Trump on Brexit: "I don’t think anybody should listen to me"

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
"“I don’t think anybody should listen to me because I haven’t really focused on it very much." That's what Trump said on Fox Business.

Frankly, that may be the first truthful statement I've heard from Trump in a month of Sundays. The problem, of course, is that Trump apparently doesn't even believe his own words enough to keep mum on a topic he hasn't "really focused on."

I mean really! Who the hell has as much as he had to say about Brexit when they "haven't really focused on it very much?" ??!!??

QUESTION:
How would the Trump administration approach the Brexit, should you be elected president? And Scotland voted 62-38 to remain. Should Scotland leave the U.K., as many people are talking about?

TRUMP:
Yeah. I think I see a big parallel. I think people really — I think people really see a big parallel. A lot of people are talking about that, and not only the United States, but other countries.

People want to take their country back. They want to have independence, in a sense, and you see it with Europe, all over Europe. You're going to have more than just — in my opinion, more than what happened last night, you're going to have, I think many other cases where they want to take their borders back. They want to take their monetary back.

They want to take a lot of things back. They want to be able to have a country again. So, I think you're going have this happen more and more. I really believe that, and I think it's happening in the United States.

But I really do see a parallel between what's happening in the United States and what's happening here. People want to see borders. They don't necessarily want people pouring into their country that they don't know who they are and where they come from. They have no idea.

And I think, you know, it — not only did it win, but it won by a much bigger margin than people thought it would happen.

QUESTION: And how would your administration approach the Brexit, and getting the question of Scottish....

TRUMP: Yeah, you just have to embrace it. It's will of the people. You know, it's not a question of approaching it. It's the will of the people. It's always the will of the people. Ultimately that wins out.

QUESTION: And would you like to see — should Scotland leave, sir?

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... impact of what is taking operation here in Britain? The markets are...

TRUMP: Right. Well, nobody knows. Look, if the pound goes down, they're going to do more business. You know, when the pound goes down, more people are coming to Turnberry, frankly. And the pound has gone down, and let's see what the impact of that has, but I think places like Scotland and England and different places, in Great Britain, I think you're going to see a lot of — a lot of activity.

Read the full interview here. Can anyone give more vapid responses? And this is the person many people think they want to run the U.S? Jesus H. Christ!!!

Wow! He sure has a lot to say about a topic about which one thinks nobody should listen to him. Smart folks do many things that one might find objectionable, but one thing they don't do is admit to not knowing much about a topic and then proceed to talk about it.

Trump comes close to making some of the RWnuts on USMB look smart...

...or, I should say, what passes for smart in Conservatopia...

Forum List

Back