🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Announces Plan To Gut Education, Eliminate 490,000 Teacher Jobs

Tragic especially given the great students the education system is currently turning out why anyone would want to change things is mind boggling.

T-rump says he loves the uneducated so he will make sure there are more of them

• 8 million students every year would lose Pell grants
  • 490,000 or more teacher positions could be eliminated $1.3 trillion in student loans would be at risk
  • 9 million low-income students would lose $15 billion of Title I funding annually
  • 5 million children and students with disabilities would lose $12.7 billion used every year to ensure that they receive a quality education
  • 750,000 or more students from military families, Native American students, students living in U.S. territories, and students living on federal property or Native American lands would lose $1.1 billion per year for their school
  • 4,000 or more rural school districts would lose more than $175 million used annually to help improve the quality of teaching and learning in many hard-to-staff schools
  • $700 million used by states to support the 5 million English language learners currently in public schools—representing close to 10 percent of all students—would be cut.’
Other factors that would go by the wayside are the federal guarantees of equality in “race, income, language, and disability” in public education. A recent CBO [Congressional Budget Office] report indicated:

BREAKING: Trump Announces Plan To Gut Education, Eliminate 490,000 Teacher Jobs (DETAILS)

Great news. They're just giving out A's and trophies for nothing anyway, so why have all those unnecessary employees around just to do that???

Do you honestly think that's all teacher's do.
Oldest teaches in NC, father was a teacher,they don't do that,and work hard.
Poor bastards work 10 months a year and retire at 40.
How do they do it?
Don't bother, there are plenty of teachers in my town and they're ALL comfortably retired.

• 490,000 or more teacher positions could be eliminated $1.3 trillion in student loans would be at risk
  • 9 million low-income students would lose $15 billion of Title I funding annually
  • 5 million children and students with disabilities would lose $12.7 billion used every year to ensure that they receive a quality education
  • 750,000 or more students from military families, Native American students, students living in U.S. territories, and students living on federal property or Native American lands would lose $1.1 billion per year for their school
  • 4,000 or more rural school districts would lose more than $175 million used annually to help improve the quality of teaching and learning in many hard-to-staff schools
  • $700 million used by states to support the 5 million English language learners currently in public schools—representing close to 10 percent of all students—would be cut.’
Other factors that would go by the wayside are the federal guarantees of equality in “race, income, language, and disability” in public education. A recent CBO [Congressional Budget Office] report indicated:

BREAKING: Trump Announces Plan To Gut Education, Eliminate 490,000 Teacher Jobs (DETAILS)

Great news. They're just giving out A's and trophies for nothing anyway, so why have all those unnecessary employees around just to do that???

How do they do it?
Don't bother, there are plenty of teachers in my town and they're ALL comfortably retired.

Retire at 40? Lol. I wish.

I am a teacher and I can tell you I will not be retiring at 40. I'll be lucky if I can retire at 60.

Many teachers are working two jobs nowadays just to make it by.

How do they do it?

Retire at 40? Lol. I wish.

I am a teacher and I can tell you I will not be retiring at 40. I'll be lucky if I can retire at 60.

Many teachers are working two jobs nowadays just to make it by.

Move.

Plenty of evidence on grade inflation to back it up, so yes, it is indeed all many of them do. They're even falsifying test results to cover their asses, as we all also know.

You can find crooks in any profession. But it doesn't mean you just throw away all the apples because of one bad one.

And maybe if schools would give teachers decent salaries in the first place that kind of thing wouldn't happen. Many districts only give teachers raises and bonuses if their students get high marks which is ridiculous.

We're the only nation in the world with such policies for teachers.

Firstly, paying teachers a higher salary would motivate them to become a better teacher.
The way you become a better teacher is to be better educated yourself. Paying them more won't solve that problem.

Secondly, adults may learn English before coming to America but their kids obviously will speak the language spoken at home. You can't expect a 6 year old to know English before immigrating to America with their parents. ESL helps children to better their language skills so they can integrate more into society.
Maybe if the adult parents who are coming to America learned English BEFORE they came here, they could teach it to their kids so their kids would be able to fucking learn something instead of just looking at the teacher and wondering WTF they're saying! Ever think of that???

Dad always worked two jobs daughter finds temp job for the summer.

Yep they are liven the high life.

Firstly, paying teachers a higher salary would motivate them to become a better teacher.
The way you become a better teacher is to be better educated yourself. Paying them more won't solve that problem.

Secondly, adults may learn English before coming to America but their kids obviously will speak the language spoken at home. You can't expect a 6 year old to know English before immigrating to America with their parents. ESL helps children to better their language skills so they can integrate more into society.
Maybe if the adult parents who are coming to America learned English BEFORE they came here, they could teach it to their kids so their kids would be able to fucking learn something instead of just looking at the teacher and wondering WTF they're saying! Ever think of that???

How is someone who just learned English going to teach someone else how to speak English. And like I said you cannot expect a 6 year old to be proficient in English. It takes time for them to become fluent in English.

I've taught ESL children before and they need to a trained teacher to become proficient in English. The way children learn language is different from how adults learn.

Wow that is such good news.

Bring back low paid, low skilled manufacturing jobs, get rid of education for the poorer people so they can do the low skilled, low paid manufacturing jobs and soon Trump will have the US like Vietnam.
No. Bring back well paid manufacturing jobs so that we can get rid of over educated idiots flipping burgers for their whole life.

And what's wrong with vietnam? They get granted 10 acres of land from the government on their wedding.

This thread is dominated by fools, fools who never attended a four year college or U. Some seem to have never completed the 8th grade, given their use of our language in the written form, and the lack of reason in their mostly emotional posts, They are an embarrassment to all Americans, imagine someone from Western Europe who speaks two or three languages reading a post from CrusaderFrank, Willow Tree, Indeependent or chicken wing, and others like them who reflect poorly on Education in America.

How is someone who just learned English going to teach someone else how to speak English. And like I said you cannot expect a 6 year old to be proficient in English. It takes time for them to become fluent in English.

I've taught ESL children before and they need to a trained teacher to become proficient in English. The way children learn language is different from how adults learn.
Are you kidding me? We can teach our kids anything else, why can't we teach them how to speak a language we already know? You have the mentality of a public school teacher and you illustrate perfectly what is wrong with our educational system. You have no idea how to teach.

To be fair to Trump, this is something any republican presidential nominee would advocate, not just Trump.

Indeed, this nightmare isn’t something Trump dreamed up on his own, ‘privatizing’ education has been a long-standing republican/libertarian goal: to predicate the quality of one’s education on his income, or his parent’s income, where the poor and low income go without an education.

Wow that is such good news.

Bring back low paid, low skilled manufacturing jobs, get rid of education for the poorer people so they can do the low skilled, low paid manufacturing jobs and soon Trump will have the US like Vietnam.
No. Bring back well paid manufacturing jobs so that we can get rid of over educated idiots flipping burgers for their whole life.

And what's wrong with vietnam? They get granted 10 acres of land from the government on their wedding.

Well paid manufacturing jobs. What level of education do you need for well paid manufacturing jobs in 2016 (as opposed to 1950)?

BMW Group

I found this job for BMW. Let's see the skills (it's in German).

Here's google translate's version

"
qualification

blue.gif

- University degree in computer science.
- Experience in the automotive, telecommunication and IT sector.
- Practical experience in software development with expertise in at least one object-oriented language (C #, C ++, Java), scripting languages (Python, etc.) and operating systems (Android, iOS).
- Experience in app development.
- Experience with Headup Units and Security.
- Knowledge of Scrum and debugging.
As you move with the BMW Group in an international environment, we place great emphasis on fluent English and good knowledge of German. You should have a keen interest in technology trends and have a good sense of new business. An independent and structured way of working, we assume, as analytical and conceptual thinking and the ability to recognize complex relationships. Your strong communication skills set like a in a multicultural environment and convince internal and external process partners in negotiations and presentations. International experience, strong mobility and willingness to travel is of course for you. A high degree of personal responsibility completes your profile.
The first building block for your career in the BMW Group: Send us now your unsolicited application for a full or part time employment in this field of competence vehicle IT. "

You don't get to go to university and do Computer Science with a piss poor education. Also you need to have good language abilities, German and English, so for a German student English here is going to be essential, but then most Germans can speak English well because they study well and have good schools.

This is the sort of manufacturing that the US should be looking at, producing high tech, high quality. The US has the strongest economy in the world, it's not China, it's not Vietnam, it shouldn't be producing crap. It has the money to spend of education, it should be educating students to a level where many of them will be taking these high tech jobs.

Instead Trump wants shit jobs with shit pay.

You can't get a tech job with a degree in human sexuality, transgender studies in pre Colombian south America, the fashion of Kanye West or the religion of hip hop.

Forum List

Back