To all you calling BS on the Trump indictment…

I understand what the statute of limitations is. What I’m asking is how you know it applies here when you haven’t seen the charges?
What he will be charged with is not going to be a Class A offense, or Terrorism. After that it, all falls into
the Statute of Limitations having run its course..
It's not rocket science. Just show some honesty and
connect some dots here.

Haha. I don’t think I could fabricate a more fascist statement. Well done comrade

you're missing the actual charges and evidence behind the charges that the grand jury used to decide to indict. I know I know, Minor details…. But somewhat important don’t you think?!
So tell us liar, what crimes did he do? You bastards act like you know everything so tell us.

What he will be charged with is not going to be a Class A offense, or Terrorism. After that it, all falls into
connect some dots here.
Well if that’s the case then it will be easily dismissed. Right?

But right now you’re simply assuming to know what the charges are… which you don’t

On the contrary I haven’t predetermined anything except for the fact that there was enough evidence of crimes to convince a grand jury to indict….
No. You “agree” that there was evidence of crimes which should saftisfy a f fair grand jury. You don’t know it to be true. So, you are indeed assuming the very thing you wish was true.
But you keep making excuses and judging the situation you know nothing about
Again. You’re deluded. I haven’t made any excuses and unlike you, I do know some things about this. So does the Wall Steet Journal: Trump Hush-Money Case Will Likely Hinge on Evidence of Coverup — The Wall Street Journal

It is perfectly possible to suss out the nature of the likely charges (or at least a couple of them). I do also speculate, based on an as yet unconfirmed report, that if there are a host of other charges, that they might be related to tax “crimes.”

You know he was arguing on your side right?! Damn you’re stupid
Stating a fact does not make me stupid. No one here knows what actually happened, only what some talking head told them. So spew some more lies.

Not knowing what actually was done is why I don't comment on it, your lying ass should try it.

connect some dots here.
BUUUUUT, it hasn't.

New York's Criminal Procedure Law establishes that the statute of limitations is two years for misdemeanors and five years for felonies, barring exceptions for certain heinous crimes like rape or murder.

While it is not public knowledge exactly which charges Trump faces, it is expected that all charges are either non-violent felonies or misdemeanors, meaning that unless DA Bragg's office is able to indict Trump for a crime that took place in March of 2018 or later, Trump's alleged crimes are barred from prosecution under the statute of limitations.

Now, New York law does identify a couple of ways to stop the statute of limitations clock. If the defendant was continuously outside New York state or if the defendant's whereabouts were "continuously unknown and continuously unascertainable by the exercise of reasonable diligence," then the clock is tolled.

While Trump's whereabouts were pretty much continuously known since the alleged payment to Stormy Daniels was made, as president, Trump was primarily living in Washington D.C. and spent considerable time in Florida as well.

Bragg and his office will no doubt argue that Trump was outside New York's prosecutorial jurisdiction for years following his alleged crime, and therefore the clock should have been stopped.

Well if that’s the case then it will be easily dismissed. Right?

But right now you’re simply assuming to know what the charges are… which you don’t
Yeah, it should be dismissed in a legitimate court of law. Bragg should know better,
but he ran on getting Trump, it was his number one priority, as a matter of fact.
It's not about the law, it's about politics, which should be bothersome to all of us.
A party trying taking out a political opponent by weaponizing the legal system?
Wow! Didn't think that would happen in our country.

Yeah, it should be dismissed in a legitimate court of law. Bragg should know better,
but he ran on getting Trump, it was his number one priority, as a matter of fact.
It's not about the law, it's about politics, which should be bothersome to all of us.
A party trying taking out a political opponent by weaponizing the legal system?
Wow! Didn't think that would happen in our country.
Sure it did.

'Where are all of the arrests?': Trump demands Barr lock up ...​

1680369923491.png
Politico
https://www.politico.com › news › 2020/10/07 › trum...

Oct 7, 2020 — Donald Trump mounted an overnight Twitter blitz demanding to jail his political enemies and call out allies he says are failing to arrest ...

BUUUUUT, it hasn't.

New York's Criminal Procedure Law establishes that the statute of limitations is two years for misdemeanors and five years for felonies, barring exceptions for certain heinous crimes like rape or murder.

While it is not public knowledge exactly which charges Trump faces, it is expected that all charges are either non-violent felonies or misdemeanors, meaning that unless DA Bragg's office is able to indict Trump for a crime that took place in March of 2018 or later, Trump's alleged crimes are barred from prosecution under the statute of limitations.

Now, New York law does identify a couple of ways to stop the statute of limitations clock. If the defendant was continuously outside New York state or if the defendant's whereabouts were "continuously unknown and continuously unascertainable by the exercise of reasonable diligence," then the clock is tolled.

While Trump's whereabouts were pretty much continuously known since the alleged payment to Stormy Daniels was made, as president, Trump was primarily living in Washington D.C. and spent considerable time in Florida as well.

Bragg and his office will no doubt argue that Trump was outside New York's prosecutorial jurisdiction for years following his alleged crime, and therefore the clock should have been stopped.
Yeah, run with that one.
Only a brain dead moron, or a political stooge would buy into that, Smokin' OP.
The event happened in 2016.
The feds and state officials did not pursue. Now that Trump is running for the presidency, it has become an issue.
That sounds more like common sense than what Fat Alvin is trying to sell.

Yeah, run with that one.
The feds and state officials did not pursue. Now that Trump is running for the presidency, it has become an issue.
The feds can’t indict the president. The FEC is too politically corrupt to pursue the obvious role Trump played in this.

BUUUUUT, it hasn't.

really? I doubt you know what is going on

It’s true. The FEC went after AMI for illegal campaign contributions when they paid of McDougal but the committee didn’t have the votes to pursue Trump in the matter.

Which means the Republicans on the committee shut it down to cover up for Trump.

Yeah, run with that one.
actually, Bragg started the investigation/hearings with the Grand Jury BEFORE Trump announced any candidacy.

Forum List

Back