Trump abandons plan to host G7 summit at his Miami golf course after criticism

Do you know how a site for this is arrived at?

None of us know how they arrived at the Doral since it was done in secret and they would not even say what other places were considered.

How about Bedminster, NJ? That's where President Trump likes to spend his summers?

Why are you so determined to have it at a property owned by Trump? Your subservience to Trump is startling to witness.

why are you so determined we dont??

your hatred and severe case of TDS seems to be your driving force instead of logic and common sense,,

None of us know how they arrived at the Doral since it was done in secret and they would not even say what other places were considered.

Oh, so you admit that

1. you don't have a clue as to how the arrived at Doral, but because it's a Trump branded property, it must be TRUUUUUUUMP!

2. that there were other places considered....

Well, then I would say in today's climate, that your complaint is BS...

How about Bedminster, NJ? That's where President Trump likes to spend his summers?

Why are you so determined to have it at a property owned by Trump? Your subservience to Trump is startling to witness.

I don't give a shit where they have it...BUT, Doral is a world class venue...Why shouldn't they have it there?

Trump ditches hosting G7 summit at his golf course

US President Donald Trump has abandoned plans to host next year's G7 summit at one of his resorts in Florida after bipartisan criticism.

In a series of late tweets, Mr Trump said he was reversing the idea because of "crazed and irrational hostility" by Democrats and the media.

Critics said the plan was evidence of Mr Trump using the office for personal gain, which the White House denied.

Mr Trump said the presidential retreat at Camp David could host the G7 summit.

Trump acts more like a King than an elected leader. In the UK we have laws against this sort of abuse. I suspect that you do as well.
This country has become all about optics. Again, why do you care? You’re not American.

FIne, then. Why not have the event in Vegas at one of Sheldon Adelson's properties?

That works.

I don't give a shit where they have it...BUT, Doral is a world class venue...Why shouldn't they have it there?

The same reason they would not hold an Ag conference at a placed owned by Sonny Perdue

The same reason they would not hold an education conference at a building owned by Betsy DeVos

your post is both idiotic and mean-spirited. Trump is reacting to what is merely
THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY

If Trump gave a fuck about the APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY, he never would have told his Chief of Staff to pick his resort in the first place. Trump backed down because too many from his own party called bullshit on this move.

"Mulvaney said that ten possible sites were considered and that Trump “doesn’t profit from being here, he has no interest in profiting from being here.”

While Doral was not the only option for the June summit, it was the best option, Mulvaney told reporters. He said the location will save the United States “millions” of dollars."

Trump Doral resort to host G-7 summit — sparking yet another ethics fight for the White House

What were the other sites? Did Mulvaney say what the other 10 were? Or did you just take his word for it?

No, I don't know the other sites, nor do I care...They didn't make the cut...But I see, we must at all times consider that Trump, and anyone around him are lying all the time...That's irrational...While at the same time no one was ever supposed to question Obama, less they be labeled a racist....pfft....GFOH!

And how would Trump not profit from a group that size at his resort during the dead season?

Um, because he has divested himself from his business, and doesn't even take the Presidential salary...Or were you unaware?

FIne, then. Why not have the event in Vegas at one of Sheldon Adelson's properties?

We don't know that wasn't considered...I am not on the board that makes that decission...

Because if it were anyone else in the government doing it, it would be illegal and I think Trump should be held to the same rules as those he is in charge of as the head of the Executive Branch.

Why should Trump be above the law?

We don't know that wasn't considered...I am not on the board that makes that decission...

What was being considered should be public knowledge, there is no reason for the list to be secret. Whatever happened to transparency?

The same reason they would not hold an Ag conference at a placed owned by Sonny Perdue

The same reason they would not hold an education conference at a building owned by Betsy DeVos

Trump doesn't OWN Doral....His corporation, from which he is divested of, does..

Um, because he has divested himself from his business, and doesn't even take the Presidential salary...Or were you unaware?

He did not divest himself from his business, who told you that lie?

He put his business into a trust, a trust he is the sole trustee of.

All he did was turn over the day to day decision making to his kids...nothing else. He still owns it all and gets all the profits.

What was being considered should be public knowledge, there is no reason for the list to be secret. Whatever happened to transparency?

Transparency? You want transparency? laughable while you support the coup!

Trump doesn't OWN Doral....His corporation, from which he is divested of, does..

Trump's financial disclosure statement shows that he retained ownership of Trump National Doral

He did not divest himself from his business, who told you that lie?

He put his business into a trust, a trust he is the sole trustee of.

All he did was turn over the day to day decision making to his kids...nothing else. He still owns it all and gets all the profits.

But President Trump has pledged that there will be no profit in this for him.

Now, I know you don't believe it.

But if you can actually prove it, then you will have a talking point in the next election

Because if it were anyone else in the government doing it, it would be illegal and I think Trump should be held to the same rules as those he is in charge of as the head of the Executive Branch.

Ive seen no laws against it,,,

and the hypocrisy of you leftists on officials profiting from their office amazing,,,

Transparency? You want transparency? laughable while you support the coup!

What coup did I support?

I have been against any and all impeachment talk and actions since the day I came to this forum. (and well before that). I have stated multiple times on this forum that an impeachment of Trump for any of the current ideas would do irreparable damage to this country.

I said from day one of the Mueller investigation that I did not think that Trump did anything illegal.

and the hypocrisy of you leftists on officials profiting from their office amazing,,,

here is the law against it....

18 U.S. Code § 208 - Acts affecting a personal financial interest

But President Trump has pledged that there will be no profit in this for him.

Now, I know you don't believe it.

But if you can actually prove it, then you will have a talking point in the next election

How will we know if he profited from it without seeing his tax returns?

But, since that will not happen we will never know now will we. I know that for you "because he said so" is the same a "because God said so", but not all of us are that gullible.

here is the law against it....

18 U.S. Code § 208 - Acts affecting a personal financial interest

but no one has shown he will profit from it,,,

why not let it happen and then prove he profited from it then you might really have something to impeach him on instead of this made up russian crap

Forum List

Back