Trump culture

Nope, but it would be nice if you answered my questions there.

No, I think it would be better if we talk about you, and your claim to be unaware of the racist black poster on your side.

THat is far more important.

Why did you hesitate to disavow him? And a lot of people are saying that your disavowal of him was not sincere, but only because you were prompted.

What do you say to that?

Also, I have some other racist posters I would like to have you disavow. More on that later. Have to go.
Sure, okay.

If avoiding my question and changing the subject is easier for you, and helps you blame someone else, we can do that. The lefties play the same game. Peas in pod.

I'm sure the GOP has nothing to worry about.

No blame here. Just an innocent question. Why are you being so defensive?
Blech. Okay, whatever this is, I'm sure you're right.

I didn't make any claim, just asked a completely reasonable question. Why are you getting so angry?

Did I touch a nerve when I asked you to disavow the racist? That's very telling.
You go drama queen when I use the term "last gasp" and then you say this.

I had forgotten what a waste of time it is trying to communicate with you.

Now I remember. Thanks.

No, I think it would be better if we talk about you, and your claim to be unaware of the racist black poster on your side.

THat is far more important.

Why did you hesitate to disavow him? And a lot of people are saying that your disavowal of him was not sincere, but only because you were prompted.

What do you say to that?

Also, I have some other racist posters I would like to have you disavow. More on that later. Have to go.
Sure, okay.

If avoiding my question and changing the subject is easier for you, and helps you blame someone else, we can do that. The lefties play the same game. Peas in pod.

I didn't make any claim, just asked a completely reasonable question. Why are you getting so angry?

Did I touch a nerve when I asked you to disavow the racist? That's very telling.

Now I remember. Thanks.

Actually, I was just trying to give you a tiny, tiny taste of what it is like, to be asked to disavow someone. Like you asked us to do.

Imagine if it was not just me, but dozens of other people, and that it went on for years.

Note how your questions or points were ignored and dismissed, in favor of stupid shit.

THAT'S the game you were recommending we Republicans play in order to appeal to minorities.

That is my point.

Sure, okay.

Now I remember. Thanks.

Actually, I was just trying to give you a tiny, tiny taste of what it is like, to be asked to disavow someone. Like you asked us to do.

Imagine if it was not just me, but dozens of other people, and that it went on for years.

Note how your questions or points were ignored and dismissed, in favor of stupid shit.

THAT'S the game you were recommending we Republicans play in order to appeal to minorities.

That is my point.
Do whatever you'd like, and good luck with that.

Now I remember. Thanks.

That is my point.
The whole disavow crap is just politicized games at this point. Unless a person is associated with an organization that does not want to be represented by that persons actions I don’t see any reason to push for disavowing. Although even in that case it should be apparent that every person has their own unique opinions.

Presidents are held to a bit of a higher standard as they represent our country and the values that our country holds dear and wants to project to the world. Same for the pope and like leaders

Why did America elect Donald Trump as President? His policies did not align with Republican orthodoxy. Republicans have championed free trade. Republicans have championed moral comportment of public personalities. Republicans have championed budgets that reduce the federal deficit.

So something about Trump's personality, his charisma have persuaded Center Right and far right voters. I believe it is the popular culture. That is to say the culture spawned by two regrettable factions in American culture namely reality television and professional wrestling.

In both of these factions, we find similar means of behavior. Sensationalism and violence. Trump's appeal appears to be driven by his off-the-cuff rhetoric that leans on driving fear, suspicion and division. The same rhetoric that drives reality TV and professional wrestling. Alliances to divide one faction from another are the stock and trade of reality RV shows. Trump is a reality TV star and brings that tactic to work every day.

Sensational canard laden rhetoric motivates the fans of reality TV as well as fans of professional wrestling. Most Americans take this with a healthy grain of salt. But to the low brow culture set who admires the fake nature of wrestling and the banal concerns of reality TV shows, sensational rhetoric from the president has appeal of a particularly dangerous quality. Those fans want the same level of behavior on the part of the head of state.

Is it then true that Trump supporters are not sufficiently cosmopolitan to see the hazards of reality TV/WWE behavior on behalf of the leader of our nation! Are we now under the influence of a generation that has forgotten virtues and favor vices?
I agree that Trump ran against ORTHODOXY. Some of his voters were gop mainstream who figured that despite his rhetoric he'd be a typical goper on economic issues and THEY WERE RIGHT. The only bills he gets to sign are McConnell's.

As a result Trump sees that he has to hold his base. He correctly saw in 16 that the US is becoming more populist (not progressive). He has no middle class tax cut, no health care plan, and no wall. What he has is ONE a evangelical base who knows he will never approve a law even touching on compelling behavior they consider an affront and will nominate judges who will repeal Roe in EFFECT (though that may be impossible at least for women with access to private insurance) and a base railing about Hispanic immigration (legal and illegal). His policy is to throw both groups any bone he can find even though the bones won't make any practical difference. He can't end illegal immigration without alienating the McConnell wing.

Why did America elect Donald Trump as President? His policies did not align with Republican orthodoxy. Republicans have championed free trade. Republicans have championed moral comportment of public personalities. Republicans have championed budgets that reduce the federal deficit.

So something about Trump's personality, his charisma have persuaded Center Right and far right voters. I believe it is the popular culture. That is to say the culture spawned by two regrettable factions in American culture namely reality television and professional wrestling.

In both of these factions, we find similar means of behavior. Sensationalism and violence. Trump's appeal appears to be driven by his off-the-cuff rhetoric that leans on driving fear, suspicion and division. The same rhetoric that drives reality TV and professional wrestling. Alliances to divide one faction from another are the stock and trade of reality RV shows. Trump is a reality TV star and brings that tactic to work every day.

Sensational canard laden rhetoric motivates the fans of reality TV as well as fans of professional wrestling. Most Americans take this with a healthy grain of salt. But to the low brow culture set who admires the fake nature of wrestling and the banal concerns of reality TV shows, sensational rhetoric from the president has appeal of a particularly dangerous quality. Those fans want the same level of behavior on the part of the head of state.

Is it then true that Trump supporters are not sufficiently cosmopolitan to see the hazards of reality TV/WWE behavior on behalf of the leader of our nation! Are we now under the influence of a generation that has forgotten virtues and favor vices?

iu.png

Now I remember. Thanks.

That is my point.
The whole disavow crap is just politicized games at this point. Unless a person is associated with an organization that does not want to be represented by that persons actions I don’t see any reason to push for disavowing. Although even in that case it should be apparent that every person has their own unique opinions.

Presidents are held to a bit of a higher standard as they represent our country and the values that our country holds dear and wants to project to the world. Same for the pope and like leaders
I think there is a significant difference between "disavowing" (just a word) and enabling a behavior by ignoring or deflecting for it. That's like these silly forced "apologies" that are offered because they're expected, but not sincere. It's the ongoing behaviors that cause the problems.

No doubt the Dems are thrilled to have the Trumpsters enable the worst elements of the Right by playing these games. They play right into the Left's hands, and then they bitch when it's pointed out. And, of course, the Left does the same thing with PC and Identity Politics.

As I always say, the wingers are killing us. Peas in a pod.

Last edited:

Now I remember. Thanks.

That is my point.

I think there is a significant difference between "disavowing" (just a word) and enabling an behavior by ignoring or deflecting for it. That's like these silly forced "apologies" that are offered because they're expected, but not sincere. It's the ongoing behaviors that cause the problems.

No doubt the Dems are thrilled to have the Trumpsters enable the worst elements of the Right by playing these games. They play right into the Left's hands, and then they bitch when it's pointed out. And, of course, the Left does the same thing with PC and Identity Politics.

As I always say, the wingers are killing us. Peas in a pod.
Well said

Now I remember. Thanks.

That is my point.

I see you see my point. THat conversation was not very rewarding or constructive was it?

Forum List

Back