🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump: I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!

So Trump is stopping traditional immigration but still allowing migrant workers?

So much for protecting American jobs eh?

I'm all for massively slowing down all immigration but the talking point about protecting jobs pretty much falls flat on my ears.

Why?

(i'm in favor of banning or greatly reducing both)
Because 22 million people are unemployed. Picking fruit might not be glamorous but it would help pay the bills.
IMHO, most American workers aren't physically fit enough for field world. I worked picking fruit and vegetables in Florida many years ago. It's backbreaking work. Also, most of the work is miles away cities and towns which makes transportation a problem. You may find work close by but it never lasts very long, a few days or few weeks at most and then you have to travel to find more work. If you arrive too early you have to wait. If you arrive too late, you're out luck. Most people would make more money off their unemployment.

according to Gallup, 700 million people would like to emigrate from their home country, including 165 million folks who want to come to america

SMH

Linky Blinky?

So Trump is stopping traditional immigration but still allowing migrant workers?

I'm all for massively slowing down all immigration but the talking point about protecting jobs pretty much falls flat on my ears.

Why?

Because 22 million people are unemployed. Picking fruit might not be glamorous but it would help pay the bills.
IMHO, most American workers aren't physically fit enough for field world. I worked picking fruit and vegetables in Florida many years ago. It's backbreaking work. Also, most of the work is miles away cities and towns which makes transportation a problem. You may find work close by but it never lasts very long, a few days or few weeks at most and then you have to travel to find more work. If you arrive too early you have to wait. If you arrive too late, you're out luck. Most people would make more money off their unemployment.
No one is asking educated people to make a career of picking lettuce

but we have enough chronic poor on welfare who are not qualified for anything other than stoop labor to fill our needs

Why?

but we have enough chronic poor on welfare who are not qualified for anything other than stoop labor to fill our needs
I think you would be surprised at how many of these people wouldn't last more than a few hours. Most of the chronic poor in this country are either working in low paid part time or temp jobs, elderly, children, physically or mentally disable, addicted to alcohol or drugs, ect. The idea that there are always job that anyone can qualify for is just bull shit. No employer wants employees that can't or won't do the work. There are qualifications for every job today.

Why?

I think you would be surprised at how many of these people wouldn't last more than a few hours. Most of the chronic poor in this country are either working in low paid part time or temp jobs, elderly, children, physically or mentally disable, addicted to alcohol or drugs, ect. The idea that there are always job that anyone can qualify for is just bull shit. No employer wants employees that can't or won't do the work. There are qualifications for every job today.
I think most welfare bums are capable of working if they get hungry enough

Why?

IMHO, most American workers aren't physically fit enough for field world. I worked picking fruit and vegetables in Florida many years ago It is backbreaking work. Also, most of the work is miles away cities and towns which makes transportation a problem. You may find work close by but it never lasts very long, a few days or few weeks at most and then you have to travel to find more work. Most people would make more money off their unemployment.

Most is irrelevant. Only a small portion of workers are needed for those roles.

Why?

If the job is too hard for the available workforce, then the employer needs to adjust the job.

Why?

I was a part owner in a wholesaling business and we needed a few people for loading and unloading trucks, simple packing and unpacking, etc, no skills required. My business partner was approached by a social worker who was looking for jobs for the homeless and he agreed to hire 3 of them. None of the 3 stayed more than a week. On the first day, one of them was loading a truck and he just decide to leave carrying off a box of tools. I ran after him to stop him and ask what he's doing. He look at me with a vacant stair, said, "I don't know", put the box down and walked off and I never saw him again. The other two just forget to come to work. The social worker said, sometimes they can't remember to go to work or they forget they have a job. Would you honestly hire people like this. I'm certainly not saying everyone on the streets is like this but most of the chronically poor and unemployed have serious problems that will become an employers problem if they are hired.

I know you guys on the right believe in personal responsibility and the work ethic as do I, but there is a significant part of the population that just can't hold down any job and nobody knowingly is going to hire them. If they do, they'll will wish they hadn't.

Not say he’s going to sign it, as he does whenever he wants to gin up the base. Actually sign it.

no foreign person has the right to live in the US.

you might as well get a panel of celebrity judges who chose who can come to america, and that would be better than the system we have now, my friends!

there is no such thing as "jobs americans wont do"...americans would do any job, if you pay them enough!

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom said last week that undocumented immigrants, who comprise about a tenth of California’s workforce, will be able to draw on a $125 million public-private fund. Minneapolis is offering $5 million in assistance to tenants and small businesses, regardless of their immigration status. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot recently extended the city’s coronavirus-relief benefit programs, including aid for housing and for small businesses, to undocumented immigrants. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy says a fund for immigrants is “something we want to look at.”

best president ever!

I am in agreement with Trump on this, but for different reasons. He is using the lame excuse that he wants to save jobs for Americans when he knows that immigrants do the dirty work that lazy Americans won't do. He will try to make it permanent while farmers are destroying their crops that cannot be salvaged due to lack of help.

Why?

I was a part owner in a wholesaling business and we needed a few people for loading and unloading trucks, simple packing and unpacking, etc, no skills required. My business partner was approached by a social worker who was looking for jobs for the homeless and he agreed to hire 3 of them. None of the 3 stayed more than a week. On the first day, one of them was loading a truck and he just decide to leave carrying off a box of tools. I ran after him to stop him and ask what he's doing. He look at me with a vacant stair, said, "I don't know", put the box down and walked off and I never saw him again. The other two just forget to come to work. The social worker said, sometimes they can't remember to go to work or they forget they have a job. Would you honestly hire people like this. I'm certainly not saying everyone on the streets is like this but most of the chronically poor and unemployed have serious problems that will become an employers problem if they are hired.

I know you guys on the right believe in personal responsibility and the work ethic as do I, but there is a significant part of the population that just can't hold down any job and nobody knowingly is going to hire them. If they do, they'll will wish they hadn't.
No

I would not hire homeless people

most of them have severe mental problems

but many more or less “normal” welfare bums are capable of working if they are motivated enough

which means ending the welfare subsidy that allows them not to work

best president ever!

I am in agreement with Trump on this, but for different reasons. He is using the lame excuse that he wants to save jobs for Americans when he knows that immigrants do the dirty work that lazy Americans won't do. He will try to make it permanent while farmers are destroying their crops that cannot be salvaged due to lack of help.

See post 276

best president ever!

See post 276

Eh. That isn't gonna happen.

best president ever!

See post 276

I’m sure libs will do their best to make sure of that

But someday the welfare system will crash under its own weight and bleeding hearts will have nothing to say about it

best president ever!

See post 276

I’m sure libs will do their best to make sure of that.
But someday the welfare system will crash under its own weight and bleeding hearts will have nothing to say about it

I know it won't happen but it plays well with his followers, yes? Or he hopes that it does.
In my view immigration from Central America has nothing to do with bleeding hearts. If any of you took highschool
history, you would learn that we have some responsibility for the influx, as our governments have supported dictators
over the years in the name of oil, and the populace suffered and is still suffering as these dictators sucked up the aid
that we gave them for their people.

Forum List

Back