Timeless Quotes from Spiritual Giants

Ignatius of Loyola

St. ignatius of loyola Top 10 QuotesGo forth and set the world on fire.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

God freely created us so that we might know, love, and serve him in this life and be happy with him forever. God's purpose in creating us is to draw forth from us a response of love and service here on earth, so that we may attain our goal of everlasting happiness with him in heaven.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

All the things in this world are gifts of God, created for us, to be the means by which we can come to know him better, love him more surely, and serve him more faithfully.

As a result, we ought to appreciate and use these gifts of God insofar as they help us toward our goal of loving service and union with God. But insofar as any created things hinder our progress toward our goal, we ought to let them go.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Act as if everything depended on you; trust as if everything depended on God.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

To give, and not to count the cost
to fight, and not to heed the wounds,
to toil, and not to seek for rest,
to labor, and not to ask for any reward,
save that of knowing that we do thy will
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Love is shown more in deeds than in words.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Laugh and grow strong
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to Him and if they were to allow His grace to mold them accordingly.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

O my God, teach me to be generous, teach me to serve you as I should, to give without counting the cost, to fight without fear of being wounded, to work without seeking rest, to labour without expecting any reward, but the knowledge that I am doing your most holy will.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

...and a few more quotes.
The enemy is like a woman, weak in face of opposition, but correspondingly strong when not opposed. In a quarrel with a man, it is natural for a woman to lose heart and run away when he faces up to her; on the other hand, if the man begins to be afraid and to give ground, her rage, vindictiveness and fury overflow and know no limit.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Let me look at the foulness and ugliness of my body. Let me see myself as an ulcerous sore running with every horrible and disgusting poison.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Considering that the blessed life we so long for consists in an intimate and true love of God Our Creator and Lord, which binds and obliges us all to a sincere love.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

True, I am in love with suffering, but I do not know if I deserve the honor.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

The safest and most suitable form of penance seems to be that which causes pain in the flesh but does not penetrate to the bones, that is, which causes suffering but not sickness.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

It is not hard to obey when we love the one whom we obey.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

He who carries God in his heart bears heaven with him wherever he goes.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Receive, Lord, all my liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

Give me only your love and your grace. With this I am rich enough, and I have no more to ask.
St. Ignatius of Loyola

It is so easy to tell who knew God and who didn't, isn't it? You can tell very easily who was having the relationship with Christ by reading their words here. No man could possibly write such words if he didn't have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Ministry to others flows out of a relationship with God. The richer the relationship the richer the ministry. What do these men and women have in common? High IQ's? No. Connections in politics? No. Affiliation with a certain church? No. Membership of a certain faith? No.

The common ground is each had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. ** His comment on suffering might seem quite bizarre but consider Avilas own words......she said if people knew what suffering did for them they'd beg for more of it. How did Avila know that?

Last edited:
John Bunyan - Spiritual Giant

John Bunyan Quotes

Therefore, I bind these lies and slanderous accusations to my person as an ornament; it belongs to my Christian profession to be vilified, slandered, reproached and reviled, and since all this is nothing but that, as God and my conscience testify, I rejoice in being reproached for Christ's sake.

Afflictions make the heart more deep, more experimental, more knowing and profound, and so, more able to hold, to contain, and beat more.

In times of affliction we commonly meet with the sweetest experiences of the love of God.

He that forgets his friend is ungrateful to him; but he that forgets his Saviour is unmerciful to himself.

He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day.

Take heed of driving so hard after this world, as to hinder thyself and family from those duties towards God, which thou art by grace obliged to; as private prayer, reading the scriptures, and Christian conference. It is a base thing for men so to spend themselves and families after this world, as that they disengage their heart to God's worship.

Last edited:
Francis operated in dominion authority because of his relationship with God. His presence was enough to get someone converted and I suppose he may have assumed this was the norm for Christianity. Which of course it is but so many live beneath our God given authority and title because wer'e lifting up human men instead of Jesus Christ and compromising with teachings not found in bible.

For example... when Peter walked by people were healed immediately if his shadow fell on them.. People cried out what must we do to be saved ...because they were in the presence of a believer full of the Spirit of God, Avatar.

On the matter of the great commission, all Christians are commanded to go and spread the Gospel. This is done through the written word, spoken word & prayer. People have misunderstood Assissi's words because he never said them. The quote is a lie. See the misquote on Assissi link below this one.

Last edited:
I did not find the quote consistent with something St. Francis of Assissi would have said so I fact checked it and found out he never said it.

FactChecker: Misquoting Francis of Assisi ? The Gospel Coalition BlogPreach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.

It is always attributed to St. Francis of Assisi---founder of the Franciscan Order---and is intended to say that proclaiming the Gospel by example is more virtuous than actually proclaiming with voice. It is a quote that has often rankled me because it seems to create a useless dichotomy between speech and action. Besides, the spirit behind it can be a little arrogant, intimating that those who "practice the Gospel" are more faithful to the faith than those who preach it.

But here's the fact: Our good Francis never said such a thing.

None of his disciples, early or later biographers have these words coming from his mouth. It doesn't show up in any of his writings. Not even close really. The closest comes from his Rule of 1221, Chapter XII on how the Franciscans should practice their preaching:

No brother should preach contrary to the form and regulations of the holy Church nor unless he has been permitted by his minister . . . All the Friars . . . should preach by their deeds.

Essentially, make sure your deeds match your words. While there's a nice and good sentiment in the statement---be sure you live out the grace and truth of the Gospel---the notion as it is typically presented is neither practical, nor faithful to the Gospel of Christ. It does not align with St. Francis' own practice.

His first biographer, Thomas of Celeno, writing just three years after Francis' death, quotes him instructing his co-workers in the Gospel thusly,

The preacher must first draw from secret prayers what he will later pour out in holy sermons; he must first grow hot within before he speaks words that are in themselves cold.

Mark Galli, senior managing editor at Christianity Today, wrote a wonderful little book on Francis as well as a clarifying brief article on the myth of this quote. He explains that Francis was quite a preacher, actually more along the lines of Jonathan Edwards or Billy Sunday than most of those who misquote him would like to think. Galli quotes Thomas' biography,

As the saints cannot speak up for themselves when they are misquoted it is important that we fact check anything mentioned about them. I'll expect whoever quoted Assissi to retract their statement.

Last edited:
Alphonsus Ligouri - Ligouri had the same heart as Brother Lawrence who wrote practicing the presence of God. One noted difference is that all of these men repeatedly used the name of Jesus Christ when referring to their Lord and Savior.

Alphonsus Liguori Quotes | Quotes by Alphonsus Liguori

Nothing else is required than to act toward God, in the midst of your occupations, as you do, even when busy, toward those who love you and whom you love.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

Since His delights are to be with you, let yours be found in Him.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

Speak to Him often of your business, your plans, your troubles, your fears - of everything that concerns you.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

The heart of man is, so to speak, the paradise of God.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

True, He is infinite Majesty, but He is also infinite Goodness and infinite Love. There can be no greater Lord than God; neither can there be a more ardent lover than He.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

What grieves me most in my past offenses, O my loving God, is not so much the punishment I have deserved, as the displeasure I have given You, Who are worthy of infinite love.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

Who is there that ever receives a gift and tries to make bargains about it? Let us, then, return thanks for what He has bestowed on us. Who can tell whether, if we had had a larger share of ability or stronger health, we should not have possessed them to our destruction.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

With such thoughts in your mind, now that you have resolved to love Him and please Him with all your strength, your only fear should be to fear God too much and to place too little confidence in Him.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes
Yet you should practice the greatest possible love and confidence in treating with Him.

Alphonsus Liguori quotes

Last edited:
Top 10 Quotes Of St. Francis of Assisi : i Dont Care Quotes

2. While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.
Francis of Assisi

3. Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Francis of Assisi

4. Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.
Francis of Assisi

5. If a superior give any order to one who is under him which is against that man’s conscience, although he do not obey it yet he shall not be dismissed.
Francis of Assisi

6. Grant me the treasure of sublime poverty: permit the distinctive sign of our order to be that it does not possess anything of its own beneath the sun, for the glory of your name, and that it have no other patrimony than begging.
Francis of Assisi

7. Where there is injury let me sow pardon.

Last edited:
Smith Wigglesworth - Spiritual Giant

Smith Wigglesworth Quotes

The heart is the mainspring.

The spiritual life in the believer never has known dissension or break, because where the Spirit has perfect liberty, then they all agree and there is no schism in the body.

There are two kinds of faith. There is the natural faith. But the supernatural faith is the gift of God.

People could be built far greater in the Lord and be more wonderfully established if they would move out sometimes and think over the graces of the Lord.

God's canopy is over you and will cover you at all times, preserving you from evil.

The man who is going through with God to be used in healing must be a man of longsuffering.

Last edited:
Jesse Penn Lewis - Spiritual Giant

Jessie Penn-Lewis Quotes

In the war upon the powers of darkness, prayer is the primary and mightiest weapon, both in aggressive war upon them and their works; in the deliverance of men from their power; and against them as a hierarchy of powers opposed to Christ and His Church.

- Jessie Penn-Lewis

Last edited:
William J. Seymour

William J. Seymour Quotes

There are many wells today, but they are dry. There are many hungry souls today that are empty. But let us come to Jesus and take Him at His Word and we will find wells of salvation, and be able to draw waters out of the well of salvation, for Jesus is that well.

Justification and regeneration are simultaneous. The pardoned sinner becomes a child of God in justification.

The Pentecostal power, when you sum it all up, is just more of God's love. If it does not bring more love, it is simply a counterfeit.

Our salvation is not in some father or human instruments. It is sad to see people so blinded, worshiping the creature more than the Creator.

Sanctification makes us pure in heart.

Any man that is saved and sanctified can feel the fire burning in his heart, when he calls on the name of Jesus.

Sanctification makes us holy and destroys the breed of sin, the love of sin and carnality. It makes us pure and whiter than snow. Bless His holy name!

The thing that makes us know that this "latter rain" that is flooding the world with the glory of God is of the Lord, is because the devil is not in such business.

Let us honor the blood of Jesus Christ every moment of our lives, and we will be sweet in our souls.

I can say, through the power of the Spirit, that wherever God can get a people that will come together in one accord and one mind in the Word of God, the baptism of the Holy Ghost will fall upon them, like as at Cornelius' house.

So many today are worshiping in the mountains, big churches, stone and frame buildings. But Jesus teaches that salvation is not in these stone structures--not in the mountains--not in the hills, but in God.

Seymour is the man God used to birth the Asuza Street Revival. We can see why...

Last edited:
John Hyde. Prayer Warrior who wore grooves in the wood floors where he prayed. Ever heard of him?

John Hyde Quotes (Author of Romeo)

“I know but one word ...Obedience! I know how a soldier will obey an order...even to death. I cannot expect to look JESUS CHRIST in the face and obey HIM less than a soldier his commander.”
― John Hyde

Last edited:
Meet Rees Howells. His prayer team prayed against Hitler until his defeat and consequent suicide. Another intercessor said while in prayer they saw Hilter in hell and he was cursing Rees Howells as the man who had destroyed his power ( which he had gained through occult practices ) - he was cursing Rees in hell. What an honor!

You haven't lived until hell knows your name and is cursing it like that. Wonderful credit to Rees.

Rees Howells: Intercessor Quotes | BookRags.comQuotes
"Even the normal pleasures of the world had no attraction for him." Chapter 1 pg. 15

"Everything of this world was rough, but everything about HIM, so holy, pure and beautiful." Chapter 3 pg. 29

"I had never seen that He must live in bodies, as the Savior lived in His on earth." Chapter 5 pg. 39

"If you can't be willing, would you like Me to help you? Are you willing to be made willing?" Chapter 5 pg. 45

"guided praying with specific objectives, victorious travail, and definite answers." Chapter 6 pg 54

"If Rees Howells visits a home, you watch, someone will be converted there!" Chapter 7 pg. 58

"I want you to be a steward, and not an owner. Will you give up all claim on your money to Me?" Chapter 10 pg 78

"The sufferings of others became so painful to him that he was pleading for them as if for himself. That was intercession!" Chapter 12 pg 99

Rees goes down in history as a Mighty Prayer Warrior and Conqueror. He prevailed mightily and at great cost. Prior to this assigment Rees and his wife were called as Missionaries. Because it was very rough terrain and danger they left their young child with a relative. They were not reunited with the boy until he was about 18 yrs of age and later he joined his father in Work for the Lord. Incredible story of how Rees broke through great sufferings to reach the summit.

the quotes are what others wrote about Rees.

Last edited:
This one is about Dumitru Duduman. A Romanian Pastor who smuggled over 1 million bibles into communist countries. He was sent to America to warn that America will burn in one hour. His message is one of repentance, forgiveness, loving and obeying God.

[ame=http://youtu.be/ml8mDt27wtA]In ONE DAY America Will BURN (God's Warning) - Dumitru Duduman - YouTube[/ame]

Gotta eat your wheaties, Mr. H. This is William Gurnall. Spiritual Wheaties. Enjoy...

William Gurnall Quotes

Take heed thou makest not the least child thine enemy by offering wrong to him; God will right the wicked even upon the saint.

Christ will bear no equal, and Satan no superior; and therefore, hold in with both thou canst not.

Christ counts it his honour, that he is a king of a willing people, and not of slaves.

The soldier is summoned to a life of active duty and so is the Christian.

The Christian's life should put his minister's sermon in print.

O if once our hearts were but filled with zeal for God, and compassion to our people's souls, we would up and be doing, though we could but lay a brick a day, and God would be with us.

Peace of conscience is nothing but the echo of pardoning mercy.

Last edited:
Oswald Chambers - This is a feast for your soul. Chambers struggled with physical illness, depression, many things but overcame it all through his faith in God.

Oswald Chambers Quotes (Author of My Utmost for His Highest - Updated)

“We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there's nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.

Most of us would prefer, however, to spend our time doing something that will get immediate results. We don't want to wait for God to resolve matters in His good time because His idea of 'good time' is seldom in sync with ours.”
― Oswald Chambers

“If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart.”
― Oswald Chambers

“Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.”
― Oswald Chambers

“Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says--'I cannot stand anymore.' God does not heed, He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by the patience of faith. 'Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.”
― Oswald Chambers

“Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is.”
― Oswald Chambers

“Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.”
― Oswald Chambers

“The remarkable thing about God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else.”
― Oswald Chambers

“We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.”
― Oswald Chambers

“Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.”
― Oswald Chambers

“Doubt is not always a sign that a man is wrong; it may be a sign that he is thinking.”
― Oswald Chambers

“God never gives us discernment in order that we may criticize, but that we may intercede.”
― Oswald Chambers

“At times God puts us through the discipline of darkness to teach us to heed Him. Song birds are taught to sing in the dark, and we are put into the shadow of God's hand until we learn to hear Him...Watch where God puts you into darkness, and when you are there keep your mouth shut. Are you in the dark just now in your circumstances, or in your life with God? Then remain quiet...When you are in the dark, listen, and God will give you a very precious message for someone else when you get into the light.”
― Oswald Chambers

Last edited:
A. B. Simpson

A.B. Simpson Quotes

Superficial Christians are apt to be eccentric. Mature Christians are so near the Lord that they are not afraid of missing His guidance. They are not always trying to promote their loyalty to God by their independence from others.

We begin life with the natural, next we come into the spiritual; but then, when we have truly received the kingdom of God and His righteousness, the natural is added to the spiritual, and we are able to receive the gifts of His providence and the blessings of life without becoming centered in them or allowing them to separate us from Him.

Forget yourself and live for others, for It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Christ rises above all things.

One touch of Christ is worth a lifetime of struggling.

We must never forget that Christ did not suffer just during His three years of public ministry or the last few days of His life when He was crucified. No, He suffered throughout His life on earth. He who was without sin lived daily with the corruption and sinfulness of lost humanity.

Christ is not a reservoir but a spring. His life is continual, active and ever passing on with an outflow as necessary as its inflow. If we do not perpetually draw the fresh supply from the living Fountain, we shall either grow stagnant or empty, It is, therefore, not so much a perpetual fullness as a perpetual filling.

Aggressive Christianity is the world's greatest need.

Perils as well as privileges attend the higher Christian life. The nearer we come to God, the thicker the hosts of darkness in heavenly places.

The sanctified body is one whose hands are clean. The stain of dishonesty is not on them, the withering blight of ill-gotten gain has not blistered them, the mark of violence is not found upon them. They have been separated from every occupation that could displease God or injure a fellow-man.

God means every Christian to be effective, to make a difference in the actual records and results of Christian work. God put each of us here to be a power. There is not one of us but is an essential wheel of the machinery and can accomplish all that God calls us to.

Last edited:
Andrew Murray - Wonderful teacher / author - if you are going to read books read the best ones first.. like Andrew Murray.

Andrew Murray Quotes (Author of Humility)

“Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.”
― Andrew Murray

“Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you.”
― Andrew Murray, Humility

“Here is the path to the higher life: down, lower down! Just as water always seeks and fills the lowest place, so the moment God finds men abased and empty, His glory and power flow in to exalt and to bless.”

“A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me.”
― Andrew Murray, Jesus Himself

“Answered prayer is the interchange of love between the Father and His child.”
― Andrew Murray

“Each time, before you intercede, be quiet first, and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, and how He delights to hear the prayers of His redeemed people. Think of your place and privilege in Christ, and expect great things!”
― Andrew Murray

“God has a plan for His Church upon earth. But alas! we too often make our plan, and we think that we know what ought to be done. We ask God first to bless our feeble efforts, instead of absolutely refusing to go unless God go before us.”
― Andrew Murray, Absolute Surrender

“The sooner I learn to forget myself in the desire that He may be glorified, the richer will be the blessing that prayer will bring to myself. No one ever loses by what he sacrifices to the Father.”
― Andrew Murray

“God cannot hear the prayers on our lips often because the desires of our heart after the world cry out to Him much more strongly and loudly than the our desires for Him.”
― Andrew Murray

“The great thing in prayer is to feel that we are putting our supplications into the bosom of omnipotent love.”
― Andrew Murray

“Humility is nothing but the disappearance of self in the vision that God is all.”

“Humility is the displacement of self by the enthronement of God.”
― Andrew Murray,

“The Lord gave the wonderful promise of the free use of His Name with the Father in conjunction with doing His works. The disciple who lives only for Jesus' work and Kingdom, for His will and honor, will be given the power to appropriate the promise. Anyone grasping the promise only when he wants something very special for himself will be disappointed, because he is making Jesus the servant of his own comfort. But whoever wants to pray the effective prayer of faith because he needs it for the work of the Master will learn it, because he has made himself the servant of his Lord's interests.”
― Andrew Murray, With Christ in the School of Prayer

“Being filled with the Spirit is simply this - having my whole nature yielded to His power. When the whole soul is yielded to the Holy Spirit, God Himself will fill it.”
― Andrew Murray, Absolute Surrender

“The highest glory of the creature is in being only a vessel, to receive and enjoy and show forth the glory of God. It can do this only as it is willing to be nothing in itself, that God may be all. Water always fills first the lowest places. The lower, the emptier a man lies before God, the speedier and the fuller will be the inflow of the diving glory.”

“Humility, the place of entire dependence on God, is the first duty and the highest virtue of the creature, and the root of every virtue. And so pride, or the loss of this humility, is the root of every sin and evil.”

“Our forgiving love toward men is the evidence of God's forgiving love in us. It is a necessary condition of the prayer of faith.”
― Andrew Murray, With Christ in the School of Prayer

“Men sometimes speak as if humility and meekness would rob us of what is noble and bold and manlike. O that all would believe that this is the nobility of the kingdom of heaven, that this is the royal spirit that the King of heaven displayed, that this is Godlike, to humble oneself, to become the servant of all!”

“The root of all virtue and grace, of all faith and acceptable worship, is that we know that we have nothing but what we receive, and bow in deepest humility to wait upon God for it.”

“Humility is simply the disposition which prepares the soul for living on trust.”

“As natural and easy as it has been to be proud, it must become natural for us to be humble.”
― Andrew Murray

“The only humility that is really ours is not that which we try to show before God in prayer, but that which we carry with us, and carry out, in our ordinary conduct; the insignficances of daily life are the importances and the tests of eternity, because they prove what really is the spirit that possesses us.”
― Andrew Murray

Last edited:
Charles Spurgeon - 77 quotes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information about Charles Spurgeon

Charles Spurgeon
Known as the Prince of Preachers to some in the Christian faith, Charles Spurgeon was a British Baptist preacher who lived from 1834 to 1892. During his lifetime he delivered thousands of sermons, often 10 times a week. He was a very influential figure in the Reformed Baptist tradition, opposing more liberal theological leanings in the church in his day. He was a prolific author.

Date of Birth: June 19, 1834Date of Death: January 31, 1892

"A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots are withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble." — Charles Spurgeon

"Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life. Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend." — Charles Spurgeon..

"The Lord gets His best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction." — Charles Spurgeon

"When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within" — Charles Spurgeon

"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength" — Charles Spurgeon

"Nobody ever outgrows scripture; the Book widens and deepens with our years" — Charles Spurgeon

"Some temptations come to the industrious, but all temptations attack the idle" — Charles Spurgeon

38 "Fiery trials make golden Christians" — Charles Spurgeon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27 "Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self." — Charles Spurgeon

31 "There is no fatigue so wearisome as that which comes from lack of work" — Charles Spurgeon

21 "Economy is half the battle of life. It is not so hard to earn money as to spend it well." — Charles Spurgeon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 "If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say that it is in one word- Prayer. Live and die without prayer, and you will pray long enough when you get to hell." - Charles Spurgeon

19 "Must is a hard nut to crack, but it has a sweet kernel." — Charles Spurgeon

20 "Of two evils, choose neither.

14 "You might not always get what you want, but you always get what you expect." — Charles Spurgeon..
6 "If you have to give a carnival to get people to come to church, then you will have to keep giving carnivals to keep them coming back." — Charles Spurgeon

8 "It is not well to make great changes in old age."

"A lie travels round the world, while Truth is putting on her boots" — Charles Spurgeon

"Saving faith is an immediate relation to Christ, accepting, receiving, resting upon Him alone, for justification, sanctification, and eternal life by virtue of God's grace." — Charles Spurgeon

Last edited:
John Wesley

John Wesley quotes

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.”
John Wesley quote

“Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can”
John Wesley quote

“When you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn.”
John Wesley

“I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist either in Europe or America. But I am afraid lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power. And this undoubtedly will be the case unless they hold fast both the doctrine, spirit, and discipline with which they first set out.”

“When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.”
John Wesley quote

“Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can”
John Wesley quote

“Once in seven years I burn all my sermons; for it is a shame if I cannot write better sermons now than I did seven years ago.”
John Wesley quote

“Every one, though born of God in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees”
John Wesley quote

“The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion.”
John Wesley quote

Last edited:

Forum List

Back