Trump CRUCIFIES media for investigating Scott Walker's college record after giving Obama a pass

Actually, as an eyewitness, her statement is 'proof'.

While all you have to support your claim is well- you- who have no first hand knowledge about anything.

Show me the legal standard that says testimony of an "eyewitness" is "proof."

And not only is she by her own account a completely incompetent fact checker, which her employer apparently didn't care about, her testimony leaves a huge gaping hole in her story. Who is the original birther? Who wrote that Obama was born in Kenya and handed it to the inept professional fact checker who couldn't successfully fact check a blurb? Was it Meriam? Was it aliens? Was there one birther? Or was there a second birther? What say you?

Why do you think that any of us would know where that statement came from?

Hmm...who said Obama was born in Kenya ?

I am not a Birther- so I don't rely upon lies, speculation or innuendo.

What we know is that the editor of the article said it was her mistake- anything beyond that is speculation or a lie or an innuendo.

The editor of the biographical text about Barack Obama which was included in the booklet maintained that the mention of Kenya was an error on her part and was not based on any information provided to her by Obama himself:
Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Read more at snopes.com Promotional Booklet

Who made the mistake? Who took a blank piece of paper and with no information wrote down the author ... was born in Kenya?

And just for fun:

Publications that mention Barack Obama's place of Birth

New York Times,February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Columbia Today, Fall 1990- Obama born in Hawaii

Obscure promotional pamphlet says Obama born in Kenya- 1991

Chicago Magazine, January 1993- circulation 165,000- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, Feb 10, 1993- 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times,August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

"Dreams from My Father" 1995- millions of copies sold - Obama born in Hawaii

Barack Obama State Senate Webpage, October 1, 1999 - Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, January 22, 2003- 15,190 - Obama born in Hawaii

Time Magazine,June 24, 2004- circulation 3,276.882 - Obama born in Hawaii

Don't forget his publishers blurb, 1991, Obama born in Kenya

And just for fun:

New York Times,February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times,August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

I highlighted it in red- I know it tends to disappear in the sea of publications that refer to Obama's place of birth as Hawaii.

And just for fun:

What we know is that the editor of the article said it was her mistake- anything beyond that is speculation or a lie or an innuendo.

The editor of the biographical text about Barack Obama which was included in the booklet maintained that the mention of Kenya was an error on her part and was not based on any information provided to her by Obama himself:
Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Who made the mistake? Who took a blank piece of paper and with no information wrote down the author ... was born in Kenya?

While all you have to support your claim is well- you- who have no first hand knowledge about anything.

And not only is she by her own account a completely incompetent fact checker, which her employer apparently didn't care about, her testimony leaves a huge gaping hole in her story. Who is the original birther? Who wrote that Obama was born in Kenya and handed it to the inept professional fact checker who couldn't successfully fact check a blurb? Was it Meriam? Was it aliens? Was there one birther? Or was there a second birther? What say you?

What I have said consistantly

I am not a Birther- so I don't rely upon speculation, innuendo or lies.

What are the facts as we know them?

a) In publications starting in 1990 and going through the present day, President Obama's place of birth is referred to as Hawaii.
b) In 1991 a brochure was printed out, and Barack Obama was one of 20 or so authors or aspiring authors described in the brochure, and the brochure said he was born in Kenya.
c) In 2011 Breitbart found the pamphlet and published it.
d) The editor of the brochure said that the reference was her error- and that Obama never said he was born in Kenya.

Her statement would be admissable evidence in a court.

Your speculation would be just what it is- speculation pulled out of your ass.

And just for fun:

I highlighted it in red- I know it tends to disappear in the sea of publications that refer to Obama's place of birth as Hawaii.

And just for fun:

You can't rule out Obama telling those publications he was born in Hawaii at the time when he was actually born in Kenya.

Going back to the beginning:

KAZ: Wow you're stupid. None of us said Obama was born in Kenya, we said Obama was the first to say he was. Again, literacy,

Me: You said Obama was the first to say he was born in Kenya, but Obama never said he was born in Kenya.

KAZ: It was his autobiography, Buckwheat, no one makes up where someone is born.

Me: His autobiography. which was not published until 1995- said he was born in Hawaii.

Like I said- Obama never said he was born in Kenya in any autobiography.

You just lied.

I never said he said it "in" his autobiography, you just lied

KAZ: Wow you're stupid. None of us said Obama was born in Kenya, we said Obama was the first to say he was. Again, literacy,

Me: You said Obama was the first to say he was born in Kenya, but Obama never said he was born in Kenya.

KAZ: It was his autobiography, Buckwheat, no one makes up where someone is born.

Me: His autobiography. which was not published until 1995- said he was born in Hawaii.

Here let me break this down even further for you

KAZ:
None of us said Obama was born in Kenya,
we said Obama was the first to say he was...It was his autobiography, Buckwheat, no one makes up where someone is born.

Exactly, Obama was the original Birther. And he lied when he said it. He was born in Hawaii. He's a pretentious liar and a moron and if a Republican did that you people would never shut up about it.
Not to belabor the point, but until you can prove Obama said that, you are still lying by claiming he did. And whether you're capable of comprehending this or not .... not getting an answer to a question that no one here can answer (including you) does not in any way constitute proof.

You keep ignoring the really GLARING question.
Who was the first person to provide the statement "was born in Kenya"?
Surely Obama wouldn't say he was born in Kenya. Someone said that so the blurb was printed with that statement.
View attachment 36885
Just simply tell us who said it first?
Acton & Dystel said it first.

And just for fun:

And just for fun:

You can't rule out Obama telling those publications he was born in Hawaii at the time when he was actually born in Kenya.

I can't rule out that you are a monkey who learned how to type.

Exactly, Obama was the original Birther. And he lied when he said it. He was born in Hawaii. He's a pretentious liar and a moron and if a Republican did that you people would never shut up about it.
Not to belabor the point, but until you can prove Obama said that, you are still lying by claiming he did. And whether you're capable of comprehending this or not .... not getting an answer to a question that no one here can answer (including you) does not in any way constitute proof.

LOL, the flaming hypocrisy, you have no shame. National Guard, Yellow Cake, Halliburton, the ridiculous allegations and assumption of guilt and suddenly this is a standard to you. And Democrats were the original birthers with McCain, Obama was AFTER that. And the McCain one was across your party. Only a few radical nuts say Obama's not legitimately President. I think he was born in Hawaii, I just think he's a pretentious ass who liked the sound of being born in Kenya. And even if he were born in Kenya, his mother was American, he was born and American. I am not questioning the legitimacy of his Presidency, but yeah, Obama is responsible for the fiasco. Meriam gave no explanation other than she was too incompetent to fact check a blurb. And she did not say she made up the Kenya or who did. And no one explained why they used it for 16 years. Yeah, it's on Obama to explain that.
All the deflection in the world will not alter that fact that you are lying when you claim Obama said he was born in Kenya.

a) In publications starting in 1990 and going through the present day, President Obama's place of birth is referred to as Hawaii.
b) In 1991 a brochure was printed out, and Barack Obama was one of 20 or so authors or aspiring authors described in the brochure, and the brochure said he was born in Kenya.
d) The editor of the brochure said that the reference was her error- and that Obama never said he was born in Kenya.

But why "Kenya"? Naturally assume his Dad was Kenyan so Obama born in Kenya.
So why didn't she just say that? I mean it would be so simple and easy to say.."well we naturally assumed his Dad was Kenyan so therefore
Obama was born in Kenya"... that's what I would do. So why doesn't she....unless she was actually told he was born in Kenya.

You just lied.

KAZ:
we said Obama was the first to say he was...It was his autobiography, Buckwheat, no one makes up where someone is born.

No- that would be you lying again.

Obama never said that he was born in Kenya

You just lied about it.

No-that would be you lying again.

You don't know Obama never said he was born in Kenya

You just lied about it
You must be rightarded to invent that twisted logic. The person who wrote it said Obama never conveyed to her that he was born in Kenya. So it is not a lie to state Obama didn't tell her.

Um...thanks for the context, Poindexter.

You keep ragging on that Trump is in the title of the article.

However, I keep pointing out to you that Trump had nothing to do with the part I quoted. He wasn't the source of the information. Did you read the excerpt and the link? Obviously not. The Trump claim was investigated. And they found it to be partially true and partially unsupported. They didn't rubber stamp what he said.

And you call me the dumbest motherfucker? Not anymore, you clearly outdid me in that category.

Actually they called if false

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Donald Trump claims Obama has spent $2 million in legal fees defending lawsuits about his birth certificate

In an interview on NBC's Today show, for example, Trump said Obama "spent $2 million in legal fees trying to get away from this issue." He repeated the figure in a CNN interview on April 10, 2011. "I just say very simply why doesn't he show his birth certificate?" Trump asked. "Why has he spent over $2 million in legal fees to keep this quiet and to keep this silent?"

So that leaves the funds paid to Perkins Coie. Trump's and Palin's claims assume that the vast majority of the money paid to Perkins Coie since the election was used to defend against lawsuits challenging Obama's citizenship. We agree that some amount of money was spent in legal fees related to those lawsuits -- the letter from Bauer to the plaintiff is an example of that. But, while we don't know exactly how much the Obama camp spent on their private lawyers, there were many, many non-birth-certificate duties that a law firm typically handles in the wake of a presidential campaign, which suggests that any birth certificate work was a small percentage of the overall fees paid to Perkins Coie.

When fact-checking, we think the onus is on the person making the claim to back up his statement. And the only backing we've seen in this case is that the Obama campaign's legal team spent more than $2 million on legal fees since the election ended. It's clear to us that the WND story has been twisted to wrongly assume that every dollar the Obama campaign spent on legal fees went to fight the release of Obama's birth certificate. The evidence shows that's simply not true. It's a huge, unsubstantiated leap to assume that all, or most, of that was related to lawsuits about Obama's citizenship. We rule Trump's claim False.

Actually if you read what they wrote and you read what I said, you didn't contradict me

So you agree that Trump's claim was bogus? You agree that Donald's claim:
Donald Trump claims Obama has spent $2 million in legal fees defending lawsuits about his birth certificate

Was false?
rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

In an interview on NBC's Today show, for example, Trump said Obama "spent $2 million in legal fees trying to get away from this issue." He repeated the figure in a CNN interview on April 10, 2011. "I just say very simply why doesn't he show his birth certificate?" Trump asked. "Why has he spent over $2 million in legal fees to keep this quiet and to keep this silent?"

So that leaves the funds paid to Perkins Coie. Trump's and Palin's claims assume that the vast majority of the money paid to Perkins Coie since the election was used to defend against lawsuits challenging Obama's citizenship. We agree that some amount of money was spent in legal fees related to those lawsuits -- the letter from Bauer to the plaintiff is an example of that. But, while we don't know exactly how much the Obama camp spent on their private lawyers, there were many, many non-birth-certificate duties that a law firm typically handles in the wake of a presidential campaign, which suggests that any birth certificate work was a small percentage of the overall fees paid to Perkins Coie.

When fact-checking, we think the onus is on the person making the claim to back up his statement. And the only backing we've seen in this case is that the Obama campaign's legal team spent more than $2 million on legal fees since the election ended. It's clear to us that the WND story has been twisted to wrongly assume that every dollar the Obama campaign spent on legal fees went to fight the release of Obama's birth certificate. The evidence shows that's simply not true. It's a huge, unsubstantiated leap to assume that all, or most, of that was related to lawsuits about Obama's citizenship. We rule Trump's claim False.

So you agree that Trump's claim was bogus? You agree that Donald's claim:

Was false?
rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

If I recall, McCain spent something like $1.5m on legal fees while he too was running for president. Birfers logic dictates McCain spent it proving he was a natural born citizen.

So why didn't she just say that? I mean it would be so simple and easy to say.."well we naturally assumed his Dad was Kenyan so therefore
Obama was born in Kenya"... that's what I would do. So why doesn't she....unless she was actually told he was born in Kenya.
Maybe she was told he was born in Kenya. So what? According to her, that still didn't come from Obama.

Who wrote that he was born in Kenya?

How do you forget to check a fact like that in a ... wait for it ... blurb?

Speculation? Someone wrote that Obama was born in Kenya. You can believe:

1) Someone made it up AND Meriam turned out to be a completely incompetent fact checker who couldn't fact check a ... blurb.

or

2) Obama said he was born in Kenya and no one questioned it.

The second is far more likely

LOL, the flaming hypocrisy, you have no shame. National Guard, Yellow Cake, Halliburton, the ridiculous allegations and assumption of guilt and suddenly this is a standard to you. And Democrats were the original birthers with McCain, Obama was AFTER that. And the McCain one was across your party. Only a few radical nuts say Obama's not legitimately President. I think he was born in Hawaii, I just think he's a pretentious ass who liked the sound of being born in Kenya. And even if he were born in Kenya, his mother was American, he was born and American. I am not questioning the legitimacy of his Presidency, but yeah, Obama is responsible for the fiasco. Meriam gave no explanation other than she was too incompetent to fact check a blurb. And she did not say she made up the Kenya or who did. And no one explained why they used it for 16 years. Yeah, it's on Obama to explain that.
All the deflection in the world will not alter that fact that you are lying when you claim Obama said he was born in Kenya.

This is why liberals hate Christians so much, there can be only one God. Yours is government. Conservative Christians say we all know Jesus is true, if you deny it, you are lying. Liberals are the same with government. We all know that Government is right, if we deny it, we are liars. The inherent truth of liberalism. You are so like Christians it's funny.

KAZ:

No- that would be you lying again.

Obama never said that he was born in Kenya

You just lied about it.

No-that would be you lying again.

You don't know Obama never said he was born in Kenya

You just lied about it
You must be rightarded to invent that twisted logic. The person who wrote it said Obama never conveyed to her that he was born in Kenya. So it is not a lie to state Obama didn't tell her.

And you blindly believe her every word as fact based on what? If she said Obama told her that you'd be shrieking what a liar she is. You only believe her because she said what you wanted to hear.

Maybe she was told he was born in Kenya. So what? According to her, that still didn't come from Obama.

Pointing out the obvious, from what she said Obama could have told someone else who wrote it down and gave it to her. Think about it...

Speculation? Someone wrote that Obama was born in Kenya. You can believe:

1) Someone made it up AND Meriam turned out to be a completely incompetent fact checker who couldn't fact check a ... blurb.

or

2) Obama said he was born in Kenya and no one questioned it.

The second is far more likely
Here, on planet reality, you have no clue of what you speak. Need I remind you, you were earlier [erroneously] claiming that it had something to with his autobiography? Then you flat out falsely claimed he was the source of that misinformation despite your tacit confession since that you lied when you said it. That pretty much renders you among the least qualified person here to determine the most likely source for that mistake.

Forum List

Back