Trump abandons plan to host G7 summit at his Miami golf course after criticism

Um, because he has divested himself from his business, and doesn't even take the Presidential salary...Or were you unaware?

He did not divest himself from his business, who told you that lie?

He put his business into a trust, a trust he is the sole trustee of.

All he did was turn over the day to day decision making to his kids...nothing else. He still owns it all and gets all the profits.

Nothing illegal, or unconstitutional about that...The Congress holds the power to interpret that, so tell me if you are so sure that foreign governments are having undue influence concerning the use of Trump properties, then why hasn't the congress at least passed legislation on the matter?

How about Bedminster, NJ? That's where President Trump likes to spend his summers?

Why are you so determined to have it at a property owned by Trump? Your subservience to Trump is startling to witness.

I don't give a shit where they have it...BUT, Doral is a world class venue...Why shouldn't they have it there?

The same reason they would not hold an Ag conference at a placed owned by Sonny Perdue

The same reason they would not hold an education conference at a building owned by Betsy DeVos

Trump doesn't OWN Doral....His corporation, from which he is divested of, does..

Trump's financial disclosure statement shows that he retained ownership of Trump National Doral

OK, so? The statement Mulvaney released, also said that the property at Doral would be doing this "at cost", and "not benefiting from the event."

Sounds like you are just trying to create another scandal that isn't there.

Um, because he has divested himself from his business, and doesn't even take the Presidential salary...Or were you unaware?

He did not divest himself from his business, who told you that lie?

He put his business into a trust, a trust he is the sole trustee of.

All he did was turn over the day to day decision making to his kids...nothing else. He still owns it all and gets all the profits.

But President Trump has pledged that there will be no profit in this for him.

Now, I know you don't believe it.

But if you can actually prove it, then you will have a talking point in the next election

Nothing offered to a partisan would be taken as proof, so why even ask for it?

why are you so determined we dont??

Because if it were anyone else in the government doing it, it would be illegal and I think Trump should be held to the same rules as those he is in charge of as the head of the Executive Branch.

Why should Trump be above the law?

Ive seen no laws against it,,,

and the hypocrisy of you leftists on officials profiting from their office amazing,,,

here is the law against it....

18 U.S. Code § 208 - Acts affecting a personal financial interest

Ok, now explain how you think that applies here.

What Trump did is illegal and should be investigated.

If you plan a murder or bank robbery and don't carry it out, it's still illegal.

If you plan a murder or bank robbery and don't carry it out, it's still illegal.
thinking about something isnt illegal or every leftist in the country would be in jail for wanting to kill trump

Trump ditches hosting G7 summit at his golf course

US President Donald Trump has abandoned plans to host next year's G7 summit at one of his resorts in Florida after bipartisan criticism.

In a series of late tweets, Mr Trump said he was reversing the idea because of "crazed and irrational hostility" by Democrats and the media.

Critics said the plan was evidence of Mr Trump using the office for personal gain, which the White House denied.

Mr Trump said the presidential retreat at Camp David could host the G7 summit.

Trump acts more like a King than an elected leader. In the UK we have laws against this sort of abuse. I suspect that you do as well.
Lol
Who gives a fucking shit, Globalism only appeals to fuck ups

I suppose they’ll have it at a shit hole like camp David.... lol

thinking about something isnt illegal or every leftist in the country would be in jail for wanting to kill trump
So basically what you are saying is that if you have a credible plan to kill the POTUS, with weapons and plans and all, the FBI would never visit you.

You are an idiot.

So basically what you are saying is that if you have a credible plan to kill the POTUS, with weapons and plans and all, the FBI would never visit you.

You are an idiot.
Progressives do want to kill Trump, just look at their behavior. Lol

You are an idiot.
Send your info to the FBI. I'm sure they'd want the proof that you have.

You are an idiot.
in this country its not illegal to think ,,,not sure what the laws are in your country

That implies holding an "at cost" government function at one of Trump's holdings is illegal.
How "illegal" were political functions at the Bush Crawford ranch?

You are an idiot.
TDS
You obviously suffer from it… You should get that looked at. Lol

You are an idiot.
TDS
You obviously suffer from it… You should get that looked at. Lol
You have it much worse. You have Trump Paranoia Syndrome. You think everyone is out to kill Trump.

but no one has shown he will profit from it,,,

why not let it happen and then prove he profited from it then you might really have something to impeach him on instead of this made up russian crap

Wow, if that is not the logic of a cult member, I do not know what would be....

as I have stated 1000 times, I do not want him impeached...why are you people so fucking slow on the uptake?

OK, so? The statement Mulvaney released, also said that the property at Doral would be doing this "at cost", and "not benefiting from the event."

Sounds like you are just trying to create another scandal that isn't there.

And since the government said it was true, you believe it...right? :113:

but no one has shown he will profit from it,,,

why not let it happen and then prove he profited from it then you might really have something to impeach him on instead of this made up russian crap

Wow, if that is not the logic of a cult member, I do not know what would be....

as I have stated 1000 times, I do not want him impeached...why are you people so fucking slow on the uptake?

but then again you do lie a lot,,,

Emoluments Clause
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

He was going to profit ?
Yes.

That implies holding an "at cost" government function at one of Trump's holdings is illegal.
How "illegal" were political functions at the Bush Crawford ranch?

The Bush Crawford ranch is not a for profit business, it was paid nothing for holding the meetings.

Forum List

Back