Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

You mean these college kids are going to have listen to opposing opinions and other points of view?! Get the crying closets ready! :lol:

If you want a better system where everyone can access higher education, come up with it, promote it and pass it.

Until then you can only complain about those who did.
Not everyone needs, or even wants, to access so-called higher education.

Are you familiar with a person called Mike Rowe?

Look him up.

What is certain is that the taxpayer should never be on the hook for loans to students who can't pay them back, or funding universities that do not adhere to the Constitution.
Look up Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. Neither one ever graduated from college. Doesn’t keep them from claiming to be experts in economics, history, political theory and science
I've not seen any such humility from you or anyone else on this forum since I've joined. Do you believe that everyone here is an authority on anything they speak about? Particularly given the propensity to demand links that they intend to ignore?

Mike Rowe makes no appeal to an authority other than life experience and some small truths about how public schools push higher education at the expense of the students they claim to care about.

Another vast generalization. Thousands of high schools still offer students the option of attending tech schooling.
Yet, here we are, being told by the left that every student needs to attend college.

And being told by the right that unless you are already well positioned in life become a ditch digger.

How did I do? Am I getting better with my vast generalizations? Do I need more practice?

Nah. Because I am not speaking hate. You just don't get it. Nobody has to accept or be quiet about the continuing racism of whites like you. You've listened to the president of race pimping, Rush Limbaugh, for too long son.
Of everyone on this forum, you are among the leaders of speaking hate. Given that, I would allow you to speak at any University. You cannot say the same.
Unfortunately for your lie, I haven't spoken a word of hate and I've already spoken on college campuses.
You speak hate each and every day that I've run across you. You can lie to yourself and think that you are not, but I don't really care about the lies you tell yourself.
I don't have to lie to myself for I am not you. I have not spoken hate. But whites like you get your feelings hurt because you think blacks don't have any reason to be a little upset about the continuing racism going on by whites around here so you want to dismiss what is said as hate. That is another example of white fragility.
This is hate. Understand it.

Now, have a nice day.

There is not one word of hate in that quote.. You just can't take the truth, get butthurt then cry about how it's hate.

White%2BFragility%2BLove%2BLife%2BOf%2BAn%2BAsian%2BGuy%2BPhoto.jpg

I bet that it will almost never come up at conservatives schools. Because conservatives don't form mobs to use violence to suppress the speech of their enemies.

And that "almost" is just me covering my ass. I suspect it will NEVER come up at a conservative school.

A Texas teacher sued the state after losing her job for refusing to sign a pro-Israel contract

Interesting conflict between state law and personal beliefs.

Meanwhile, at lib schools when conservatives try to speak.

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

So, you support the use of street violence, against your political enemies.

THank you for your honesty. So many of your lib buddies here, lie about that.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

Or is that too much even for an honest left like you?

do YOU support street violence against your political enemies?

rush limbaugh (having already advocated "beating them with clubs") said "leave only SOME liberals left alive!" (apparently as a warning to future generations)

ann coulter: "we should shoot a few (liberals) to let the rest know it can happen to them"

and when every con on this board says "I HAVE GUNS and soon there is gonna be a CIVIL WAR" can I assume they are threatening violence? street or otherwise?

Only if you're a completely humorless dunce who wouldn't recognize sarcasm and hyperbole if they had neon signs and sparklers on them.

Not everyone needs, or even wants, to access so-called higher education.

Are you familiar with a person called Mike Rowe?

Look him up.

What is certain is that the taxpayer should never be on the hook for loans to students who can't pay them back, or funding universities that do not adhere to the Constitution.
Look up Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. Neither one ever graduated from college. Doesn’t keep them from claiming to be experts in economics, history, political theory and science
I've not seen any such humility from you or anyone else on this forum since I've joined. Do you believe that everyone here is an authority on anything they speak about? Particularly given the propensity to demand links that they intend to ignore?

Mike Rowe makes no appeal to an authority other than life experience and some small truths about how public schools push higher education at the expense of the students they claim to care about.

Another vast generalization. Thousands of high schools still offer students the option of attending tech schooling.
Yet, here we are, being told by the left that every student needs to attend college.

And being told by the right that unless you are already well positioned in life become a ditch digger.

How did I do? Am I getting better with my vast generalizations? Do I need more practice?

Well if that is the only job you are QUALIFIED for, then that is what you do in order to pay your bills. There are all kinds of fields you can enter without going to a university. You can be an electrician, you can do HVAC, carpentry, etc. Those are very well paying jobs in a lot of cases, and you can become knowledgeable about the field, save your money, get the necessary equipment, and open your own business. America is the land of opportunity for those who apply themselves and work hard.

You mean these college kids are going to have listen to opposing opinions and other points of view?! Get the crying closets ready! :lol:
They do that every day.

Do you have a link to that?
See posts above this thread
I looked and there is no proof that Liberty gets federal grant money

Evangelical Liberty University received half a billion dollars in federal aid money

Evangelical Liberty University received half a billion dollars in federal aid money
One conservative college got more government cash than NPR last year

Alex Pareene
April 5, 2011 7:45PM (UTC)

Liberty University, the evangelical private Christian school founded by dead apartheid-supporting bigot Jerry Falwell, received $445 million in federal financial aid last year. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, by the way, received $420 million from the federal government.
Just because a lib editor lies in a headline it does not become a fact

Liberty receive ZERO dollars from the federal government

that money went to students

I keep forgetting.

Cons only believe what they WANT to believe and truth, facts or reality have nothing to do with it.

ok....

why don't YOU see if YOU can find any data suggesting that liberty did NOT get any federal funds.

I just heard, "I keep forgetting, THIS is what I was told to believe about these deplorables, why don't you defend this position I've assigned you in my head?"

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

rush limbaugh (having already advocated "beating them with clubs") said "leave only SOME liberals left alive!" (apparently as a warning to future generations)

ann coulter: "we should shoot a few (liberals) to let the rest know it can happen to them"

and when every con on this board says "I HAVE GUNS and soon there is gonna be a CIVIL WAR" can I assume they are threatening violence? street or otherwise?

Only if you're a completely humorless dunce who wouldn't recognize sarcasm and hyperbole if they had neon signs and sparklers on them.

Yeah right. So let a liberal say the same about right wingers and lets see how much humor and hyperbole you see.

Well if that is the only job you are QUALIFIED for, then that is what you do in order to pay your bills. There are all kinds of fields you can enter without going to a university. You can be an electrician, you can do HVAC, carpentry, etc. Those are very well paying jobs in a lot of cases, and you can become knowledgeable about the field, save your money, get the necessary equipment, and open your own business. America is the land of opportunity for those who apply themselves and work hard.

LOL!

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL

Does the NFL get federal funding?
Yes.

Just How Much Money Does the NFL Rake in from Taxpayers?

The Bonds are issued by the States, not the Feds.

Another study from the Brookings Institution showed that federal taxpayers have subsidized the construction of 36 stadiums at a cost of over $3.2 billion since 2000.​

Yes.

Another study from the Brookings Institution showed that federal taxpayers have subsidized the construction of 36 stadiums at a cost of over $3.2 billion since 2000.​

You're talking to people who think education is bad. So facts are beyond their comprehension.

Yeah right. So let a liberal say the same about right wingers and lets see how much humor and hyperbole you see.

Not being a snowflake feel free to call me anything you like. BTW, just because you don't "think" you're a racist in no way means you aren't. You are and seem to be the only one who refuses to acknowlege it.

Yes.

You're talking to people who think education is bad. So facts are beyond their comprehension.

Who said it's bad? The fact of the matter is that there are other options out there. If you don't take advantage of those options, then that is just you being dumb and setting yourself up for failure later on. Not everyone is cut out for, nor wants to go to university.

Is the Trumpybear offering grants for security for our students, or do they expect the Universities or the States to pick up the tab to ensure that all our children are safe on campus when controversial or extreme Pundants are invited by a Student Group.?

Maybe you leftists should just stop being triggered to violence, and then it wouldn't be necessary.

Liberals prefer dialog. Pseudo-cons find it necessary to conflate liberals and the far left to justify their false narratives.

Last I checked the NFL doesn't get federal funding to teach their athletes. I love some of the shit you conflate.

None! Ice cream has no bones.

In 2009, Liberty “derecognized” the school’s chapter of College Democrats because the national Democratic Party is pro-choice, and dares to “promote the LGBT agenda.”
As the link points out Liberty will allow a Democrat organization as long as its not linked to the national party because of issues such as abortion and gay marriage

I still believe that if the gay presidential candidate wanted to give a speech at the university he would be allowed to do so

Conservatives tend to be a lot more accustomed to hearing and dealing with opposing viewpoints, since we can't possibly escape it, even should we want to.

And they are being filled so what is your point?

Does the NFL get federal funding? Does the NFL purport to be open spaces for the free exchange of ideas?
What right does Trump have to condemn free speech in the NFL while condemning colleges for doing the same?

A speaker spews hate about Muslims, Mexicans and Gays and a College says he is not welcome

A football player silently protests police killings of African Americans and the President is outraged

He didn't condemn free speech. He condemn the action taken at a time he felt ought to be respectful to the country. He has the right to free speech. Boy, you're just not picking up on the whole free speech thing.

You conflate every issue and discombobulate every topic.

Not being a snowflake feel free to call me anything you like. BTW, just because you don't "think" you're a racist in no way means you aren't. You are and seem to be the only one who refuses to acknowlege it.

I used to work with this elderly black man. He admitted to me that he was racist. I told him I found that to be counter productive. He then told me this story. (which I verified to be true).

His daughter integrated the local school system. He told me how he would have to go to the school every day at lunch to sit and eat with her because no one else would. He would hear the names others would call her. He said that was something he would never be able to get past. I understood.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back