To all you calling BS on the Trump indictment…

are we still talking about the hush money, my god, do we have a letter saying it is not hush money?
IDK. I know Cohen was convicted in federal court and went to federal prison for his participation in the same event.
For acting at the request of and for the direct benefit of “ individual1”. AKA, DJT.

What are you talking about?

My Review Of The Actual Trump Indictment

Here's the indictment.
Don't bother reading it, as it is just 34 counts repeating "FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE," with no details.

Here is the NY penal code allegedly violated...
§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree
when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit
another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

SECTION 175.00 Definitions of terms
2. "Business record" means any writing or article, including computer
data or a computer program, kept or maintained by an enterprise for the
purpose of evidencing or reflecting its condition or activity.

Here is the statement of facts.

Basically, Trump paid others to settle cases (some seemingly true, some clearly false) in order to limit damaging releases prior to the election. Then he reimbursed them.

These seem like legal services to me.

Trump paid off lots of people. He even paid off the Trump Tower doorman who made a false claim that Trump had fathered a child out of wedlock, for $30,000.

The National Enquirer wanted payment of $150,000 to NOT publish a story by a woman claiming an affair with Trump. The deal never went through.

The indictment even mentions the well-known "grab her by the [genitals]" quote, which seems to be included only to influence female members of the jury. Bragg indicates that this fact is included because Trump was concerned about bad press with females, and another female (Stormy) was ready to claim an affair with Trump.

Cohen paid off Stormy, and Trump reimbursed Cohen a total of $420,000 to make him whole (taxes, another case, $60,000 bonus). There are handwritten notes as evidence of this.

The case seems to be based primarily on the following allegations...
  • The Trump Organization Controller marked the paid invoices with general ledger code “51505” for legal expenses. These invoices are business records.
  • The payments were made for a legal retainer, and Bragg claims no retainer existed. Can a retainer not be agreed upon verbally? Note that it was the Trump Org controller, not Trump, who said to record the payments as "retainers" and post the payments to "legal expenses."
  • The Trump Org Accounts Payable marked the checks "Retainer."
  • Trump personally signed the checks, $420,000 in total to Cohen.

Much of the case is clearly based upon testimony by admitted liar Michael Cohen who admitted trying to influence the election.

Bragg says this was done in order to influence the 2016 presidential election. Oh, the irony.

Not seeing much celebration from the demented LEFT over their "victory" today.
It's funny how they cite "optics" like denying protection for the Capitol on J/6.....

But, what happened today shatters the "optics" of a functioning Judicial System; the "optics" of such they are oblivious to.

This INJUSTICE is HISTORIC.

I'll quote Peter Gabriel.
"This time, you've gone too far.
This Time, you've gone too far.
This time you've gone too far."

Alvin Bragg's "novel legal theory" should get him disbarred, and charged with election interference.
What a Clown Show!
:rolleyes:
So weak.

Everyone understands the weight of 34 felony counts.

Why don’t you?

34 felony counts.

What are the odds that he escapes them all?
They are all the same alleged crime, basically. Signing multiple checks marked "retainer" and similar.

Nothing burger, and the odds are the same for one as all.

Regards,
Jim

It's 34 counts of falsifying business records. The indictment is online now.
Excellent! Now I can have an objective talk with all who withheld their judgments. All those who have been calling it BS prior to seeing it can’t be taken seriously

Excellent! Now I can have an objective talk with all who withheld their judgments. All those who have been calling it BS prior to seeing it can’t be taken seriously
Whatever. I kind of doubt how “objective“ the discussion will be.

????
How many cases is his office prosecuting?
How does that compare to prior years?
Is there a scale, or a comparative you wish to offer the forum?
It would help the forum put your assertion into a context.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so?
But if a crime has been committed and there is compelling evidence that the prosecutors feel is sufficient enough to convince a jury.....well, shouldn't he be prosecuted for this 'crime'? No man is above the law, right?

And if he is found guilty.....then fine him or jail him as per the precedents an the law.

IMHO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patience, Grasshopper.
I don't believe the prosecutor need lay out his entire case at this early stage. The office's indictments laid down the marker, they informed the defendant, they give notice of some of what they feel can be proved to a jury or a judge. Let the cake bake.
Let the cake bake.
Indeed.

Do a seasoning check as is necessary.

Thanks for the decent link.
Here is the biggest takeaway from it.

"The Clinton campaign and DNC had argued that the payments had been described accurately, but agreed, according to the documents, to settle without conceding to avoid further legal costs.

The Clinton campaign agreed to a civil penalty of $8,000 and the DNC $105,000, according to a pair of conciliatory agreements that were attached to the letter sent to the Coolidge Reagan Foundation."

Notice the word "civil"....as opposed to "felony?"
That is where your weak attempt at whataboutism falls appart here.
Trump's crimes rise to the level of felony because there are multiple layers of crimes committed to conceal otger crimes.
Similair to tge obstruction of justice felony he is soon going to be charged with in his mishandling of classified documents case.
When that comes out you MAGAt Trumptards will no doubt be nattering about "b-b-but what about Joe Biden's classified docs in the garage by his Corvette?"
Not the same thing though.
Biden hasn't obstructed justice in the matter.
Trump has.
ty

The problem being they surround the same thing. If you knock one down they likely all fall.

And if you don’t get a conviction it only strengthens his position.
Not true in any way. They are individual counts.
Individual transactions with individual concerns. The only unifying idea is that they were all done as part of an election strategy which is the easiest thing to prove.

Forum List

Back