stupid and a fool????

The president is giving the GOP a study on the way to defeat their brand of fear. He points out that Isis is not going to bring down our country. That's what I've been saying. In fact, it's way more likely that Republicans, with their yearning for secession and hatred for minorities and hatred for our government, will bring down this country. That is my opinion, but most certainly plausible.

He pointed out that corporations are making record profits. But it's not "trickling" down. That fact destroys GOP economic policies.

Reject the twin ruinous GOP policies of targeting race and religion.

The world doesn't look to Beijing or Moscow to solve problems. They call us.

What the GOP has unleashed in the Middle East will go on for at least a generation or more.

The sad part of this great State of the Union address is that Republicans listen to it and think how dare that black bastard try to school us. We are exceptional. No one tells us anything. We already know everything we need to.
"My fellow Americans, this cannot be my task, or any president's alone."

My favorite point was that it wasn't the middle class or the poor that brought down the economy in 2008, it was Wall Street.

Your duties as a citizen.
Stand up for the weak.
Stand up for the vulnerable.
Grit.
Good humor.
Kindness.
Clear eyed.
Big hearted.
Undaunted.
Obama just lost the Republicans.

He points out that Isis is not going to bring down our country.

Unless they take a huge chunk of their oil money and pay a group of computer hacker jihadis to knock out our power grid in the middle of January........that might be a problem and would not require them to drive their pickups filled with jihadis over here....

Republicans have whittled down American democracy to this...

Stop the government from working so the opposition cannot pass anything, get anything done, or spend a single dollar that benefits the citizens.

They have decided American democracy means constant nonstop taking the government hostage if you don't get your way.

I say the democrats need now only do the same thing. If in the minority simply block everything the opposition wants to do all the time very time. That is the government Republicans want, I say cram it down their throats.

Let me give you a couple of recent quotes here:

"I have a pen and I have a cell phone."

"Republicans want the keys to the car back. They can't have them. They can come along for the ride, but they'll have to sit in the back seat."

Your precious MSM kept you out of the loop of how many Republican bills were stopped by the Democrat led Senate. They are still stopping bills such as Kate's Law which is a common sense law. It's no wonder why Democrats are against it. They have no problem with criminals coming across our border causing harm to real Americans.

Stop the government from working so the opposition cannot pass anything, get anything done, or spend a single dollar that benefits the citizens.

They have decided American democracy means constant nonstop taking the government hostage if you don't get your way.

I say the democrats need now only do the same thing. If in the minority simply block everything the opposition wants to do all the time very time. That is the government Republicans want, I say cram it down their throats.

Funny how you think it's the government's role to do everything in society. Read the Constitution. It's not whether you like it or not.

Sorry Newman, you read your Fish Dimbaugh memes into everything everyone else says. Where did I or anyone say the government should 'do everything'? Its non existent except in your addled brain.

Fail.

"Republicans want the keys to the car back. They can't have them. They can come along for the ride, but they'll have to sit in the back seat."

Your precious MSM kept you out of the loop of how many Republican bills were stopped by the Democrat led Senate. They are still stopping bills such as Kate's Law which is a common sense law. It's no wonder why Democrats are against it. They have no problem with criminals coming across our border causing harm to real Americans.

You, like most conservatives, suffer from self-imposed delusion brought about by con-media. What in hell is MSM? And who cares. Its one of the bugwit memes that swims around in the peasoup inside your head that only means something to you and the other teabagger backwards. You people actually believe all the steaming bile that makes up the atmosphere inside your conservative bubble where reality isn't allowed to penetrate. Faux News and Dimbaugh spoon feed this worthless vomit to you and you lap it up like a baby eating ice cream.

If you can't stand the fire stay out of the kitchen. Republicans have become the whiner class of the population, you whine about absolutely everything. And the Republicans in Congress say daily 'we aren't going to let Obama do anything'.

Then the Democrats should get on board and keep the Republicans from doing anything.

Your wish is granted.

Funny how you think it's the government's role to do everything in society. Read the Constitution. It's not whether you like it or not.

Sorry Newman, you read your Fish Dimbaugh memes into everything everyone else says. Where did I or anyone say the government should 'do everything'? Its non existent except in your addled brain.

Fail.

The entire mantra of the left is government, government, government. You show that in what you support. Lying about it doesn't change what it is.

You, like most conservatives, suffer from self-imposed delusion brought about by con-media. What in hell is MSM? And who cares. Its one of the bugwit memes that swims around in the peasoup inside your head that only means something to you and the other teabagger backwards. You people actually believe all the steaming bile that makes up the atmosphere inside your conservative bubble where reality isn't allowed to penetrate. Faux News and Dimbaugh spoon feed this worthless vomit to you and you lap it up like a baby eating ice cream.

If you can't stand the fire stay out of the kitchen. Republicans have become the whiner class of the population, you whine about absolutely everything. And the Republicans in Congress say daily 'we aren't going to let Obama do anything'.

Then the Democrats should get on board and keep the Republicans from doing anything.

Your wish is granted.

Utter bull because as we all know, the Republicans caved to DumBama on multiple occasions; a hell of a lot more than DumBama catered to them.

Talk about the whiner class. Every time you liberals get into a debate, it's Fox, Hannity, Limbaugh. Is that all you people know?

It's true that DumBama has expressed many times how he had no intention on working with Republicans. Now that he lost leadership to the Congress and Senate, it's Executive order time because he doesn't believe in our law making process.

Sorry to disappoint, but the reason we put Republicans in charge of the house was to stop Obama--not work with him. If Americans wanted Congress to work with him, they would have put Democrats in leadership.

With which part of it do you take issue, Unrepentant 2Time Scrub Voter?

All of it. None of the things you cited are 100% Bush's fault and much of it has nothing to do with him at all, hack.

Ah yes.......the Pretzeldunce Innocent Bystander theory....

What WILL you hold him responsible for?

Irrelevant. This thread isn't about Bush.

From "Bold Assertion" to "better part of valor" in two posts....

SSDD...

Stay on the topic.
Nice bikini wax.......Brazilian?

You're kidding, I hope.....

The middle class will pick up the tab for Scrub's unprecedented profligacy.....for Iraqnam, Medicare Part D, the disastrous consequences of his anti regulatory fervor.....their retirement plans devastated by the abysmal record of the stock market, their negotiating leverage with their employers crippled by the anemic job "growth" during his watch. .it was, to put it mildly, a lost DECADE for the American middle class.

And you helped...

No, most of the Bush years were great years for most people. If not for the housing bubble and collapse, we might have enjoyed a good economy right into the McCain presidency.

Nobody could create such an economy that eventually expanded worldwide by "anemic" job growth. Plus the fact that under DumBama, his spending was twice that of Bush. When Ears was running for President, he claimed that Bush's spending was irresponsible and unpatriotic. Yet once in office, he proved to be twice as irresponsible and twice as unpatriotic; using his terminology of course.
The Bush years were so great because the deficit was exploding. Nothing was being paid for. But it wasn't so great for those fighting in Iraq. Tens of thousands are maimed for life costing the country trillions into the future. Republicans used reconciliation three times. Do you remember for what?

We have an almost $19 trillion dollar debt. Does that mean we're paying for things now? By the way, your ****** President is responsible for far more of it than Bush.

When Scrub began, the CBO was projecting cumulative supluses of 5trillion......when he left that became 5trillion in cumulative deficits.......when combined with the 5 trillion he accumulated during his tenure, Scrub effected a 15 trillion dollar net swing.

Liberal math? It doesn't add up.

Sure....what does 5+5+5 equal to you?

I mean the Democrats position. I've said pretty much everything he said at one time or another.

And you know if I thought the Republicans were sincere, its not like I don't see their points. But I see they are disingenuous and I can't believe you haven't seen it.

And being middle class, I think you are voting against yourself if you vote GOP.

Why don't you tea bag the democratic party? Why do you choose to lean GOP? What are your reasons?

How are you voting against yourself if you vote GOP?

I think it's quite the opposite. If you vote Democrat, you are voting against the middle-class.

As a middle-class person, I've never endured the costs and problems that I endure now during the Bush years. I lost my employer health insurance. My electricity rates increased. I am now being charged transfer fees when I switch credit cards. I am paying much more for cigarettes than I did during the Bush years. I lost my unlimited internet service on my cell phone because phone companies had to recoup all that lost money on government phones. I lost my medical tax deduction because of Commie Care. My wage increases are less because of all these F'n foreigners that come here and lower our pay scale by taking our jobs.

Now can you tell me of one hardship that middle-class Americans experienced under George Bush???

The middle class will pick up the tab for Scrub's unprecedented profligacy.....for Iraqnam, Medicare Part D, the disastrous consequences of his anti regulatory fervor.....their retirement plans devastated by the abysmal record of the stock market, their negotiating leverage with their employers crippled by the anemic job "growth" during his watch. .it was, to put it mildly, a lost DECADE for the American middle class.

And you helped...

No, most of the Bush years were great years for most people. If not for the housing bubble and collapse, we might have enjoyed a good economy right into the McCain presidency.

Nobody could create such an economy that eventually expanded worldwide by "anemic" job growth. Plus the fact that under DumBama, his spending was twice that of Bush. When Ears was running for President, he claimed that Bush's spending was irresponsible and unpatriotic. Yet once in office, he proved to be twice as irresponsible and twice as unpatriotic; using his terminology of course.

Here's an idea.....instead of all the bold assertions, how about some evidence?

While your working on that, consider how the very thing you insist brought down the "Great Supply Side Idiocy, Part Deux" economy was THE VERY SAME PHENOMENON ON WHICH IT WAS DEPENDENT FOR GDP AND JOB GROWTH.

Federal Debt
The federal debt has already grown more during Obama’s first six years than under all previous U.S. presidents combined, at least in nominal dollars with no adjustment for inflation. The debt owed to the public stands at about $13 trillion, an increase of 106 percent since Obama first took office.
Total debt, counting money the government owes to itself, stands at $18.1 trillion, up 70 percent.
Both debt figures continue to grow, though less rapidly than during Obama’s first few years when annual deficits topped $1 trillion for four years running. The U.S. finished the most recent fiscal year with a deficit of $483 billion. But the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that unless Congress acts to trim future spending or raise future taxes, or some combination of both, those annual deficits will soon be rising again. The most recent “baseline” budget projection, which CBO issued in August, forecasts that under current law the deficit will rise above half a trillion in fiscal 2016 and hit $960 billion within a decade.

Obama’s Numbers (January 2015 Update)
Ray.....do you know what a structural deficit is?

While your working on that, consider how the very thing you insist brought down the "Great Supply Side Idiocy, Part Deux" economy was THE VERY SAME PHENOMENON ON WHICH IT WAS DEPENDENT FOR GDP AND JOB GROWTH.

Federal Debt
The federal debt has already grown more during Obama’s first six years than under all previous U.S. presidents combined, at least in nominal dollars with no adjustment for inflation. The debt owed to the public stands at about $13 trillion, an increase of 106 percent since Obama first took office.
Total debt, counting money the government owes to itself, stands at $18.1 trillion, up 70 percent.
Both debt figures continue to grow, though less rapidly than during Obama’s first few years when annual deficits topped $1 trillion for four years running. The U.S. finished the most recent fiscal year with a deficit of $483 billion. But the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that unless Congress acts to trim future spending or raise future taxes, or some combination of both, those annual deficits will soon be rising again. The most recent “baseline” budget projection, which CBO issued in August, forecasts that under current law the deficit will rise above half a trillion in fiscal 2016 and hit $960 billion within a decade.

Cherry picking seems to be fair play, from your link:

Summary

Jobs, paychecks, corporate profits and stock prices have all improved since our last report on the Obama statistical record. Some highlights:
  • The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under President Barack Obama than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.
  • Real weekly earnings are up 1.7 percent, thanks in part to a plunge in gasoline prices.
  • Corporate profits have nearly tripled, and stock prices have soared.
  • On the other hand, the number of Americans receiving food stamps remains 45 percent higher than when the president first took office, and the rate of home ownership has dropped by 3.2 percentage points, to the lowest point in nearly 20 years.
  • The average premium for a benchmark “silver” health plan in the Obamacare marketplaces rose only 2 percent this year, and consumers had more plans from which to choose. But the tax penalty for going without insurance will double.

Fine, but we were discussing debt.

Fine, the annual deficit under Obama has gone down, some 'credit' to the TP; however, what the TP solution does, is to simply kick ultimate needs down the road. To fail to fix what we allow to further rust / fall into disrepair or become obsolete, or take away what most citizens have worked do to their health crisis or injury or loss of a job is callous and foolish and simply gives to the wealthy and takes away from the needy.

Being penny wise and dollar foolish defines a fiscal conservative. Fiscal decisions must be rational, pragmatic, responsible and compassionate, something alien to the mind of a tea bagger.

First, learn the difference between debt and deficit. Second, learn who controls the spending in our government. Third, pay close attention to the leaders of Congress when deficits are reduced and who to credit for it.

Did you know that the budget process begins with a Request by the White House?

Do you know why Easy Al Greenspan described Ronald Reagan as "a reckless steward of the economy"?

And you helped...

Federal Debt

Summary

Jobs, paychecks, corporate profits and stock prices have all improved since our last report on the Obama statistical record. Some highlights:
  • The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under President Barack Obama than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.
  • Real weekly earnings are up 1.7 percent, thanks in part to a plunge in gasoline prices.
  • On the other hand, the number of Americans receiving food stamps remains 45 percent higher than when the president first took office, and the rate of home ownership has dropped by 3.2 percentage points, to the lowest point in nearly 20 years.
  • The average premium for a benchmark “silver” health plan in the Obamacare marketplaces rose only 2 percent this year, and consumers had more plans from which to choose. But the tax penalty for going without insurance will double.

You think debt and deficit are unrelated?

BLS defines full time as 35 hrs per week.....BLS compiles the jobs data......how ACA defines full time is entirely irrelevant to BLS...

Read that as many times as you need to grasp it.....

I guess that's a way to inflate the full time numbers, I've never had a full time job where I worked less than 40 hours. But what can you expect from DC, where the suspension of reality is practiced early and often.

If that has been the definition over time, then there is no such "inflation".....

Just misleading a hell.

35-44 hrs per week........as that definition has not changed with Obama, it provides for an apples to apples comparison....

If you want " misleading" look at how the Hatahs are using U3, U6 and LFPR.....

Right, can't use numbers that more accurately reflect reality. Why do you think politicians came up with the crap we use, it makes them look better.

Politicians have no influence over BLS methodology....

I guess that's a way to inflate the full time numbers, I've never had a full time job where I worked less than 40 hours. But what can you expect from DC, where the suspension of reality is practiced early and often.

If that has been the definition over time, then there is no such "inflation".....

Just misleading a hell.

35-44 hrs per week........as that definition has not changed with Obama, it provides for an apples to apples comparison....

If you want " misleading" look at how the Hatahs are using U3, U6 and LFPR.....

Right, can't use numbers that more accurately reflect reality. Why do you think politicians came up with the crap we use, it makes them look better.

Politicians have no influence over BLS methodology....

Keep telling yourself that, dept of labor is part of the executive.

republican-lies.jpg

Post #18--Ray sez
Yeah, and you can give DumBama credit if he had the power to spend money. But guess what,
he doesn't. It was the Republican Congress that you can give credit to for the reduction
of spending and lower deficits.

Post #37-Ray sez--
That's the part liberals don't get: we gave leadership to the Republicans in Congress and
Senate to stop Obama--not work with him.

Lets give credet where credet is due. The nut-sucking republican baggys only added 435 million
dollars to the federal debt in 2014. Hoo-ray for the baggys.

For Republicans, Lying is a way of life.

republican-lies.jpg

-------Bluecoller--the grumpy old kraut -----

republican-lies.jpg

Post #18--Ray sez
Yeah, and you can give DumBama credit if he had the power to spend money. But guess what,
he doesn't. It was the Republican Congress that you can give credit to for the reduction
of spending and lower deficits.

Post #37-Ray sez--
That's the part liberals don't get: we gave leadership to the Republicans in Congress and
Senate to stop Obama--not work with him.

Lets give credet where credet is due. The nut-sucking republican baggys only added 435 million

dollars to the federal debt in 2014. Hoo-ray for the baggys.

For Republicans, Lying is a way of life.

republican-lies.jpg

-------Bluecoller--the grumpy old kraut -----

Terrific post genius. Now learn the difference between debt and deficits.

Federal Debt

Summary

You think debt and deficit are unrelated?

Of course they are related but still two different subjects.

Federal Debt

Summary

Fine, the annual deficit under Obama has gone down, some 'credit' to the TP; however, what the TP solution does, is to simply kick ultimate needs down the road. To fail to fix what we allow to further rust / fall into disrepair or become obsolete, or take away what most citizens have worked do to their health crisis or injury or loss of a job is callous and foolish and simply gives to the wealthy and takes away from the needy.

Being penny wise and dollar foolish defines a fiscal conservative. Fiscal decisions must be rational, pragmatic, responsible and compassionate, something alien to the mind of a tea bagger.

First, learn the difference between debt and deficit. Second, learn who controls the spending in our government. Third, pay close attention to the leaders of Congress when deficits are reduced and who to credit for it.

Do you know why Easy Al Greenspan described Ronald Reagan as "a reckless steward of the economy"?

Sure, the President does make a budget proposal, but that's all it is, a proposal. It doesn't mean Congress has to go along with all or any of it. Ultimately, it's the Congress that spends the money. Sure, the President can refuse to sign it and shut down the government, but that doesn't happen very often........ or at least often enough.

Summary

Sure, the President does make a budget proposal, but that's all it is, a proposal. It doesn't mean Congress has to go along with all or any of it. Ultimately, it's the Congress that spends the money. Sure, the President can refuse to sign it and shut down the government, but that doesn't happen very often........ or at least often enough.

What I have posted and recommended a number of times is for The Congress to pass an amendment giving to the President the Line-Item Veto. Of course any item cut by POTUS could be overridden by the Congress as is the case for any other bill.

Shutting down the Government is dumb and a waster of money.

Republicans are always a disaster when it comes to economics and foreign policy, yet they'll whine and scream about how everyone else does it.

Reagan lets 282 marines die in Beirut in 1982 then he turns tail and runs home. G W Bush ignores North Korea and allows them to develop an atomic bomb which they first detonated in 2006. Now the world has a monster to deal with. Reagan tripled the national debt, Bush added 8 trillion to the national debt and handed Obama a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit when Obama took office which Obama has brought down every year he has been in office, even though he had no help from the Republicans in Congress.

Conservatives don't know economics and they don't know national defense. They are good at shutting down the government if they don't get their way though.

Like a group of school children.

What I have posted and recommended a number of times is for The Congress to pass an amendment giving to the President the Line-Item Veto. Of course any item cut by POTUS could be overridden by the Congress as is the case for any other bill.

Shutting down the Government is dumb and a waster of money.

Do you know what it would take to pass a Constitutional amendment? That's not even realistic in this day and age.

Forum List

Back