To Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Greens

Iustitia

Rookie
Nov 23, 2013
I'm curious, what federal departments and independent agencies do you support abolishing? This is not a trick question.

I'm curious, what federal departments and independent agencies do you support abolishing? This is not a trick question.

African Development Foundation
Agency for International Development
Agricultural Marketing Service
Alabama Home Page
Alabama State, County, and City Websites
Alaska Home Page
Alaska State, County, and City Websites
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (Treasury)
American Battle Monuments Commission
American Forces Information Service
American Samoa Home Page
Appalachian Regional Commission
Architect of the Capitol
Arctic Research Commission
Arizona Home Page
Arizona State, County, and City Websites
Arkansas Home Page
Arkansas State, County, and City Websites
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee

And that is just in the A's
A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (A) | USA.gov

Let us go on to the B's

Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program
Bonneville Power Administration
Botanic Garden
Broadcasting Board of Governors
Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
Bureau of Industry and Security
Bureau of International Labor Affairs
Bureau of Justice Statistics
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
Bureau of Reclamation
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement
Bureau of Transportation Statistics

First, check which ones aren't explicitly authorized to the Fed govt by the Constitution.

Then... DON'T ABOLISH ANY of the ones that aren't.

Devolve them to the states instead. And let them pay for them.

Then, if the states think some (or all) of them are worth keeping, they can certainly keep them going.

As for the rest..... :D

Let us go on to the B's

Botanic Garden
Bureau of Reclamation

The bolded needs to stay.
It is one of the important parts of the Feds

Let us go on to the B's

Botanic Garden
Bureau of Reclamation

The bolded needs to stay.
It is one of the important parts of the Feds
Well. except for the fact that we have redundant agencies dealing with immigration, naturalization, etc.. Keep that one, get rid of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.. or vice versa

Well. except for the fact that we have redundant agencies dealing with immigration, naturalization, etc.. Keep that one, get rid of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.. or vice versa

No, we do not.
I have actually to praise the system - since I have gone through it myself and my whole family did, since it was changed from the INS it has greatly improved and streamlined.

Immigration is a federal issue and it needs to have the department for that. Otherwise it would be chaos.
Contrary to the general uninformed or ill-informed by the media average American, the ones who have actually dealt with the system do not think it is "broken", "dysfunctional" and all other stupidities which are spewed around because the matter has been politicized by the left.

Customs is a separate issue from immigration and naturalization and it can be a part of the USCIS.

Way too many departments of the Federal government to cover in one post. The responsibilities of the Fed should only be defense, border control, I support the FDA after being reformed, and passing laws. These executive orders that create so many Offices and Departments should just be done with. Department if Justice? Give me a break those guys are called Judges.

. (Insert image of Dredd here ;p)

No, we do not.
I have actually to praise the system - since I have gone through it myself and my whole family did, since it was changed from the INS it has greatly improved and streamlined.

Immigration is a federal issue and it needs to have the department for that. Otherwise it would be chaos.
Contrary to the general uninformed or ill-informed by the media average American, the ones who have actually dealt with the system do not think it is "broken", "dysfunctional" and all other stupidities which are spewed around because the matter has been politicized by the left.

Customs is a separate issue from immigration and naturalization and it can be a part of the USCIS.

Immigration, customs, and border patrol are indeed federal issues.. but those jobs are not only in multiple departments and agencies, but they have bits and pieces of each spread throughout multiple departments and agencies.. there is no need for such a thing or such red tape

The process you went thru may be more streamlined.. but that does not change the fact that it is spread throughout multiple agencies

You want separate agencies over customs, and immigration/naturalization.. fine with me.. you just don't get to keep spreading into more agencies and then re-mix parts of each piecemeal.. it is indeed a trick our overbloated government has used quite often

Last edited:
Biggest ones:
EPA
NSA
OSHA
Department of Commerce
Department of Energy
Department of Education
The Interior
(Possibly Department of Transportation)

No, we do not.

Immigration, customs, and border patrol are indeed federal issues.. but those jobs are not only in multiple departments and agencies, but they have bits and pieces of each spread throughout multiple departments and agencies.. there is no need for such a thing or such red tape

The process you went thru may be more streamlined.. but that does not change the fact that it is spread throughout multiple agencies

You want separate agencies over customs, and immigration/naturalization.. fine with me.. you just don't get to keep spreading into more agencies and then re-mix parts of each piecemeal.. it is indeed a trick our overbloated government has used quite often

well, the waste can be cut, that is for sure.
My point was that the Immigration and Naturalization along with Customs and Borders is a federal issue and should remain one.

Department of Homeland Security.
NSA.

That's about it.

Of course security and law enforcement are things you would want to get rid of.. while the redistribution system stays intact...

typical

Department of Homeland Security is the result of the Patriot Act. It creates a whole lot of redundancies and expense that we did not have before. It also ascribes brand new powers to the government.

The NSA answers to no one. They audit themselves. And their sole purpose seems to be to spy on Americans. No one is really sure why they exist.

Funny you support this shit.

Department of Homeland Security.
NSA.

That's about it.

Of course security and law enforcement are things you would want to get rid of.. while the redistribution system stays intact...

typical

Department of Homeland Security is the result of the Patriot Act. It creates a whole lot of redundancies and expense that we did not have before. It also ascribes brand new powers to the government.

The NSA answers to no one. They audit themselves. And their sole purpose seems to be to spy on Americans. No one is really sure why they exist.

Funny you support this shit.

not sure what caused it but after INS became the part of DHS it became one of the most efficient agencies which deals with private people.
Contrary to the horror it was before.

Forum List

Back