Trump acts like a child while everyone else stands for the anthem

Let’s assume that’s true although I haven’t seen that data. When did the reversal happen? When did the lower income people’s income growth overtake everyone else’s? The chart in Washington Post looks like 2015.

I think it might have a lot to do with the 4.7% unemployment rate when Trump took office.

I just want to give credit where credit is due. So far I haven’t seen much evidence of the impact of Trump’s policies.

I doubt that this is the first period of low unemployment that we have had since the early 70s.
No, of course not. And when looking back over the last few decades, there’s nothing particularly special about our wage growth currently.

It's been a while since lower end workers have been getting more increases than upper.

Do you have the data that shows this?

All the reports seem to be behind pay walls.

Wages rising: The US economy is now working best for lower-wage workers | American Enterprise Institute - AEI

"Over 2018, wage growth in low-wage industries was 4.4%, while in middle- and high-wage industries it didn’t top 3%. Put another way: low-wage workers are likely the ones who are seeing the benefits of accelerating wage growth. A tighter labor market seems to be putting particular pressure on the lower-paid end."

031319indeed.jpg

I don’t know. I have my doubts as to whether this is unprecedented in decades, at least I’ll I see the data.

From the graph above, it looks like low wage workers had better wage growth since at least 2016. Should we give Trump credit for that too?

I doubt that this is the first period of low unemployment that we have had since the early 70s.
No, of course not. And when looking back over the last few decades, there’s nothing particularly special about our wage growth currently.

It's been a while since lower end workers have been getting more increases than upper.

Wages rising: The US economy is now working best for lower-wage workers | American Enterprise Institute - AEI

"Over 2018, wage growth in low-wage industries was 4.4%, while in middle- and high-wage industries it didn’t top 3%. Put another way: low-wage workers are likely the ones who are seeing the benefits of accelerating wage growth. A tighter labor market seems to be putting particular pressure on the lower-paid end."

031319indeed.jpg

I don’t know. I have my doubts as to whether this is unprecedented in decades, at least I’ll I see the data.

From the graph above, it looks like low wage workers had better wage growth since at least 2016. Should we give Trump credit for that too?

I did hear some very interesting reports from local manufacturers, getting a lot of business or at least calls, from over seas companies trying to positions themselves to avoid possible tariffs, right after the election.

THe impact of the polices could have been, in effect, telegraphed by companies anticipating them.

031319indeed.jpg

I did hear some very interesting reports from local manufacturers, getting a lot of business or at least calls, from over seas companies trying to positions themselves to avoid possible tariffs, right after the election.

THe impact of the polices could have been, in effect, telegraphed by companies anticipating them.

At the beginning of 2016? No one anticipated Trump winning. Hard to believe that the data from early 2016 (or even 2015) is attributable to him. That’s quite a stretch.

031319indeed.jpg

At the beginning of 2016? No one anticipated Trump winning. Hard to believe that the data from early 2016 (or even 2015) is attributable to him. That’s quite a stretch.

Well, what do you think of the sharp hook at the end?

031319indeed.jpg

Sub 4% unemployment and increasing minimum wages. But it’s a guess. If we had more data could make a better assessment.

031319indeed.jpg

Sub 4% unemployment and increasing minimum wages. But it’s a guess. If we had more data could make a better assessment.

What if the underlying trend continues once the economic cycle ends?

Who knows?

Who knows?

Come on, that would be very telling.

Who knows?

It would be but who has time to speculate when we can’t hardly figure out what’s driving the current situation.

Who knows?

It would be but who has time to speculate when we can’t hardly figure out what’s driving the current situation.

Looking ahead, and going out on a limb, can be educational.

If you are confronted with a reality that you did not expect, you have to face that, instead of getting weaselly.

Depends on what you mean by fringe I guess, but if you spend any time online, you’d see that white supremacist ideology has either grown or been unmasked.

Judging reality from what you see online, is a good way to be wrong.

And my question stands. Why do you WANT this to be true?

I disagree. People are afraid to openly admit to harboring white supremacist ideologies. Online, they are free to express their ideology. The internet provides a valuable insight to this. It pops up openly from time to time. Sometimes very obvious:

White supremacist Coast Guard officer sentenced to 13 years in prison

Sometimes more subtle:
Rio Arriba County sheriff flashes controversial hand gesture

Sometimes violently:
El Paso Walmart Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty

Who said I want it to be true? I think it is true and the truth doesn’t care what I want or don’t want.

Sure. The very, very few who hold such ideologies are afraid to admit it in real life and thus they spend a lot of time online, creating the illusion that they are more numerous than they really are.

YOu look at any numbers in real life, and they are vanishingly small. David Duke, when he ran for Presidency, got .04 % of the national vote.

Why do you want this to be true?
And when he ran for a state House seat as a Republican, he got elected.

So, you are admitting that his showing in the national election is proof of how the white supremacists are a pathetic fringe of no importance?

Because that is the implication of beginning your response with "and".

YOu are implicitly agreeing to what you are responding to.
Because he launched his campaign as a Democrat and few Democrats vote for racists and few Republicans vote for Democrats. And by that time, he fooled no one by running third party.

Bluster and hyperbole are a good euphemism for lying. Plenty of people believed his lies as well.

I think there’s plenty of Trump supporters who did vote for him based on the economy. (Just ask Azog) The perception that Obama’s economy was dismal almost certainly had an effect and was basically totally fabricated.

1. Bluster and hyperbole are not euphemisms for lying.

2. The economy was not working, and has not been working for workers, for a long time. Trade was not an Obama issue, but a bigger issue than him. Immigration was not an Obama issue, but a bigger issue than him.
Bluster and hyperbole are euphemisms to excuse his behavior. Saying real unemployment is 42% is not hyperbole. It’s a lie.
The economy was working for people. Jobs were increasing. Unemployment was down. Wages were rising. There is no fundamental difference between the economy then and now.

Saying the economy wasn’t a fundamental campaign issue is pure revisionism.

1. Making a point about the number of people not working vs the official unemployment number is valid. Calculating a new number from that, and saying that that is the "real" unemployment number is not a lie. If he had calculated that number and presented it, without explaining what it was, that would have been a lie.

2.How versed are you on the wage stagnation issue?
"Making a point about the number of people not working vs the official unemployment number is valid."

If that were true, Impeached Trump would be saying that now.

Also, suggesting the unemployment rate was as high as 42% is not making a point of his that many people are not working, it's a lie. The unemployment rate is based on how many people want to work but are not. Including everyone not working by choice and claiming they're driving the unemployment rate up is a lie.

LOL!!!! You are hilariously lacking in self awareness.

You are claiming that the fact that a politician made an accusation before he took office, and then did not apply the same rules once he took office, proves that it was a lie before.

When it is obvious that it is completely possible that he was telling the truth before and now does not want to admit any shortcomings on his watch.

IRONICALLY, by your own delusional and unfair standard of what constitutes a "lie", this omission on you part, makes YOU A LIAR TOO.

Except that no one calls you on it, because everyone knows that libs like you, just say shit, and don't mean shit by it.

Oddly similar to the hyperbole that Trump does. Except that you demand to be taken seriously, and you are far, far meaner.
"You are claiming that the fact that a politician made an accusation before he took office, and then did not apply the same rules once he took office, proves that it was a lie before."

LOL

You're such an imbecile, you probably do think that's what I said.
icon_rolleyes.gif

No, dumbfuck, I didn't say his lie was applying it under Obama but not himself. I said it's a lie because the unemployment rate measures the percentage of unemployed (by BLS definition) folks who don't have a job while he lied and said that figure was 42%. 42% was some other figure, not the unemployment rate.

I also pointed out his hypocrisy for using that 42% metric for Obama but not himself.

Savvy?

"IRONICALLY, by your own delusional and unfair standard of what constitutes a "lie", this omission on you part, makes YOU A LIAR TOO."

Oh? I'm a liar because you couldn't understand what I said? You're delirious.

He also explicitly said his father was born in Germany. Again and again he repeated it.

So yes, we are all being lied to. The only difference is which one of us will admit it.

Yet, you libs and media are not saying that he lied or was wrong when he said that there were good people on both sides there.

Instead they LIED AND ARE STILL LYING about what he said.

Are you claiming he lied when he said "not white supremacists" or are you lying and claiming he did not say that?

It has to be one or the other.

Actually it's you lying. I've never claimed Rump said "good people". He said "very fine" people. And yes he was clearly. that is, clearly to everybody not swimming in the toxic soup of self-delusion, walking back his earlier rational egalitarian criticism and playing footsie with the Klannic/fascist element. That's exactly why he got into so much heated controversy, for making excuses for the Nazi element......

He did no such thing.

To support your poisonous accusation all you have is a tweet from David Duke. What you need to suport your vicious smear, is an action from the President. Which you have none.

AND, this is what this is about. So that when the President is discussed, people like you have a very vicious smear to spread.

THe media lied. There is no way around it.

Are you claiming he lied when he said "not white supremacists" or are you lying and claiming he did not say that?

Now then. What did the media "lie" about here? I mean the whole thing is on frickin' videotape.

Are you really so twisted, that you cannot see that those positions are mutually contradictory?

If he "LIED" as you claim, when he said he was NOT speaking of white supremacists,

then he did not EXPLICITLY state, that nazis are "very fine people".

Meanwhile, in the real world, he was quite clear that he was not speaking of the white supremacists, and explicitly condemned them.

That you cite the tape, to support your delusions, is incredible.
There was no one else at that rally for the right by racists. It was a rally to unite the alt-right.

"very fine people..."

Sieg Heils.jpg

Judging reality from what you see online, is a good way to be wrong.

And my question stands. Why do you WANT this to be true?

I disagree. People are afraid to openly admit to harboring white supremacist ideologies. Online, they are free to express their ideology. The internet provides a valuable insight to this. It pops up openly from time to time. Sometimes very obvious:

Sometimes more subtle:

Sometimes violently:

Who said I want it to be true? I think it is true and the truth doesn’t care what I want or don’t want.

Sure. The very, very few who hold such ideologies are afraid to admit it in real life and thus they spend a lot of time online, creating the illusion that they are more numerous than they really are.

YOu look at any numbers in real life, and they are vanishingly small. David Duke, when he ran for Presidency, got .04 % of the national vote.

So, you are admitting that his showing in the national election is proof of how the white supremacists are a pathetic fringe of no importance?

Because he launched his campaign as a Democrat and few Democrats vote for racists and few Republicans vote for Democrats. And by that time, he fooled no one by running third party.

Weak ass claim. Once he was outed as a white supremacist he ran as both democrat and a republican and third party, and always got next to nothing.

Once he was well known to the voters, he ran and he got .04 % of the vote.

That is, like I said, a pathetic fringe movement of no power.

IT is not credible that Trump would even WANT to work for their support, of .04% of the vote.

The primary impact of these people, is that they give people like you, something to smear good people with.

YOur denial of these obvious facts, is not credible.

Let’s assume that’s true although I haven’t seen that data. When did the reversal happen? When did the lower income people’s income growth overtake everyone else’s? The chart in Washington Post looks like 2015.

I think it might have a lot to do with the 4.7% unemployment rate when Trump took office.

I just want to give credit where credit is due. So far I haven’t seen much evidence of the impact of Trump’s policies.

031319indeed.jpg
Thanks for showing the biggest beneficiaries were among minimum wage earners who got a boost thanks to Liberals raising the minimum wage.

:dance:

Sometimes more subtle:

Sometimes violently:

Weak ass claim. Once he was outed as a white supremacist he ran as both democrat and a republican and third party, and always got next to nothing.

Once he was well known to the voters, he ran and he got .04 % of the vote.

That is, like I said, a pathetic fringe movement of no power.

IT is not credible that Trump would even WANT to work for their support, of .04% of the vote.

The primary impact of these people, is that they give people like you, something to smear good people with.

YOur denial of these obvious facts, is not credible.
LOLOL

He won his election when he switched to the Republican party.

Hey stupidfuck. The whole metro area is considered KC. The state line runs right through the city. There are more season ticket holders from Overland Park KS than the entire Missouri side. So, yes, Kansas City fans on the Kansas side do, indeed, need to be congratulated.

Hey stupid.....................Kansas City KS and Kansas City MO, while they share the same name, they are two totally separate cities and are separately incorporated from each other. Matter of fact, the KC metro area includes more towns than just Kansas City MO or Kansas City KS.
No one is saying they are the same city dumbfuck it's just pogo didn't realize some of Kansas City was in Kansas

Hey Little Retarded Rebecca................hate to tell you but if a city is incorporated separately from another city, even if they have the same name, they are totally different cities. No, "some of Kansas City was in Kansas" is an incorrect statement. Kansas City MO is completely separate from Kansas City KS.

1. Bluster and hyperbole are not euphemisms for lying.

2. The economy was not working, and has not been working for workers, for a long time. Trade was not an Obama issue, but a bigger issue than him. Immigration was not an Obama issue, but a bigger issue than him.
Bluster and hyperbole are euphemisms to excuse his behavior. Saying real unemployment is 42% is not hyperbole. It’s a lie.
The economy was working for people. Jobs were increasing. Unemployment was down. Wages were rising. There is no fundamental difference between the economy then and now.

Saying the economy wasn’t a fundamental campaign issue is pure revisionism.

1. Making a point about the number of people not working vs the official unemployment number is valid. Calculating a new number from that, and saying that that is the "real" unemployment number is not a lie. If he had calculated that number and presented it, without explaining what it was, that would have been a lie.

2.How versed are you on the wage stagnation issue?
"Making a point about the number of people not working vs the official unemployment number is valid."

If that were true, Impeached Trump would be saying that now.

Also, suggesting the unemployment rate was as high as 42% is not making a point of his that many people are not working, it's a lie. The unemployment rate is based on how many people want to work but are not. Including everyone not working by choice and claiming they're driving the unemployment rate up is a lie.

LOL!!!! You are hilariously lacking in self awareness.

You are claiming that the fact that a politician made an accusation before he took office, and then did not apply the same rules once he took office, proves that it was a lie before.

When it is obvious that it is completely possible that he was telling the truth before and now does not want to admit any shortcomings on his watch.

IRONICALLY, by your own delusional and unfair standard of what constitutes a "lie", this omission on you part, makes YOU A LIAR TOO.

Except that no one calls you on it, because everyone knows that libs like you, just say shit, and don't mean shit by it.

Oddly similar to the hyperbole that Trump does. Except that you demand to be taken seriously, and you are far, far meaner.
"You are claiming that the fact that a politician made an accusation before he took office, and then did not apply the same rules once he took office, proves that it was a lie before."

LOL

You're such an imbecile, you probably do think that's what I said.
icon_rolleyes.gif

No, dumbfuck, I didn't say his lie was applying it under Obama but not himself. I said it's a lie because the unemployment rate measures the percentage of unemployed (by BLS definition) folks who don't have a job while he lied and said that figure was 42%. 42% was some other figure, not the unemployment rate.

I also pointed out his hypocrisy for using that 42% metric for Obama but not himself.

Savvy?

"IRONICALLY, by your own delusional and unfair standard of what constitutes a "lie", this omission on you part, makes YOU A LIAR TOO."

Oh? I'm a liar because you couldn't understand what I said? You're delirious.

Yeah, we covered that. And I made my response.

YOu are kind of all over the place. You want to try to make your point a little more clearly?

Yet, you libs and media are not saying that he lied or was wrong when he said that there were good people on both sides there.

Instead they LIED AND ARE STILL LYING about what he said.

Actually it's you lying. I've never claimed Rump said "good people". He said "very fine" people. And yes he was clearly. that is, clearly to everybody not swimming in the toxic soup of self-delusion, walking back his earlier rational egalitarian criticism and playing footsie with the Klannic/fascist element. That's exactly why he got into so much heated controversy, for making excuses for the Nazi element......

He did no such thing.

To support your poisonous accusation all you have is a tweet from David Duke. What you need to suport your vicious smear, is an action from the President. Which you have none.

AND, this is what this is about. So that when the President is discussed, people like you have a very vicious smear to spread.

THe media lied. There is no way around it.

Now then. What did the media "lie" about here? I mean the whole thing is on frickin' videotape.

Are you really so twisted, that you cannot see that those positions are mutually contradictory?

If he "LIED" as you claim, when he said he was NOT speaking of white supremacists,

then he did not EXPLICITLY state, that nazis are "very fine people".

Meanwhile, in the real world, he was quite clear that he was not speaking of the white supremacists, and explicitly condemned them.

That you cite the tape, to support your delusions, is incredible.
There was no one else at that rally for the right by racists. It was a rally to unite the alt-right.

"very fine people..."

Sieg Heils.jpg

My belief, and Trump's is that there were other people there at other times, who were not racist.

If we are wrong about that, so what?

What does matter, is that when you say that Trump is saying that "racists" are very fine people, you are knowingly and purposefully lying.

YOu are the lying asshole here, while AT WORST, me and Trump could have made an unimportant mistake about who was at the rally.

Trump might be bad at knowing who is at political rallies. Wow. Who the fuck cares about that? Why are you having a hissy fit about that?

Hey stupidfuck. The whole metro area is considered KC. The state line runs right through the city. There are more season ticket holders from Overland Park KS than the entire Missouri side. So, yes, Kansas City fans on the Kansas side do, indeed, need to be congratulated.

Hey stupid.....................Kansas City KS and Kansas City MO, while they share the same name, they are two totally separate cities and are separately incorporated from each other. Matter of fact, the KC metro area includes more towns than just Kansas City MO or Kansas City KS.
No one is saying they are the same city dumbfuck it's just pogo didn't realize some of Kansas City was in Kansas

Hey Little Retarded Rebecca................hate to tell you but if a city is incorporated separately from another city, even if they have the same name, they are totally different cities. No, "some of Kansas City was in Kansas" is an incorrect statement. Kansas City MO is completely separate from Kansas City KS.
The lengths these rubes go to in order to defend their master is hilarious.

Forum List

Back