Thrown in jail for unpaid medical debt

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills": County in rural Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

Ah! More of that greatness and shining beacon on the hill America supposedly is! Awesome! While the politicians shit on the people,the people get thrown in jail for debt they can't pay. Can only imagine the mental gymnastics people are going to use to justify this shit.

Had he shown up for his court hearing he would not have been sent to jail for contempt of court. It sounds like he was not communicating with courts.

Isn't this something that could be done via the US Mail?

I don’t write the laws, he was ordered to appear in court, he didn’t show up, he got arrested, so the government doesn’t think so. Maybe you can use your vast amounts of money and get them out of debt.

Or employers like me can pay a living wage.

Go and offer the guy a job, Mr. Bigshot. You are all talk, nothing else.

Dad in Kansas Jailed Over Medical Debt from Son’s Leukemia Treatments and Wife’s Seizures

They didn’t make enough to afford health insurance, but they made too much to qualify for Medicaid.

This is supposedly the richest country in the world 4 years into a Trump boom.

He was probably penalized for not having insurance under Obamacare because he couldn't afford the $800 plus monthly premiums that it costs. Then he would have had a deductible of $1800 per person. That is why Obamacare was such a failure. It was cheaper to pay the fine for not having insurance than having to pay premiums. Thank goodness at least the tax fine went away.

Obamacare doubled the cost of health insurance and we all know when costs go up they never come down...we level headed people warned of this but people that want everything for free (idiots) didn't listen.....
Wrong. Healthcare costs had been skyrocketing since before Obama was even a Senator.

While true, Obamacare only helped them continue to rise.
Way back in the late 1970's and early 1980's medical costs were rising in double digits. The oldes of the oldest were retiring then. We were not ready. Blu Cross and others got competition from a newer insurance called HMO's. they were cheaper but the medical care was a bit questionable. Obama himself made a couple of statements on healthcare as others did. Obama suggested a limit of 2 million dollars of medical care per person in a lifetime. And in lieu of continue care to prolong what the inevitable would bring, the use of pain pills. There has been statements like this for decades. That means at some point it will be sold to the general population in some way. Old age, or a lifetime of massive costs for any condition and everything in between would be eligable.

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills": County in rural Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

Ah! More of that greatness and shining beacon on the hill America supposedly is! Awesome! While the politicians shit on the people,the people get thrown in jail for debt they can't pay. Can only imagine the mental gymnastics people are going to use to justify this shit.

Had he shown up for his court hearing he would not have been sent to jail for contempt of court. It sounds like he was not communicating with courts.

I don’t write the laws, he was ordered to appear in court, he didn’t show up, he got arrested, so the government doesn’t think so. Maybe you can use your vast amounts of money and get them out of debt.

what exactly is a living wage???

Living Wage Calculator

Then add 10% for rent increases.

Living Wage Calculator

thats bullshit,,,I could never live on that,,,

It is absolutely barbaric that "medical debt" even exists in the richest country on Earth.

If Douche Bag Reagan hadn't deregulated the HMO Act we'd have far less than today, but medical insurers who own or derive profit from 95% of medical providers are making record profits. YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!

Living Wage Calculator

And many Working American make less than that.

Eighty percent of Working Americans live pay check to pay check.

Forty percent of Working Americans have to work two or more jobs to live.

Living Wage Calculator

thats how its been since the begging of mankind,,,
not sure why current man is so special he needs more than us that worked for what we earned,,,

BOGUS THREAD!

Not surprising at all to see how desperate the far-left is getting as we get closer to their certain defeat in November 2020.

NO ONE was jailed because of the debt. If you thumb your nose at the court system, you're going to get burned.

Here is the sentence that explains everything "accidentally missed" by my far-left friends.

"After he missed a court appearance about his unpaid bills and was unable to get the money for the $500 bail, Tres was sent to jail."

Dad in Kansas Jailed Over Medical Debt from Son’s Leukemia Treatments and Wife’s Seizures

So what?

Yes, many working people MAKE THE CHOICE to work paycheck to paycheck. They also have so much confidence in our economy that they know that they'll be working next week and the weeks after that too.

Forty percent of Working Americans work two or more jobs to pay the taxes on what they EARN.

First%20part%20time%20job-S.jpg

He was put in jail for failure to appear in court.

For not being able to pay his medical bills.

img_1313-whats-your-point-nana-meme-S.jpg

You can't pay a $1,000.00 medical bill apparently now you face humiliation, and possible jail time, in certain jurisdictions.

You declare bankruptcy on hundreds of millions in debt, you get elected president.

always-S.jpg

As you know, President Donald Trump never declared bankruptcy. Six of hundreds of his businesses declared bankruptcy over a period of 50 years.

You don't know anyone who was foreclosed on or declared bankruptcy during the 2007-2008 recession? Are they bad people?

Why do you hate all the great things happening in our country today?

You can't pay a $1,000.00 medical bill apparently now you face humiliation, and possible jail time, in certain jurisdictions.

You declare bankruptcy on hundreds of millions in debt, you get elected president.

always-S.jpg

As you know, President Donald Trump never declared bankruptcy. Six of hundreds of his businesses declared bankruptcy over a period of 50 years.

It's funny how many argue that Trump is never responsible for anything.

Just pick up the phone and call the court. They'll work with you. Ignore da judge, and you're (rightfully) toast!

A five hundred dollar bond is $50.00 with a bondsman.

always-S.jpg

It's funny how many argue that Trump is never responsible for anything.

Is what I posted true or false?

FAKE NEWS!!!

they went to jail for not showing up to court not because they didnt pay the bills,,,,

This is a complete bastardization of due process. A complete violation of the 1st and 5th Amendments. Possibly even the 4th given that 'debtor's exam' horse pucky. That's basically stop and frisk every three months. Paperz pleez.

From the article...

The attorney uses that law by asking the court to direct people with unpaid medical bills to appear in court every three months and state they are too poor to pay in what is called a "debtors exam."

If two hearings are missed, the judge issues an arrest warrant for contempt of court. Bail is set at $500.

Are people not responsible for their debts?

Living Wage Calculator

not sure why current man is so special he needs more than us that worked for what we earned,,,

You hate American Workers which makes you a Russian troll farm contractor or a libertarian.

Living Wage Calculator

You hate American Workers which makes you a Russian troll farm contractor or a libertarian.

I've been one for 50 yrs,,,

so fuck you you communist prick,,,

So what?

Yes, many working people MAKE THE CHOICE to work paycheck to paycheck. They also have so much confidence in our economy that they know that they'll be working next week and the weeks after that too.

Forty percent of Working Americans work two or more jobs to pay the taxes on what they EARN.

You hate Working Americans?

Forum List

Back