TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem

1. MASSIVELY fine employers
2. Mandatory e-verify for jobs and living quarters
3. They get nothing. Not schooling, drivers licenses, healthcare (even turn them down at the ER. Sometimes actual solutions are harsh) they get NOTHING
4. Make becoming a citizen easier. The current system is a bunch of bullshit. They make it seem like we don't want any immigration..
The economy you ask? The jobs?
After that gets implemented, create a work requirement for welfare(obviously not all cases). Then we fill those jobs "Americans don't want" AND we cut welfare. 2 birds 1 stone.
If they don't want to work em', then fuck em'. They obviously don't have much self-respect or respect for their families. I would do whatever I had to do to feed my family. But that is just me.

Different ideas? I am willing to actually compromise ;)
Agree totally with #1 with a caveat: A guest worker program must be put in place first. This will of course cause problems of it's own like what to do with people who are employed seasonally.

#2 E-verify where any employee lives? For immigrants only? Legal immigrants too? Some hesitancy but, okay

#3 Nuts! All legally employed immigrants will have a legal status. If they are unemployeed and ill we must treat them -- then do we send them home?

#4 Nuts multiplied. Immigration status to citizenship status should stay tough. We should do some things like Canada does

We need to temporarily stop taking in all those tired and poor
1. we could definitely work on something like that
2. No, when people rent out houses or something. Sorry if I wasn't clear
3. They have legal status so...
4. I don't agree. I also think that will light a fire under foreigners with skill. There might not be merit with that, but I stand on it until it can be proven otherwise.
The bottom I somewhat agree with.. We do need to focus on America...
Thanks Dante!

Actually, you could tie 3&4 together.

The minute they come in for a handout or medical assistance--wham, hit them with the citizenship route and throw them into a work program.
Nope. They would take advantage of that just like everything else. Wouldn't you?

If they do not/refuse to complete the citizenship route(which would make no sense if they want to stay) you can cut off aid and pick them up.

I see few fully illegals(most will turn up somewhere in the system) this way plus it helps locate them through the citizenship/benefit process.
If you give them an inch, they will take a mile. If they come in to the ER give them a pamphlet on our great immigration process and show them the door.
I am willing to compromise, but not throw my premise out the window :)
Well, You have a generally good idea

I was trying to suck em into the system as quickly as possible so it is easier to deal with the.

Right now, the biggest problem is finding them(we have a general idea of those using benefits and drawing them out is akin to fishing)

You mean EMTALA? Amend it to where it only applies to citizens. Unless you think Washington doesn't really want to fix the immigration problem? :eek:
Paul Ryan has promised his right wingers in Congress to not to try and fix immigration
Paul also announced a chamber fr commerce lobbyist will be his chief of staff. Explains a lot!!
Mr Ryan is a fraud. Oh, he didn't really want the Speaker's job!

what a crock-o-shit :rofl:

3. They get nothing. Not schooling, drivers licenses, healthcare (even turn them down at the ER. Sometimes actual solutions are harsh) they get NOTHING
4. Make becoming a citizen easier. The current system is a bunch of bullshit. They make it seem like we don't want any immigration..
After that gets implemented, create a work requirement for welfare(obviously not all cases). Then we fill those jobs "Americans don't want" AND we cut welfare. 2 birds 1 stone.
If they don't want to work em', then fuck em'. They obviously don't have much self-respect or respect for their families. I would do whatever I had to do to feed my family. But that is just me.

Agree totally with #1 with a caveat: A guest worker program must be put in place first. This will of course cause problems of it's own like what to do with people who are employed seasonally.

#2 E-verify where any employee lives? For immigrants only? Legal immigrants too? Some hesitancy but, okay

#3 Nuts! All legally employed immigrants will have a legal status. If they are unemployeed and ill we must treat them -- then do we send them home?

#4 Nuts multiplied. Immigration status to citizenship status should stay tough. We should do some things like Canada does

4. I don't agree. I also think that will light a fire under foreigners with skill. There might not be merit with that, but I stand on it until it can be proven otherwise.
Thanks Dante!
You want the government involved in rental agreements? Too crazy. Better yet, why don't neighbors tar and feather bad landlords?

You mean EMTALA? Amend it to where it only applies to citizens. Unless you think Washington doesn't really want to fix the immigration problem? :eek:
Paul Ryan has promised his right wingers in Congress to not to try and fix immigration
Paul also announced a chamber fr commerce lobbyist will be his chief of staff. Explains a lot!!
Mr Ryan is a fraud. Oh, he didn't really want the Speaker's job!

what a crock-o-shit :rofl:
Agreed!!!

Thanks Dante!
You want the government involved in rental agreements? Too crazy. Better yet, why don't neighbors tar and feather bad landlords?
Requiring e-verify for renting is that big of a deal?

Requiring e-verify for renting is that big of a deal?
Yes and no. But then all subsidized rentals in America require proof of immigration status as do most state benefits. I worked in teh social service area for a short period of time, but knew others who worked there their whole lives.

It is the social workers and outreach workers who scam the system most (like I said about the VA) . They find ways for clients and potential clients to scam the system and get into the system. This I KNOW from EXPERIENCE to be factual

3's unconstitutional, but other than that I could be ok with it.

I mean ok, I'm not in favor of letting people rot in the streets, but why are the others unconstitutional? If they can't pas muster with e-verify, then they can't work here legally, so, they won't pay taxes... but I have to pay to educate their children, in their native language? Uh uh.. no way.

They don't. The last two Presidents had a majority congress at their disposal, neither one did squat. Yammer about it all you want. SSDD. Personally I'm pro ENFORCE THE LAWS ON THE BOOKS.

Until that takes place what leads anyone to believe new ones will make a shit ?

I've said for a long time, if we would penalize ALL employers with heavy fines, and jail time, most of the invasion would eventually end.

KKK Joins Immigration Debate With Calls for "Corpses" on the Border

That Klan reaching out to African Americans? It reads like a GD Onion article. :eek-52:

“We’re starting to see the whites and African-Americans waking up to this illegal immigration problem,” Jones said. “We’re starting to reach out more to the African-American community and talk to them about the same issues, and they’re agreeing with the Klan that illegal immigration needs to stop.”

First, I would like to thank you for putting a proposed solution on the table.

Second, I would like to point out that most immigrants, legal and illegal, come here to find work, not to live on welfare. They come here to support their families. They have the same dreams and hopes and aspirations as every other mother and father on the planet.

Third, immigrants are over-represented in entrepreneurial startups in America. While a lot of immigrants "take jobs Americans don't want", many of them bring very valuable skills, and we should encourage that kind of immigration. Those who are here on visas to attend our universities should be encouraged to stay after they graduate. At the very least, they should be made to feel welcome while they are here so they go back to their home countries as goodwill ambassadors for America.

Fourth, you are going to get a lot of shit from some of the rabid dogs for number 4, but not from me. :)

You're right, G5000. I cannot speak for all immigrants but the immigrants coming from Mexico are very hard working people. They come here for work to support their families and to send money back home to their parents, grandparents, cousins, those in need. I would venture to say they have a better work ethic than most Americans do. I have never met a Mexican person who wanted to collect welfare and stay at home! Ever.

The problem is that no one is about to fine any employer for hiring illegals. Obamacare provided a loophole that affords a $3.000.00 incentive per illegal employee hired. This loophole is well known and is costing Americans jobs. Any employer is a fool not to hire an illegal alien over your kids or mine or even us for that matter. Congress is aware of the loophole but the Republicans have already stated that they will not do anything more concerning Obamacare while the President is in office. Burn Me Sanders and Hillary support subsidized Obamacare coverage for illegals as does the Democrats in Congress. This loophole is here to stay and will continue to penalize American job seekers.

Really your kidding. You can hire an illegal as long as that illegal does not make over 3 grand, and we have to send 1099's out for anything over $600.

Last edited:

Second, I would like to point out that most immigrants, legal and illegal, come here to find work, not to live on welfare. They come here to support their families. They have the same dreams and hopes and aspirations as every other mother and father on the planet.

Third, immigrants are over-represented in entrepreneurial startups in America. While a lot of immigrants "take jobs Americans don't want", many of them bring very valuable skills, and we should encourage that kind of immigration. Those who are here on visas to attend our universities should be encouraged to stay after they graduate. At the very least, they should be made to feel welcome while they are here so they go back to their home countries as goodwill ambassadors for America.

Fourth, you are going to get a lot of shit from some of the rabid dogs for number 4, but not from me. :)

You're right, G5000. I cannot speak for all immigrants but the immigrants coming from Mexico are very hard working people. They come here for work to support their families and to send money back home to their parents, grandparents, cousins, those in need. I would venture to say they have a better work ethic than most Americans do. I have never met a Mexican person who wanted to collect welfare and stay at home! Ever.

Mexicans collecting welfare is a RW talking point and anti social program rant RW's are famous for. Workers from Mexico want to make as much $$ as they can, not sit on their ass and whine like the dolts on this board.

That Klan reaching out to African Americans? It reads like a GD Onion article. :eek-52:

“We’re starting to see the whites and African-Americans waking up to this illegal immigration problem,” Jones said. “We’re starting to reach out more to the African-American community and talk to them about the same issues, and they’re agreeing with the Klan that illegal immigration needs to stop.”

150px-KKK.svg.png

The Ku Klux Klan (KKK), or simply "the Klan", is the name of three distinct past and present movements in the United States that have advocated extremist reactionary currents such as white supremacy, white nationalism, and anti-immigration, historically expressed through terrorism aimed at groups or individuals whom they opposed.[6] The first organization sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South during the Reconstruction Era, especially by using violence against African American leaders. With numerous chapters across the South, it was suppressed around 1871, through federal enforcement. The second group was founded in 1915 and after 1921 it rapidly expanded into a very large nationwide organization. It opposed Catholics and Jews, especially newer immigrants. The current manifestation consists of numerous small unconnected groups that use the KKK name. All three movements have called for the purification of American society, and all are considered right wing extremist organizations.[7][8][9][10]

I don't give a fuck how hard a worker someone is, if they sneaked in and they are here illegally, they should be sent right back where they came from !

Forum List

Back