This is what you get for practicing free speech.

I lost my job yesterday.
I posted on a news site that even the Muslims who don't promote violence do want a world wide caliphate and their means to get it is by out breeding non-muslims.
Facebook banned me for 24 hours.
My boss fired me.
I sell car parts for a living, or I did.
Now I have to get another job that pays a living wage and explain why I was fired.
Free speech is only for the rich.

oh, and I hit up an online lawyer brokerage center with my wrongful termination suit. Not a single one has called my number or emailed me 24 hours later.
/----/ Sorry you lost your job. Been there done that.
1.) At your next interview, simply explain your department was consolidated (it was when you were fired) and you're now looking for the next opportunity. DON'T GET INTO DETAILS. DON'T HAVE A CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER and UNFRIEND YOUR OLD COLLEAGUES better yet drop off FB for awhile.
3.) Remember, most small companies never check references and your old company could face a libel suit if they defame you so they only list the dates you were hired and when you left.
4.) Ask for at least 10% more at your next interview.
5.) I sold to lawyers for 18 years. They are notorious for not answering emails or returning calls even if it's from a prospective client. Trust me on that one.
Read this: 12 Ways to Explain Why You Were Fired at a Job Interview
Good luck.
I'm not good at lying. How about I just post that they fired me for expressing a political opinion on a news site on my own time?

I lost my job yesterday.
I posted on a news site that even the Muslims who don't promote violence do want a world wide caliphate and their means to get it is by out breeding non-muslims.
My boss fired me.
Now I have to get another job that pays a living wage and explain why I was fired.

oh, and I hit up an online lawyer brokerage center with my wrongful termination suit. Not a single one has called my number or emailed me 24 hours later.

What do you think freedom of speech is, exactly?

It's not the freedom to say whatever you want, whenever you want, in case you were wondering.
So you boss can fire you for that post according to you.

Hey he is a sales guy and said something on FB which insulted a lot of customers...

Customers leave then a downsize is needed and many get fired....

He caused the problem and Boss fixed it... Remember the customer is always right...
That I believe was my bosses position, though he didn't state it that way.

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

An employer has no obligation to honor your free speech....only the government does

You posted stuff that could potentially damage your employer or destroy the morale of the workforce

Glad you got fired.....maybe you won't publicize your hate next time

Stating a simple fact 1. Muslims want to take over the world (some peacefully some not peacefully) but they all want a world wide caliphate. and 2. The peaceful ones do it by out breeding non-muslims.

What about that is hate? What about that is a lie?

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

An employer has no obligation to honor your free speech....only the government does

You posted stuff that could potentially damage your employer or destroy the morale of the workforce

Glad you got fired.....maybe you won't publicize your hate next time

Stating a simple fact 1. Muslims want to take over the world (some peacefully some not peacefully) but they all want a world wide caliphate. and 2. The peaceful ones do it by out breeding non-muslims.

What about that is hate? What about that is a lie?

Not my problem

Your misinformation is intended to generate fear and hate against Muslims

Your employer doesn't need your shit and sent you packing

Wise move

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

How do you know that you lost your job for making that post, how did your employer discover your post? What did your employer say when he canned you?
He pulled up my facebook account and showed me the post I made.

Why were you FB friends with your boss?
no. A Customer of our company read the comment, linked back to my FB account, found out where I was working and emailed it to him.

maybe you shouldn't have allowed your FB page to be public if you're going to publish things that are embarrassing to your employer.

I'm pretty sure that your employee handbook prohibited your behavior.

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

1.) At your next interview, simply explain your department was consolidated (it was when you were fired) and you're now looking for the next opportunity. DON'T GET INTO DETAILS. DON'T HAVE A CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER and UNFRIEND YOUR OLD COLLEAGUES better yet drop off FB for awhile.
3.) Remember, most small companies never check references and your old company could face a libel suit if they defame you so they only list the dates you were hired and when you left.
5.) I sold to lawyers for 18 years. They are notorious for not answering emails or returning calls even if it's from a prospective client. Trust me on that one.
Good luck.
I'm not good at lying. How about I just post that they fired me for expressing a political opinion on a news site on my own time?
/——/ I never said to lie. Read the link I posted. You can google How do I explain being fired on a job interview. Geeeze

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

It's not the freedom to say whatever you want, whenever you want, in case you were wondering.

Hey he is a sales guy and said something on FB which insulted a lot of customers...

He caused the problem and Boss fixed it... Remember the customer is always right...
If your employee handbook says you violated by posting, they are right. If the handbook says nothing about social media posts, they are toast.

no. A Customer of our company read the comment, linked back to my FB account, found out where I was working and emailed it to him.

maybe you shouldn't have allowed your FB page to be public if you're going to publish things that are embarrassing to your employer.

So you're saying free speech is only for people without jobs?

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

If your employee handbook says you violated by posting, they are right. If the handbook says nothing about social media posts, they are toast.
/——-/ In a right to work State you can be fired for any reason except for discrimination. All I’m telling the OP is there is a right way and wrong way to explain being fired. I was with Fortune 50 companies and the questions never came up.

/——-/ In a right to work State you can be fired for any reason except for discrimination. All I’m telling the OP is there is a right way and wrong way to explain being fired. I was with Fortune 50 companies and the questions never came up.
Yes, but it can be shown so that UI immediately kicks in.

/——/ Technically Free Speech only applies to the government restriction on political speech It doesn’t apply to the private sector

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

Good luck.
/——/ I never said to lie. Read the link I posted. You can google How do I explain being fired on a job interview. Geeeze

it's a problem. and every job application asks if you were ever fired or forced to resign from a job.

no one will hire you if you say you were fired for expressing a political opinion. never never never

and don't listen to the dum dum telling you to ask for 10% more.

/——-/ I worked for a big pharma company and a rep put a political sticker on the bumper of his company car. He wasn’t fired but he had to remove it and pay for any damage to the paint.

/——/ Technically Free Speech only applies to the government restriction on political speech It doesn’t apply to the private sector
Yep. When you look at a company as if it were a nation, you get the USSR.

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

Good luck.

it's a problem. and every job application asks if you were ever fired or forced to resign from a job.

no one will hire you if you say you were fired for expressing a political opinion. never never never

/——/ This dum dum got the raise each time I asked. I a

Yep. When you look at a company as if it were a nation, you get the USSR.[/QUOTE/——/ That makes no sense. Who thinks that?

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

Good luck.

/——/ not true

I lost my job yesterday.
My boss fired me.

Good luck.

/——/ This dum dum got the raise each time I asked. I a

Yep. When you look at a company as if it were a nation, you get the USSR.[/QUOTE/——/ That makes no sense. Who thinks that?
Can you speak about your leadership negatively?
Can you wear what you want?
Can you enter and leave as you want?
Can they make you work late tonight?
Do you have output requirements to meet so the organization can get wealthier?
Can you eat when you want?

Yeah, some companies have flexibility, but as a generalization companies are no different than tyrannical regimes.

The OP had the right to say what he said.

Has anyone disputed that? I don't think so. Indeed he's not been disabused of that right.

Yes. Some have disputed that.

What's disputed is whether his employer has the right to fire him.

I got a well known lawyer to take my case. He only gets paid if he wins. We shall soon see.

I don't care about your personal situation. I'm interested in the principles involved. Unless an employee is under contract, an employer is under no obligation to continue employing a person, regardless of their reason for declining.

Forum List

Back