Trump did his job protecting the US from COVID-19. Look at the numbers not the bullshit

Do you agree that Trump stoppinjg flights from China kept the US infection rate as low as possible?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Otherwise explain why the US has 15x fewer infections than the EU

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
If you add the number of infections for the EU countries and compare that to the US, the EU has about 15x more infections than the US for similar populations. That is because Trump stopped the flights from China as soon as he learned about the potential pandemic. Trump did his job. Now the healthcare professionals in government need to do theirs.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 157,643 Cases and 5,845 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
View attachment 312541

How does that comport with Trump's claim - 27 days later - "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"? Did his subsequent misinformation, minimizing the threat, fit with the restrictions on China flights? Which is not a ban, btw, but an extreme reduction. 30 flights per day continue.
At the time of that speach...........we had 15...........should he have SAID WE HAVE A 1000...

OH YEAH......That will really help.

FACTS...........We didn't become the Epicenter of the virus early ..........EUROPE DID......and didn't ban any flights.......

Thus ends the lesson

How is that "close to zero" working out?

A Hell of a lot better than Europe..........You get your panties in a wad because it was Trump...........Had it been Obama you would have dropped your panties and said..........DO ME...........I LOVE YOU MAN.

This didn't happen in 2009..............Your side of the ISLE IS PATHETIC......using a Virus for political attacks ......and NOTHING MORE.

Europe didn't take those steps.........and their rate exploded........ours didn't YET...........This is about MINIMIZING THE DAMAGE..........and the Travel ban DID THAT.

Is exponential growth here PROBABLE.........YUP..........did the actions buy us time to prepare a little more.........YUP.....

So........he's done what he could WHILE IDIOTS like you play politics with this.

If you add the number of infections for the EU countries and compare that to the US, the EU has about 15x more infections than the US for similar populations. That is because Trump stopped the flights from China as soon as he learned about the potential pandemic. Trump did his job. Now the healthcare professionals in government need to do theirs.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 157,643 Cases and 5,845 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
View attachment 312541
This virus is a flu, not the plague, but it’s transmission is evil genius. Carriers walk around infectious for up to a week without showing any symptoms. The numbers you see now are merely a snapshot, the US bought itself a month with restricting travel from China. You aren’t going to see many cases around you in the next couple of weeks, but it’s growth rate is exponential. Another month or so from now you’ll start to hear about a few acquaintances you know getting it, and a week after that it’ll feel like everyone has it. This will explode and there’s not much to do about it. If you have elderly loved ones, urge them to quarantine themselves from the outside world, buy their groceries for them, leave them outside the door. Also, unless you have an m95 mask, every other mask is useless, y’all look like freaking idiots out there.

PS. Unless you’re elderly or immunocompromised, don’t rush out and buy an m95 mask. We’re short on them in the hospitals, and the idiotic panic from the masses is gonna fuck over the people who need to help the few elderly that corona could be dangerous for. Don’t be a bitch and take the flu on the chin. If doctors, nurses, and hospital staff can’t protect themselves because of the psycho hypochondriacs getting ready for the zombie apocalypse, then they can’t go into work (that work being helping the people who are actually going to need the help). Not you fucks who are trying to prevent getting fever and chills for a few days, even though you’re not going to use the M95 mask correctly.

View attachment 312541

How does that comport with Trump's claim - 27 days later - "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"? Did his subsequent misinformation, minimizing the threat, fit with the restrictions on China flights? Which is not a ban, btw, but an extreme reduction. 30 flights per day continue.
At the time of that speach...........we had 15...........should he have SAID WE HAVE A 1000...

FACTS...........We didn't become the Epicenter of the virus early ..........EUROPE DID......and didn't ban any flights.......

Thus ends the lesson

A Hell of a lot better than Europe..........You get your panties in a wad because it was Trump...........Had it been Obama you would have dropped your panties and said..........DO ME...........I LOVE YOU MAN.

This didn't happen in 2009..............Your side of the ISLE IS PATHETIC......using a Virus for political attacks ......and NOTHING MORE.

Europe didn't take those steps.........and their rate exploded........ours didn't YET...........This is about MINIMIZING THE DAMAGE..........and the Travel ban DID THAT.

Is exponential growth here PROBABLE.........YUP..........did the actions buy us time to prepare a little more.........YUP.....

So........he's done what he could WHILE IDIOTS like you play politics with this.

If I interpret your response correctly, you're saying the "close to zero" didn't work out at all, and you feel like lashing out at me because I mentioned it. Fair enough.

I love how the Trumpkins like to pretend Trump didn't fuck this up.

Trump fucked this up. He ignored science and went right to Racism.

That's exactly the point. You leftists are wrong and Trump is right.
Just look at the fucking numbers. The EU has about 15x more infections because Trump stopped flights from China.
That wasn't racist, that was very smart, and doing his job.

If Trump fucked this up, the US would have 15x more infections than the EU. See the difference??? You're welcome.

COVID 19

Do you libs understand that that means there have been 18 previous outbreaks of this virus? did the entire world go into panic mode for the first 18? WTF

This is a total media hype in an election year.

Who benefits from this fake hype?

1. China
2. democrats
3 TRump hating media
4. Russia

Now, who is hyping this and why?
No Redfish,

the virus's long name is :

corona virus disease 2019

COVID 19

The 19 is for the year it was discovered, and it began in December of 2019, in Wuhan China.

COVID 19

Do you libs understand that that means there have been 18 previous outbreaks of this virus? did the entire world go into panic mode for the first 18? WTF

1. China
2. democrats
3 TRump hating media
4. Russia

Actually I think it represents the DATE...........2019. It started in December or even earlier.....given the numbers in Wuhan maybe even November........

But they have HYPED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF IT.....YUP

A doctor on Fox this morning said it was the 19th outbreak, I assume he knew what he was talking about.

Ok. That answers the question I was going to pose about which right wing media source or alt-right blog did you get this from?
Low information...just like Trump likes em.

View attachment 312541

All I know is that the US is doing way better than the EU.
The EU has 15x more infections because Trump stopped the flights from China early on.
The rest is the CDC getting testing capacity high enough. That is slower than we want, but we're getting there.
So bottom-line assessment, Trump did okay even with his misstatements of fact.

View attachment 312541
Trump was right to cut off travel from China as soon as it was clear how big the pandemic was going to be. He saved American lives and bought time for America to be more prepared as the pandemic developed.

When you realize that the current 1,441 deaths in Italy with a population of 60 million would be the equivalent of 5,900 deaths in the United States instead of the 60 deaths we have had so far, you can see what milder, slower and less aggressive responses might have cost in lives.

COVID 19

1. China
2. democrats
3 TRump hating media
4. Russia

No Redfish,

COVID 19

The 19 is for the year it was discovered, and it began in December of 2019, in Wuhan China.
Aka the Wuhan Virus

Trump was right to cut off travel from China as soon as it was clear how big the pandemic was going to be. He saved American lives and bought time for America to be more prepared as the pandemic developed.
Sorry, it's factually inaccurate to claim the actions Trump took were sufficient to stem the spread of the virus in the US. His general inaction, lack of preparedness, and myopic focus on border security cost lives.

COVID 19

1. China
2. democrats
3 TRump hating media
4. Russia

^what a collossal idiot.

View attachment 312541

Thus ends the lesson

If I interpret your response correctly, you're saying the "close to zero" didn't work out at all, and you feel like lashing out at me because I mentioned it. Fair enough.

Lashing out.........Nice Spin.............Calling you a HYPOCRITE is what I'm doing.

You are playing politics with a virus............and I'M MOCKING YOU FOR IT.

View attachment 312541

Thus ends the lesson

Pedro, close to zero is your IQ.

COVID 19

1. China
2. democrats
3 TRump hating media
4. Russia

No Redfish,

COVID 19

Aka the Wuhan Virus
Too late AZ, it's already been named by the WHO.... on December 31, 2019

And yesterday I found out in The Lancet, the Scientific community has another name for it, something like SARS H7N9, and they are already arguing that the public and the scientific community should not be calling it by different names.... a third option of Wuhan virus would just make the situation worse..... it truly needs to have one name for both the scientific and public communities....and that is already in dispute right now.

View attachment 312541

All I know is that the US is doing way better than the EU.
The EU has 15x more infections because Trump stopped the flights from China early on.
The rest is the CDC getting testing capacity high enough. That is slower than we want, but we're getting there.
So bottom-line assessment, Trump did okay even with his misstatements of fact.

I appreciate your sane response.

Misstatements of fact range from never-helpful to actively harmful, and it's too soon for a bottom-line assessment. I hope for the best, and I assume you do as well.

Let's compare,
Don't know if there was a case in America before Trump took action.
There were 1000 cases of swine flu before Obama took action.
I'd say Trump did a heck of a job.

LIES.

Look dude, you are NOT speaking to an ALL Hannity crowd here.
We know you say the LIE enough times, Fox News viewer will believe anything.
Fox News has done an Outstanding job of repeating lies.

On April 26, 2009, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (the "Secretary") first declared a public health emergency under section 319 of the Public Health Service Act,42 U.S.C. 247d, in response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus. The Secretary has renewed that declaration twice, on July 24,2009, and October 1, 2009. In addition, by rapidly identifying the virus, implementing public health measures, providing guidance for health professionals and the general public, and developing an effective vaccine, we have taken proactive steps to reduce the impact of the pandemic and protect the health of our citizens. As a Nation, we have prepared at all levels of government, and as individuals and communities, taking unprecedented steps to counter the emerging pandemic. Nevertheless, the 2009 H1N1 pandemic continues to evolve. The rates of illness continue to rise rapidly within many communities across the Nation, and the potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health care resources in some localities. Thus, in recognition of the continuing progression of the pandemic, and in further preparation as a Nation, we are taking additional steps to facilitate our response.

Just because you delete or omit it from your FAKE news, doesn't mean that Obama actually "Did Nothing."

Forum List

Back