Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

So when Pete Buttengeig wants to speak at Liberty University and he is banned because he is gay......

Will Trump support his First Amendment rights?
I suspect that if a student group invites him mayor buttfuck will be allowed to speak

but either way there are no federal funds to take away from Liberty
and he should be allowed to speak. preferably w/o senseless emotional protests. but that also goes for people on the right who are invited to speak to groups at campuses also.

i simply don't understand how being respectful of free speech can be a divisive issue. you're either for it or you're not. if you have reasons to keep it "at bay" then i would turn to you to fully explain. don't care which side you'd be representing.

we allow it or it's a lie. period.
Christian conservatives are secure in their beliefs and do not need to shout down opposing views

the lib students are the ones rioting on campus when opposing views are expressed
Some are. Some aren’t.

Texas Muslim Capitol Day marred by anti-Islam protesters

But yeah, students rioting on campus is stupid.
Do you honestly believe this guy is a student at a Christian University?
upload_2020-2-12_12-13-1.jpeg

Antifa started in Europe during WWII, you jerk. I'm telling you what left wing protesters have said. They ought to know--they were there, which you weren't.

That is possibly one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen on this board. SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED dumb.

It was loser college age kids who pushed the nazi's back?

Anti-fa is to actual anti-fascists as MTV currently is to music.
Try educating yourself. It's a lot more convincing than just making up shit.
Antifa (United States) - Wikipedia

Wow, back to Mussolini?
These spoiled children have nothing to do with the anti-fa groups of the past.

Do you purport to speak FOR them?

Where did you get that from my statement?

Here, I bolded it for ya.

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL
Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

You mean instead of leftist college presidents?

I prefer trump over them

i prefer "we the people" decide and leave it at that. but when there are colleges who actively silence dissenting opinions, they need to know that's a party foul. if you're going to give one side campus resources for their ideas, it goes to all.

You're too simple to understand consequences, Simon. I doubt you ever attended a U. or 4-year college, and don't understand that free speech on campuses began at CAL in the 60's; then, the establishment with the go ahead from Reagan used tear gas and SWAT teams to quell a non violent protest.

Trump is a reactive and impulsive actor, one who never seems to consider consequences beyond what he wants, now. The facts we have seen is he never takes advice before he acts, and when consequences foreseen by others occur, he blames others for those consquences.

As my colleague rightwinger posted, what if Liberty University is inundated by supporters of abortion, or athiests who argue there is no god and pose all of the arguments in opposition to the clergy as nothing more than demagogues and charlatans?
The students you speak of liked college so much that some of them never left

they infest our universities and use their power to restrict conservative speakers

I'm curious as to where you get your information about college students. There are hundreds if not thousands of colleges and universities in the U.S. Who is "infesting" anywhere?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh.

Make up whatever scenarios you like, Marty. You have absolutely no basis for that, except that you would like it to be true. Security personnel and left wing protest organizers tell the real story.

Bullshit. Plenty of on campus groups protest and disrupt the speeches of right leaning groups and people. Hell they even form groups specifically for that purpose.

Violent Middlebury protesters injure professor, force invited speaker to flee lecture hall - FIRE

As soon as Murray took the stage, students stood up, turned their backs to him and started various chants that were loud enough and in unison such that he could not talk over them.

Violent Middlebury protesters injure professor, force invited speaker to flee lecture hall - FIRE

"The Fire"? :rofl:

Your video doesn't show anyone "forced to flee" -- did you even watch it?

Are you actually saying that whatever crackpot you want has an inherent right to be heard on any college campus you don't even attend, while the students who ARE on that campus ----- do not?

The FIRE defends both sides of the political spectrum, their only goal is free speech.

Again doing the "dismiss the source to avoid arguing the point" maneuver by slick po-gutless.

She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

You didn't address the questions. Did you.

You don't seem to have even read your own link either, as you just called Charls Murray "she".

Again, this Charles Murray --- "she", if you prefer -- was invited, and showed up.
And?

There was discussions on Coulter in this thread as well. "He" was invited to speak by a Student Group on campus. THEY invited him. Your whole argument is nothing but deflection, just like all your responses.

Get a new game.

And you STILL didn't address the question, did you.

So when Pete Buttengeig wants to speak at Liberty University and he is banned because he is gay......

I suspect that if a student group invites him mayor buttfuck will be allowed to speak

and he should be allowed to speak. preferably w/o senseless emotional protests. but that also goes for people on the right who are invited to speak to groups at campuses also.

i simply don't understand how being respectful of free speech can be a divisive issue. you're either for it or you're not. if you have reasons to keep it "at bay" then i would turn to you to fully explain. don't care which side you'd be representing.

Christian conservatives are secure in their beliefs and do not need to shout down opposing views

the lib students are the ones rioting on campus when opposing views are expressed
Some are. Some aren’t.

View attachment 306271
looks more like a drop out from the army surplus academy.

Some are. Some aren’t.

View attachment 306271
looks more like a drop out from the army surplus academy.
It wasnt even on a Christian college campus

or a secular campus

You dont know much about Christian conservatives

They are secure in their beliefs and do not need to shout down opposing views

should i now break out my alter boy pics from when i was growing up? or when i was at church camp one summer and was chosen to read scriptures to the congregation?

you know nothing about me so maybe find out some things first before you spout off.

Not sure we'd want to see "alter boy pics" actually..... not that there's anything wrong with that.... :uhh:

LOL, fair enough. Good point. No, not all the right..........but how much of the right has supported things like the government getting involved in student loans? I'm asking.
are student loans a constitutional right?

I wouldn't say so. The right to not be discriminated in their use would be though.
discriminated how? sounds like more doublespeak to me.

The statement was a general statement. I don't believe I accused anyone.
that meant absolutely nothing. doublespeak. to sound like it meant something but it really didn't. what do you mean by discriminate? you wrote it, explain it's purpose in the discussion.

I was asked if federal loans were a right. I said they weren't but things like not being discriminated when apllying for them would be. Now sure your problem.

Bullshit. Plenty of on campus groups protest and disrupt the speeches of right leaning groups and people. Hell they even form groups specifically for that purpose.

Are you actually saying that whatever crackpot you want has an inherent right to be heard on any college campus you don't even attend, while the students who ARE on that campus ----- do not?

The FIRE defends both sides of the political spectrum, their only goal is free speech.

Again doing the "dismiss the source to avoid arguing the point" maneuver by slick po-gutless.

You don't seem to have even read your own link either, as you just called Charls Murray "she".

Again, this Charles Murray --- "she", if you prefer -- was invited, and showed up.
And?

There was discussions on Coulter in this thread as well. "He" was invited to speak by a Student Group on campus. THEY invited him. Your whole argument is nothing but deflection, just like all your responses.

Get a new game.
pogo is just mad cause someone shoved a pogo stick up his ass when he was a child and it could never be removed. now if you take ANY stance, he'll take the other to simply call you stupid then tigger around like he won something.

Hey, Marty's the one trying to dance around my question sooooooooooooooo................ :eusa_whistle:

are student loans a constitutional right?

I wouldn't say so. The right to not be discriminated in their use would be though.

that meant absolutely nothing. doublespeak. to sound like it meant something but it really didn't. what do you mean by discriminate? you wrote it, explain it's purpose in the discussion.

I was asked if federal loans were a right. I said they weren't but things like not being discriminated when apllying for them would be. Now sure your problem.
yep, I read it. I asked you to provide information on the use of the word discrimination. discriminate how? again, you avoid explaining a position. simply means you know the facts aren't with you.

yep, I read it. I asked you to provide information on the use of the word discrimination. discriminate how? again, you avoid explaining a position. simply means you know the facts aren't with you.

Do you for some reason disagree with what I said?

And?

Get a new game.
pogo is just mad cause someone shoved a pogo stick up his ass when he was a child and it could never be removed. now if you take ANY stance, he'll take the other to simply call you stupid then tigger around like he won something.

Hey, Marty's the one trying to dance around my question sooooooooooooooo................ :eusa_whistle:
sure he did. that's a fking lie. dude, you're on a message board, know someone will always look at the posts and I did, he stated with this comment: She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

What is it you read in that answer? a student invites, they are allowed on campus. question answered. you're insincere friend. what a shame. another factless poster. deceitful and a liar.

Some are. Some aren’t.

View attachment 306271

I never claimed he was. Just pointing out that Christians aren’t always as reserved.

Liberty University is a Christian school, no?
Jerry Falwell, a key Trump ally, falls short of big talk on free speech, critics say

They do quite poorly when it comes to free speech.

Some are. Some aren’t.

View attachment 306271

I never claimed he was. Just pointing out that Christians aren’t always as reserved.

Jerry Falwell, a key Trump ally, falls short of big talk on free speech, critics say

it is a private university correct? just asking to see how much you actually invested in research. I don't want scum in my house either. no, in a private business, they are allowed to write their own rules. state run universities are to follow state law and government rules. hmmmmmmmmmmm. you still don't know the difference between private and public.

Some are. Some aren’t.

View attachment 306271

it is a private university correct? just asking to see how much you actually invested in research. I don't want scum in my house either. no, in a private business, they are allowed to write their own rules. state run universities are to follow state law and government rules. hmmmmmmmmmmm. you still don't know the difference between private and public.

You didn’t read the original article, but no worries.

I guess conservative Christians don’t really care about free speech after all.

Thanks!

And?

Get a new game.

sure he did. that's a fking lie. dude, you're on a message board, know someone will always look at the posts and I did, he stated with this comment: She was invited by other Students, they have the ability to do so.

What is it you read in that answer? a student invites, they are allowed on campus. question answered. you're insincere friend. what a shame. another factless poster. deceitful and a liar.

Since you obviously CAN'T READ, I'll essplain it to your illiterate ass in tiny widdle words.

I asked Marty if he --- not YOU -- HE (because I don't give a fuck what you believe, and you didn't bring it up anyway) believes that (insert speaker name here) has the inherent right to speak, at a college campus he's not even affiliated with, while the students who ARE affiliated with and in attendance at that college, DO NOT have that right.

That's what he can't answer. And you can't either because IT WASN'T YOUR FUCKING POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE you giant black hole of mental midgetry.

Also pointed out that his link claimed Murray was "forced to flee" yet the video therein showed no such fleeing.

That about cover it, Peewee? Get it now or do I have to draw fucking stick figures?

And?

Get a new game.

Since you obviously CAN'T READ, I'll essplain it to your illiterate ass in tiny widdle words.

I asked Marty if he --- not YOU -- HE (because I don't give a fuck what you believe, and you didn't bring it up anyway) believes that (insert speaker name here) has the inherent right to speak, at a college campus he's not even affiliated with, while the students who ARE affiliated with and in attendance at that college, DO NOT have that right.

That's what he can't answer. And you can't either because IT WASN'T YOUR FUCKING POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE you giant black hole of mental midgetry.

Also pointed out that his link claimed Murray was "forced to flee" yet the video therein showed no such fleeing.

That about cover it, Peewee? Get it now or do I have to draw fucking stick figures?
and he, the guy on the board whose post I read, said if they are invited yes. what didn't you understand with that answer other than being a dick?

Get a new game.

and he, the guy on the board whose post I read, said if they are invited yes. what didn't you understand with that answer other than being a dick?

YOU actually want to sit on this board and speak for what HE thinks?

Exactly what part of "he's not you" is sailing over your pointed little head here, white knight?

This stupid-ass shit right here is why you were already on Ignore. Thanks for yet another reconfirmation that that was the right thing to do.

YOU actually want to sit on this board and speak for what HE thinks?

Exactly what part of "he's not you" is sailing over your pointed little head here, white knight?
not at all. I didn't do that. I quoted his statement. I used what he wrote in quotes. And he again answered your question.

again, note the work 'invited', and then 'they have the ability to do so'.

Forum List

Back