Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Not being a snowflake feel free to call me anything you like. BTW, just because you don't "think" you're a racist in no way means you aren't. You are and seem to be the only one who refuses to acknowlege it.

I used to work with this elderly black man. He admitted to me that he was racist. I told him I found that to be counter productive. He then told me this story. (which I verified to be true).

His daughter integrated the local school system. He told me how he would have to go to the school every day at lunch to sit and eat with her because no one else would. He would hear the names others would call her. He said that was something he would never be able to get past. I understood.

I am not denying it's existence, I am simply saying in this day and age it is not as systemic as IM says.

Maybe......or maybe you simply don't live it? Stop and Frisk is recent. White's would have never stood for that. Bloomberg even complained that too many white's were being stopped. Trump supported the policy.

Maybe it's just that you don't live it.

See post 644.

I live in the same world everyone else does. It's not systemic and some of it is even brought on by their attitudes.

Racism will give you an attitude.

Treru story. I was grocery shopping in Walmart. Down one ailse there was a very obese black woman in a little motorized cart. and her daughter pushing a shopping cart. They were stopped and I said excuse me and after a time they letr me through. This was happening in ailse after aisle. On about the 4th one I just stood behind them, this was getting old. As I stood there the daughter finally looked back and said "mama we need to let this man by". Her response? "why don't you ever just take my side for once? She turned and looked at me and said " Oh and he a white mothaf**cher too". I had the "right to remain silent but I did not have the ability. I responed "did the white man make you fat too"?

She like IM2 are/were racist pigs.

Institutionalized racism will do that to you.[/QUOTE]

Nope, sorry. An entitled attitude does that you you.

The answer is that the money goes to students not Liberty U

Its the kids money that angry libs would have to take away

if they dare

The kids then spend the money at liberty U, so sorry this is incorrect.

Only if you're a leftist drone who doesn't comprehend what individual freedoms are, or why they matter.

Liberty University restricts the individual freedoms of their students. That’s a fact.

and yet you listed none of them,,,

‘Liberty’ University? When It Comes to Free Speech, It’s Anything But.

let's face it

if trump shot someone on 5th avenue while you watched him do it he would turn to you and say "hillary did that!" and you would believe it!

I assume this state of denial is a life time obstacle for you

if true they should be stripped of all federal funding,,,

do YOU support street violence against your political enemies?

rush limbaugh (having already advocated "beating them with clubs") said "leave only SOME liberals left alive!" (apparently as a warning to future generations)

ann coulter: "we should shoot a few (liberals) to let the rest know it can happen to them"

and when every con on this board says "I HAVE GUNS and soon there is gonna be a CIVIL WAR" can I assume they are threatening violence? street or otherwise?

Only if you're a completely humorless dunce who wouldn't recognize sarcasm and hyperbole if they had neon signs and sparklers on them.

Yeah right. So let a liberal say the same about right wingers and lets see how much humor and hyperbole you see.

Not being a snowflake feel free to call me anything you like. BTW, just because you don't "think" you're a racist in no way means you aren't. You are and seem to be the only one who refuses to acknowlege it.

I used to work with this elderly black man. He admitted to me that he was racist. I told him I found that to be counter productive. He then told me this story. (which I verified to be true).

His daughter integrated the local school system. He told me how he would have to go to the school every day at lunch to sit and eat with her because no one else would. He would hear the names others would call her. He said that was something he would never be able to get past. I understood.

What on earth do your personal anecdotes have to do with anything? Maybe she smelled bad or something?

"Maybe she smelled bad or something?"

now you are projecting.....

I've noticed how conservatives are quick to knee-jerk react on these issues....

a black guy describes his deplorable and sickening experience and you immediately dismiss it as "she probably stunk...don't all blacks stink?"

if a white guy had said this you would have just accepted it....

and THAT is INSTITUTIONAL RACISM

the BLACK is always suspect
the WHITE is always given a free pass.....

you stink

Last edited:

Only if you're a leftist drone who doesn't comprehend what individual freedoms are, or why they matter.

Liberty University restricts the individual freedoms of their students. That’s a fact.

let's face it

if trump shot someone on 5th avenue while you watched him do it he would turn to you and say "hillary did that!" and you would believe it!

Its not true

Liberty U receives no federal or state money

let's face it

Its not true

Liberty U receives no federal or state money

well there you have it,,,no violations of anyones rights,,,

I am not denying it's existence, I am simply saying in this day and age it is not as systemic as IM says.

Maybe......or maybe you simply don't live it? Stop and Frisk is recent. White's would have never stood for that. Bloomberg even complained that too many white's were being stopped. Trump supported the policy.

Maybe it's just that you don't live it.

See post 644.

I live in the same world everyone else does. It's not systemic and some of it is even brought on by their attitudes.

Racism will give you an attitude.

Treru story. I was grocery shopping in Walmart. Down one ailse there was a very obese black woman in a little motorized cart. and her daughter pushing a shopping cart. They were stopped and I said excuse me and after a time they letr me through. This was happening in ailse after aisle. On about the 4th one I just stood behind them, this was getting old. As I stood there the daughter finally looked back and said "mama we need to let this man by". Her response? "why don't you ever just take my side for once? She turned and looked at me and said " Oh and he a white mothaf**cher too". I had the "right to remain silent but I did not have the ability. I responed "did the white man make you fat too"?

She like IM2 are/were racist pigs.

Institutionalized racism will do that to you.

Nope, sorry. An entitled attitude does that you you.[/QUOTE]

How did you react to racism? Very well?

So why differentiate a college receiving research grants or federally subsidized tuition?
They all do except one. Here's the answer: because he can.
The answer is that the money goes to students not Liberty U

Its the kids money that angry libs would have to take away

if they dare

you can complain about student aid as much as you please

But the cutoff of grants will not affect Liberty

and it will hurt the lib institutions

At least we can agree your statement about conservative Christians caring about freedom of speech was bogus.

"Whatever you said - which I didn't read - means you agree with my asinine premise!"

Yeah, you go with that.

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL

yeah cause... a private organization setting their own rules, and players violating those rules is the same thing as Public Universities prohibiting speakers they don't like, faculty staff shutting the power off of microphones when they don't like what it said and organizing protests that threaten speakers is the exact same thing.

:rolleyes:

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

So, you support the use of street violence, against your political enemies.

THank you for your honesty. So many of your lib buddies here, lie about that.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

Or is that too much even for an honest left like you?

rush limbaugh (having already advocated "beating them with clubs") said "leave only SOME liberals left alive!" (apparently as a warning to future generations)

ann coulter: "we should shoot a few (liberals) to let the rest know it can happen to them"

and when every con on this board says "I HAVE GUNS and soon there is gonna be a CIVIL WAR" can I assume they are threatening violence? street or otherwise?

Only if you're a completely humorless dunce who wouldn't recognize sarcasm and hyperbole if they had neon signs and sparklers on them.

Yeah right. So let a liberal say the same about right wingers and lets see how much humor and hyperbole you see.

Yawn! I know I am not a racist and I know that in a forum full of "conservative" white racists they will call me one just for pointing out continuing white racism.

yeah cause... a private organization setting their own rules, and players violating those rules is the same thing as Public Universities prohibiting speakers they don't like, faculty staff shutting the power off of microphones when they don't like what it said and organizing protests that threaten speakers is the exact same thing.

the point at issue;

trump says "no federal funding for colleges that don't allow free speech"

shall we dissect that sentence?

"NO" (none...not any....)

FEDERAL FUNDING (my federal tax dollars)

for COLLEGES (any and all.....)

that don't allow free speech"

there you have it

ANY COLLEGE that doesn't allow FREE SPEECH with receive NO FEDERAL FUNDING.

IF liberty STIFLES free speech they will LOSE any federal funding they get

if they do NOT get any federal funding they can stifle free speech all they want to.

the point at issue;

there you have it

if they do NOT get any federal funding they can stifle free speech all they want to.

Who are you talking to?

In 2009, Liberty “derecognized” the school’s chapter of College Democrats because the national Democratic Party is pro-choice, and dares to “promote the LGBT agenda.”
As the link points out Liberty will allow a Democrat organization as long as its not linked to the national party because of issues such as abortion and gay marriage

I still believe that if the gay presidential candidate wanted to give a speech at the university he would be allowed to do so

Conservatives tend to be a lot more accustomed to hearing and dealing with opposing viewpoints, since we can't possibly escape it, even should we want to.
Not true. I keep getting called a racist because you "conservatives" can't accept an opposing view relative to how non whites see the American system.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

Yawn! I know I am not a racist and I know that in a forum full of "conservative" white racists they will call me one just for pointing out continuing white racism.

I hope you realize that these conservatives are deranged?

any one who goes around spitting on blacks all day long and then claims he is NOT a racist is deranged.

Last I checked the NFL doesn't get federal funding to teach their athletes. I love some of the shit you conflate.

None! Ice cream has no bones.
Sorry but they get federal funding and if you get federal funding you must abide by federal rules. So trump just stuck his head up his ass again showing how he wants to push white supremacy.

I''m not black, I'm from German, French, Italian and Romania Ancestry. However my parents and 3 out of four my grandparents, and 3 out of 4 my great grandparents were born in California. I will speak out for all human beings who have been and continued to be discriminated against by assholes, racists, misogynists and politicians.

I have every right to speak out, much like you who speak out. The big difference between you and me is I know what I'm speaking about, and you don't have a clue.

You have a right to speak. Kapernicki, since the nfl supported him, had the right to do what he did.

That does not mean that what he did was right.

IN the middle of a ritual, where standing is done to show respect and loyalty to the nation and to your fellow citizens, he choose to do the exact opposite.

THat obviously communicates the opposite of respect and loyalty, ie disrespect and enmity.

He is an anti-American piece of shit, and in a sane world, he would be marginalized by American society.

Read my post which you have responded to, and put yourself into the shoes of those who have been downtrodden. I have no problem coming to grips with how I would feel, if my ancestors, myself and my sons, were treated badly by people in power simply because of their skin color, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Of course I have empathy, something racists, misogynists, and all bigots lack.

I am in the shoes of someone who has been downtrodden, and if Kapernick feels disrespect and enmity to America and Americans, than the celebration of him by the Left is morally wrong.

His excuses and rationalizations for his disloyalty expressed DURING the National Anthem, are not good enough, not even close.

As I noted, you lack empathy. It's clear in your post.

I've been attacked too many times, by people like you, to empathize with you.

Oddly though, it has been scientifically demonstrated that it is liberals who have the least ability to empathize with people who are different than them. You probably already know that.

Know i didn't, I don't read RW Blogs as you seem to do. But my graduate work, and the 40 hours POST annual training for 32 years never made any such a stupid claim as you just did.

I hope you realize that these conservatives are deranged?

any one who goes around spitting on blacks all day long and then claims he is NOT a racist is deranged.

True.

Is the Trumpybear offering grants for security for our students, or do they expect the Universities or the States to pick up the tab to ensure that all our children are safe on campus when controversial or extreme Pundants are invited by a Student Group.?

Maybe you leftists should just stop being triggered to violence, and then it wouldn't be necessary.

Liberals prefer dialog. Pseudo-cons find it necessary to conflate liberals and the far left to justify their false narratives.

Yeah. Uh huh. Lie to yourself all you want; just don't expect any company in your self-serving delusions.

Of course you are a racist.

Doesn't matter. If you take federal money you abide by federal rules..

the point at issue;

there you have it

Who are you talking to?

I just scroll by that poster. Obviously has a screw loose. :cuckoo: Better off ignoring these blustering insane loons.

Forum List

Back