Trump has 'met his match' after judge slams him with a Monday deadline: ex-prosecutor

I have a better question. Since it is the “government” which is charging a man who is presumed to be innocent, why should that defendant be prohibited from exercising his free speech?
A defense that explains his use of "free speech"....is what a trial is for. Running your mouth, threatening or intimidating witnesses and prosecutors prior to your trial...just makes you look guilty.
Gag orders are issued in high profile cases all the time. But one would think as a defendant with the possibility of going to prison for the rest of your life, you wouldn't want to kneecap your own defense team's....well defense by running your mouth. :)

A defense that explains his use of "free speech"....is what a trial is for. Running your mouth, threatening or intimidating witnesses and prosecutors prior to your trial...just makes you look guilty.
Gag orders are issued in high profile cases all the time. But one would think as a defendant with the possibility of going to prison for the rest of your life, you wouldn't want to kneecap your own defense team's....well defense by running your mouth. :)
Stalin would be so proud of you Leftist shitbags.

As the saga continues..Judge gives the Trump team until Monday to file a response to the US's motion. Included in that response is the specific request to bullet point their objections and propose workable alternatives.
No so good for the Trump crew..as the indications that some sort of order is going to be issued.

A federal judge issued a ruling ordering Donald Trump to respond to a protective order filed by the Justice Department that would block the former president from sharing details of evidence from his Jan. 6 criminal case proceedings.
In a court order filed Saturday afternoon, Judge Tanya Chutkan ruled Trump's legal team must respond to the special counsel's motion by Monday at 5 p.m. The order comes after the DOJ issued a court filing at about 10 p.m. on Friday, calling attention to a message Trump posted on his Truth Social account that prosecutors say raises concerns the former president may improperly share details about his latest criminal proceedings.
If Trump's team seeks to challenge the protective order, which is likely in this case, the former president's lawyers must file a revised version of the order and submit it to Chutkan ahead of the deadline, according to the judge's ruling.
The protective order was filed after Trump posted a message on his Truth Social account, warning, "If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” The missive prompted concerns among prosecutors that Trump would publicly share evidence from special counsel Jack Smith’s criminal case detailing the former president’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.
In the filing, prosecutors pressed Chutkan to issue an order prohibiting any findings related to the case be kept from public view.
“Such a restriction is particularly important in this case because the defendant has previously issued public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys, and others associated with legal matters pending against him,” Senior Assistant Special Counsels Molly Gaston and Thomas Windom wrote in the filing. “And in recent days, regarding this case, the defendant has issued multiple posts—either specifically or by implication—including the following, which the defendant posted just hours ago.”

The filing does not specifically request a gag order against Trump, which would bar him from discussing the case altogether outside the courtroom or with the media. However, prosecutors noted they are set to share a “substantial” amount of evidence with Trump’s team, which they are trying to keep out of public view while criminal proceedings play out.
What does Comrade Smith have to hide?

A defense that explains his use of "free speech"....is what a trial is for.

Wrong. The trial is for the gubmint to prove its allegations IF it can.

The defendant’s use of free speech is what the First Amendment is supposed to guarantee.
Running your mouth, threatening or intimidating witnesses and prosecutors prior to your trial...just makes you look guilty.
Running his mouth is his option. Alone. And he hasn’t threatened anybody.

Plus, of course, the not very special persecutor is worried about his public discussion of alleged “evidence.” Tough shit, Smith. You brought the charges. Feel free to dismiss them.
Gag orders are issued in high profile cases all the time.
Not really. They are sometimes issues. My question is whether it is appropriate to issue one at all against any criminal defendant.
But one would think as a defendant with the possibility of going to prison for the rest of your life, you wouldn't want to kneecap your own defense team's....well defense by running your mouth. :)
That is again a matter for him and his attorneys to discuss. It shouldn’t be the subject of a court gag order.

Last edited:
As the saga continues..Judge gives the Trump team until Monday to file a response to the US's motion. Included in that response is the specific request to bullet point their objections and propose workable alternatives.
No so good for the Trump crew..as the indications that some sort of order is going to be issued.

A federal judge issued a ruling ordering Donald Trump to respond to a protective order filed by the Justice Department that would block the former president from sharing details of evidence from his Jan. 6 criminal case proceedings.
In a court order filed Saturday afternoon, Judge Tanya Chutkan ruled Trump's legal team must respond to the special counsel's motion by Monday at 5 p.m. The order comes after the DOJ issued a court filing at about 10 p.m. on Friday, calling attention to a message Trump posted on his Truth Social account that prosecutors say raises concerns the former president may improperly share details about his latest criminal proceedings.
If Trump's team seeks to challenge the protective order, which is likely in this case, the former president's lawyers must file a revised version of the order and submit it to Chutkan ahead of the deadline, according to the judge's ruling.
The protective order was filed after Trump posted a message on his Truth Social account, warning, "If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” The missive prompted concerns among prosecutors that Trump would publicly share evidence from special counsel Jack Smith’s criminal case detailing the former president’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.
In the filing, prosecutors pressed Chutkan to issue an order prohibiting any findings related to the case be kept from public view.
“Such a restriction is particularly important in this case because the defendant has previously issued public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys, and others associated with legal matters pending against him,” Senior Assistant Special Counsels Molly Gaston and Thomas Windom wrote in the filing. “And in recent days, regarding this case, the defendant has issued multiple posts—either specifically or by implication—including the following, which the defendant posted just hours ago.”

The filing does not specifically request a gag order against Trump, which would bar him from discussing the case altogether outside the courtroom or with the media. However, prosecutors noted they are set to share a “substantial” amount of evidence with Trump’s team, which they are trying to keep out of public view while criminal proceedings play out.
What a surprise, the hand picked Obama loving Trump hating judge is playing hardball. :rolleyes:

You're telling me they didn't have drive thru voting in the 2020 election???
Ok. Texas (of all states) had them. By the looks of it, people yelled and screamed.
But all the votes were certified and counted...and Trump still won the state...by a lot.

I'm not sure what you're concerned about?

Just skimming over the thread and seeing so many of the immediate responses insinuating violence really should illustrate to the casual passer-by that Trump is the centerpiece under which usurpers will set theor table to contend that America is under siege by a disagreeable electorate and therefore must be extinguished from relevance by said usurpers.

Now. Why do they do that?

I'll tell you why.

Because it's the only way that usurpers can sell/justify the usurp.

They need to create that illusion that America is under siege by its electorate, else they can't justify their regressive assault on the Republic's very fabric. They want to set a precedent that anyone who disagrees with them is a violent terrorist.

They're going after your speech rights. You gun rights. They're literally sending the DOJ after anyone who opposes them, including members of congress...parents who disagree with what the education department is doing..anything they can try, they're trying...

It's war on us!

This is their next forever war, folks.

You can disbelieve your lying ears and eyes or not. It is a choice.

But it's just one big, not so clever psy-op, really. And in broad daylight, no less...

Last edited:
LOL Demanding a gag order for your leading political opponent. Realy good look for your guy.

Wrong. The trial is for the gubmint to prove its allegations of it can.

The defendant’s use of free speech is what the First Amendment is supposed to guarantee.

Running his mouth is his option. Alone. And he hasn’t threatened anybody.

Plus, of course, the not very special persecutor is worried about his public discussion of alleged “evidence.” Tough shit, Smith. You brought the charges. Feel free to dismiss them.

Not really. They are sometimes issues. My question is whether it is appropriate to issue one at all against any criminal defendant.

That is again a matter for him and his attorneys to discuss. It shouldn’t be the subject of a court gag order.
And what? Trump's hot lawyer is supposed to sit there and look hot? Not present a defense and expect to be found not guilty...because you think he had the right to free speech??? Cause if that's the case...he's cooked. :)
Again, what are you not getting here. This has NOTHING to do with free speech. There are RECORDS of his ACTIONS in trying to subvert the Constitution and impede the peaceful transition of power. Actual evidence collected. Which will be presented at trial.
It doesn't matter what he BELIEVES. It matter what he DID. And if a jury decides that what he DID, runs against the law.

Yes, if I were the judge, I'd put a gag order on him. If he violates it, a bench warrant for his arrest.

LOL Demanding a gag order for your leading political opponent. Realy good look for your guy.
Do you see Biden asking for a gag order? No, you don't. In fact, the judge so far has not threatened to issue one.

You keep wanting to make this a politically motivated witch hunt. That's not a legal defense. :)

Do you see Biden asking for a gag order? No, you don't. In fact, the judge so far has not threatened to issue one.

You keep wanting to make this a politically motivated witch hunt. That's not a legal defense. :)
Sorry Jack. THat's how the country and he rest of the world sees it. Biden has indicted his leading political opponent, wants to put him in prison for the rest of his life, and is now trying to gag his opponent from even talking about the criminal case Biden has brought against him.

Oh I know quite a bit of what I talk about, fucking Communist shitbag. You and your diseased ilk want to morph MY country into another USSR.
I suggest you take the blue pill. Along with some muscle relaxers and a couple of shots of scotch.
Stop using big words that you have no idea of their meaning.

Sorry Jack. THat's how the country and he rest of the world sees it. Biden has indicted his leading political opponent, wants to put him in prison for the rest of his life, and is now trying to gag his opponent from even talking about the criminal case Biden has brought against him.
An AG appointed a Special Counsel. That Special Counsel delivered the results of his investigation to a grand jury. The grand jury decided to indict the defendant. Not the AG, not the Special Counsel. The grand jury could have told the Special Counsel to get lost if his evidence looked to be made up or politically motivated, or came from his competitor in any way shape or form. But they didn't. Trump is indicted here. Not Biden. And I don't think I've even heard Biden peep once about Trump's legal shellackings. This should be campaign GOLD for Biden. And he's not taking advantage of it. :) Hmm....

And what? Trump's hot lawyer is supposed to sit there and look hot? Not present a defense and expect to be found not guilty...because you think he had the right to free speech???
You’re unhinged. Trump should be able to shout out his innocence at the top of his lungs all day everyday and that still doesn’t preclude any of his lawyers from presenting the defense. Wtf are you even babbling about? Who said it’s an either/or thing?
Cause if that's the case...he's cooked. :)
No worries. Your first thought was just gibberish.
Again, what are you not getting here. This has NOTHING to do with free speech. There are RECORDS of his ACTIONS in trying to subvert the Constitution and impede the peaceful transition of power.
You’re still very confused. If the gubmint has “evidence,” Smith can present it at trial. So what? But your claim is false. There is absolutely zero evidence of Trump even trying to subvert the Constitution or impede the peaceful transfer of power. Those are just the claims. The allegations. The charges. Nothing more.
Actual evidence collected. Which will be presented at trial.
Evidence of what? It certainly isn’t evidence of the claims. But either way, so what? Trump can speak now and at trial and the gubmint can speak at trial, too.
It doesn't matter what he BELIEVES. It matter what he DID.

Wrong. The way it is charged, the government has assumed the burden of proving that Trump lied. So what he believed is absolutely part of what the government now has to prove. Smith is an idiot.
And if a jury decides that what he DID, runs against the law.
Did? Did what! Speak? Challenge the validity of vote counting? Call up officials to have them verify vote counts? Bfd. None of that matters at all, under Smith’s ridiculous indictment, unless Trump believed he had actually lost.
Yes, if I were the judge, I'd put a gag order on him.
On what conceivable legal basis? I suppose you could do that if you abdicated your oath to support the Constitution.
If he violates it, a bench warrant for his arrest.

If he violates whatexactly? Speaking? Is that a violation? Commenting in public about his own case? Why should he be denied free speech?

Threats against prosecutors or judges or witness, etc., of course, ought to be prohibited. He hasn’t made any.

Forum List

Back