Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Who is 'We'?

Prone to stereotypes and generalizations, are 'We' not?

I am assuming it means the people who support this proposal.

And the people who are the cause for it, ie. conservative speakers who get shut down in college speeches.

One has to think that they want to shut down opposition speech because they have no good answers to negate any of it. When they can't negate the speech, they want to not hear it at all. Leftists are living in an echo chamber of stupidity and ignorance.

Then you'd agree that anyone should be allowed to speak, but they must also agree to debate?

I don't know about Chris, but I'm personally not agreeing with anything which is just a manifestation of your need to feel in control of all around you.

Not everything has to include the left's bullshit, no matter HOW much it chafes your ass to let conservatives just hang out together without you.

So what your saying is that people should be allowed to say whatever they like and not be held to any scrutiny at all.

All your for is right-wing nutjobs spewing pure BULLSHIT without any alternate opinions.

Because you know that their opinions will not stand up in a debate!

And the people who are the cause for it, ie. conservative speakers who get shut down in college speeches.

One has to think that they want to shut down opposition speech because they have no good answers to negate any of it. When they can't negate the speech, they want to not hear it at all. Leftists are living in an echo chamber of stupidity and ignorance.

Then you'd agree that anyone should be allowed to speak, but they must also agree to debate?

I don't know about Chris, but I'm personally not agreeing with anything which is just a manifestation of your need to feel in control of all around you.

Not everything has to include the left's bullshit, no matter HOW much it chafes your ass to let conservatives just hang out together without you.

Agree. Leftists are control freaks.

Leftists won't stand for lying bags of shit.

Ro
You want to overthrow the government?

How does suppressing free speech at liberal colleges accomplish that?

I wanted to address your point. Obviously I did since you felt to reply as you did.
You did not address #558

Liberal students at our universities have the temperament of 3-year old children who must express themselves with violent action instead of thoughts and reason

I did address 558. I am not going to reply to your vast generalizations. If you have a specific instance, I will address my opinion.
Pick any liberal student riot at any liberal university

there are plenty to choose from

the students claim the only response to speech they dont like is violence

which makes them over-educated morons

Middlebury Professor Injured as Protest Against Racist Author Turns Violent

Middlebury Professor Injured as Protest Against Racist Author Turns Violent
rightwinger ( who is actually a lib) thinks the liberal student riot at Middlebury college is funny

needless to day I dont
America's Tombstone Will Be a Statue of Reginald Denny

Every student riot must be answered the way Kent State was. No one dares to praise the heroes in the Ohio National Guard, so letting the Campus Commie Scum have a future will cancel ours.

So, making you defend your views makes people 'control freaks'?

:290968001256257790-final:

Defend my views? If I am invited to give a speech, it is a speech, not a debate, and my opinions given in my speech should not be shut down. What is difficult to understand about that? If it is a debate, then you can debate. Yes, leftists are control freaks. That is just a fact. Lol.

So what your saying is that people should be allowed to say whatever they like and not be held to any scrutiny at all.

All your for is right-wing nutjobs spewing pure BULLSHIT without any alternate opinions.

So what you are saying is that you're not reading the posts, but just projecting what you want to believe I said.

Not that I think you'll listen, but what I'm actually saying is that you invite whomever you want to hear to speak, and you mind your own fucking business when we invite whomever WE want to hear. And if you want to have a debate, send a polite invitation to debate, and tell your public figures not to be such mealymouthed chickenshits when they get invited to one.

But no, I do not in any way feel the need to bargain for the right to free speech and free association by conceding leftists the right to insert themselves and their worldview into everything in the disguise of a "debate".

Leftists won't stand for lying bags of shit.

Yes, we're well aware that that's your cover story for your control freak behavior.

In 2009, Liberty “derecognized” the school’s chapter of College Democrats because the national Democratic Party is pro-choice, and dares to “promote the LGBT agenda.”
As the link points out Liberty will allow a Democrat organization as long as its not linked to the national party because of issues such as abortion and gay marriage

I still believe that if the gay presidential candidate wanted to give a speech at the university he would be allowed to do so

Conservatives tend to be a lot more accustomed to hearing and dealing with opposing viewpoints, since we can't possibly escape it, even should we want to.
Not true. I keep getting called a racist because you "conservatives" can't accept an opposing view relative to how non whites see the American system.
We accept your opposing view as misinformed anti white

They all do except one. Here's the answer: because he can.
The answer is that the money goes to students not Liberty U

Its the kids money that angry libs would have to take away

if they dare

The kids then spend the money at liberty U, so sorry this is incorrect.

Only if you're a leftist drone who doesn't comprehend what individual freedoms are, or why they matter.

Liberty University restricts the individual freedoms of their students. That’s a fact.

Liberty University is a private institution, and therefore irrelevant to this topic, no matter HOW much you despise them and want to twist the discussion into an attack on them.
Next libs will be saying that colleges they deem racist are not entitled to access to basic services like public utilities

They all do except one. Here's the answer: because he can.

if they dare

Only if you're a leftist drone who doesn't comprehend what individual freedoms are, or why they matter.

Liberty University restricts the individual freedoms of their students. That’s a fact.

Liberty University is a private institution, and therefore irrelevant to this topic, no matter HOW much you despise them and want to twist the discussion into an attack on them.

It demonstrates this has nothing to do with conservatives supposed commitment to freedom of speech.

So what you are saying is that you're not reading the posts, but just projecting what you want to believe I said.

Not that I think you'll listen, but what I'm actually saying is that you invite whomever you want to hear to speak, and you mind your own fucking business when we invite whomever WE want to hear. And if you want to have a debate, send a polite invitation to debate, and tell your public figures not to be such mealymouthed chickenshits when they get invited to one.

But no, I do not in any way feel the need to bargain for the right to free speech and free association by conceding leftists the right to insert themselves and their worldview into everything in the disguise of a "debate".
shit.

can't WINNER this one enough.

if they dare

It demonstrates this has nothing to do with conservatives supposed commitment to freedom of speech.
while I know you won't, can you give me specific examples of "the right" ending free speech?

Not generic commentary
not stereotype events

something specific and can be referenced.

I'm going to go get used to disappointment.

while I know you won't, can you give me specific examples of "the right" ending free speech?

Not generic commentary
not stereotype events

Already done earlier in the thread. Don’t waste my time.

Not generic commentary
not stereotype events

I didn't have ou off ignore then. Maybe if you stopped saying stupid shit, I'd read more.

But oh well, I tried. You just speak in stereotypes and get dick bent when asked for specifics.

Not generic commentary
not stereotype events

I didn't have ou off ignore then. Maybe if you stopped saying stupid shit, I'd read more.

But oh well, I tried. You just speak in stereotypes and get dick bent when asked for specifics.

I’ve provided you enormous amounts of specifics. You’ve done nothing but act like an asshole.

Let me know if you ever get around to reading the IG report in Attkisson’s supposed hacking.

Not generic commentary
not stereotype events

I donno, who would send threats to a liberal professor?

"Security was tight as William Ayers spoke on education concerns at the University of Wyoming after a federal judge forced the school to host him.

UW President Tom Buchanan decided not to allow the current University of Illinois-Chicago professor to speak on campus over concern that veiled threats the university had received from people opposed to Ayers would result in violence."

Bill Ayers Finally Allowed To Speak

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL

Does the NFL get federal funding?
Yes.

Just How Much Money Does the NFL Rake in from Taxpayers?

The Bonds are issued by the States, not the Feds.

Another study from the Brookings Institution showed that federal taxpayers have subsidized the construction of 36 stadiums at a cost of over $3.2 billion since 2000.​

subsidizing is not funding. Again, it's due to municipal bonds being tax free.

And $3.2 billion over 20 years sounds like a lot until you realize that the same amount of money is 1/3 of the total federal expenditure in a SINGLE DAY.

Context.
It is still Federal tax dollars. Your dissembling doesn't change that fact.

It's thinking you have the right to "make" us defend our views to "earn" our First Amendment rights which makes you a control freak.

Not generic commentary
not stereotype events

I’ve provided you enormous amounts of specifics. You’ve done nothing but act like an asshole.

Let me know if you ever get around to reading the IG report in Attkisson’s supposed hacking.
Dude...

I have told you already, for you I'm not acting.

And I'm quite familiar with the case. But don't worry, you can hide hehind callib her a hack.

Bye Beavis.

Forum List

Back