Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

That's bullshit. The campus groups that oppose the speakers I am sure have contacts with the more radical protest groups, and I'm sure some are attending the schools in question. given Anti-fa's penchant for masks, saying "they aren't part of us" is a convinent excuse used by SJW types on campus to get what they want and proclaim their hands clean.
Make up whatever scenarios you like, Marty. You have absolutely no basis for that, except that you would like it to be true. Security personnel and left wing protest organizers tell the real story.

Bullshit. Plenty of on campus groups protest and disrupt the speeches of right leaning groups and people. Hell they even form groups specifically for that purpose.

Violent Middlebury protesters injure professor, force invited speaker to flee lecture hall - FIRE

As soon as Murray took the stage, students stood up, turned their backs to him and started various chants that were loud enough and in unison such that he could not talk over them.

Violent Middlebury protesters injure professor, force invited speaker to flee lecture hall - FIRE

"The Fire"? :rofl:

Your video doesn't show anyone "forced to flee" -- did you even watch it?

Are you actually saying that whatever crackpot you want has an inherent right to be heard on any college campus you don't even attend, while the students who ARE on that campus ----- do not?
if they are invited sure. why wouldn't they be allowed? you haven't answered my last ask on this.

That ISN'T YOUR POST, numbnuts. Are you posting under two different names?

Further, you can't even read what I wrote, which is why you're already on Ignore, which is why I never saw your "last ask", whatever that means.

Awww, ignore? Your wibble sensibilities get hurt?

I already pointed out to you that Liberty does not receive federal funds

so like the song says, Sumthin from nuthin leaves nuthin

Of course they do.
Conservatives make sure of it

Liberty University - Wikipedia

Federal funding
In 2010, students received about $445 million in federal financial aid money in 2010, the highest total of any school in Virginia and one of the highest in the country
That money goes to the students

Are liberals going deny an education to conservative students ?
It also includes grant money
Liberty gets no federal or state grant money
They sure do
Do you have a link to that?

its actually a very easy line. If the money goes to the students to pay for tuition, its to the students. if the money goes to the institution for studies, research or whatever, it's to the institution.

I guess at Liberty University government progams are a good thing.

They don't take funding from the government for their own programs, research, or studies. Students get student loans and maybe pell grants.

Quit while you are ahead here, you aren't making the point you want to make.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesars.

Now you are just running out of attempted points to make.

What has been the historical argument from the right about getting into bed with the government?

Which part of the right?

That's bullshit. The campus groups that oppose the speakers I am sure have contacts with the more radical protest groups, and I'm sure some are attending the schools in question. given Anti-fa's penchant for masks, saying "they aren't part of us" is a convinent excuse used by SJW types on campus to get what they want and proclaim their hands clean.
Make up whatever scenarios you like, Marty. You have absolutely no basis for that, except that you would like it to be true. Security personnel and left wing protest organizers tell the real story.

Bullshit. Plenty of on campus groups protest and disrupt the speeches of right leaning groups and people. Hell they even form groups specifically for that purpose.

As soon as Murray took the stage, students stood up, turned their backs to him and started various chants that were loud enough and in unison such that he could not talk over them.

Are you actually saying that whatever crackpot you want has an inherent right to be heard on any college campus you don't even attend, while the students who ARE on that campus ----- do not?

The FIRE defends both sides of the political spectrum, their only goal is free speech.

Again doing the "dismiss the source to avoid arguing the point" maneuver by slick po-gutless.

She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

You didn't address the questions. Did you.

You don't seem to have even read your own link either, as you just called Charls Murray "she".

Again, this Charles Murray --- "she", if you prefer -- was invited, and showed up.
And?

There was discussions on Coulter in this thread as well. "He" was invited to speak by a Student Group on campus. THEY invited him. Your whole argument is nothing but deflection, just like all your responses.

Get a new game.

So when Pete Buttengeig wants to speak at Liberty University and he is banned because he is gay......

Will Trump support his First Amendment rights?
I suspect that if a student group invites him mayor buttfuck will be allowed to speak

but either way there are no federal funds to take away from Liberty
and he should be allowed to speak. preferably w/o senseless emotional protests. but that also goes for people on the right who are invited to speak to groups at campuses also.

i simply don't understand how being respectful of free speech can be a divisive issue. you're either for it or you're not. if you have reasons to keep it "at bay" then i would turn to you to fully explain. don't care which side you'd be representing.

we allow it or it's a lie. period.

I guess at Liberty University government progams are a good thing.

They don't take funding from the government for their own programs, research, or studies. Students get student loans and maybe pell grants.

What has been the historical argument from the right about getting into bed with the government?

Which part of the right?

LOL, fair enough. Good point. No, not all the right..........but how much of the right has supported things like the government getting involved in student loans? I'm asking.

The FIRE defends both sides of the political spectrum, their only goal is free speech.

Again doing the "dismiss the source to avoid arguing the point" maneuver by slick po-gutless.

You didn't address the questions. Did you.

You don't seem to have even read your own link either, as you just called Charls Murray "she".

Again, this Charles Murray --- "she", if you prefer -- was invited, and showed up.
And?

There was discussions on Coulter in this thread as well. "He" was invited to speak by a Student Group on campus. THEY invited him. Your whole argument is nothing but deflection, just like all your responses.

Get a new game.
pogo is just mad cause someone shoved a pogo stick up his ass when he was a child and it could never be removed. now if you take ANY stance, he'll take the other to simply call you stupid then tigger around like he won something.

Last edited:

Which part of the right?

LOL, fair enough. Good point. No, not all the right..........but how much of the right has supported things like the government getting involved in student loans? I'm asking.
are student loans a constitutional right?

No one "invites" Antifa to these protests--they sneak/trickle in and once there is a big enough crowd to hid themselves, they get to work. They are not part of the college community and do not belong on campus. If I were a campus security official, I would make sure that anyone wearing a mask or bandanna over their face would be removed without further discussion.

The ONLY thing this EO shows is that the President is watching too much Fox.

I would just like to see fking respect from the universities. would that be too much to ask?

Which part of the right?

I wouldn't say so. The right to not be discriminated in their use would be though.

So when Pete Buttengeig wants to speak at Liberty University and he is banned because he is gay......

I suspect that if a student group invites him mayor buttfuck will be allowed to speak

and he should be allowed to speak. preferably w/o senseless emotional protests. but that also goes for people on the right who are invited to speak to groups at campuses also.

i simply don't understand how being respectful of free speech can be a divisive issue. you're either for it or you're not. if you have reasons to keep it "at bay" then i would turn to you to fully explain. don't care which side you'd be representing.

Christian conservatives are secure in their beliefs and do not need to shout down opposing views

the lib students are the ones rioting on campus when opposing views are expressed

Which part of the right?

I wouldn't say so. The right to not be discriminated in their use would be though.
then we get back to trying to define all that.

yes it would be discrimination to tell someone they can't attend or get grants due to their skin color. but i also view it wrong to tell white people they can't get funding cause they have a quota to fill. ie - THEIR skin color is wrong.

not an easy problem when you start legislating morality.

Last edited:

You dont know much about Christian conservatives

They are secure in their beliefs and do not need to shout down opposing views

the lib students are the ones rioting on campus when opposing views are expressed
should i now break out my alter boy pics from when i was growing up? or when i was at church camp one summer and was chosen to read scriptures to the congregation?

you know nothing about me so maybe find out some things first before you spout off.

Which part of the right?

discriminated how? sounds like more doublespeak to me.

should i now break out my alter boy pics from when i was growing up? or when i was at church camp one summer and was chosen to read scriptures to the congregation?

you know nothing about me so maybe find out some things first before you spout off.
After further thought I revised my remarks directed at you

so your complaint is valid

Which part of the right?

The statement was a general statement. I don't believe I accused anyone.

After further thought I revised my remarks directed at you

so your complaint is valid
all good.

Christian conservatives are secure in their beliefs and do not need to shout down opposing views

Some are. Some aren’t.

Texas Muslim Capitol Day marred by anti-Islam protesters

But yeah, students rioting on campus is stupid.

Which part of the right?

The statement was a general statement. I don't believe I accused anyone.
that meant absolutely nothing. doublespeak. to sound like it meant something but it really didn't. what do you mean by discriminate? you wrote it, explain it's purpose in the discussion.

Forum List

Back