Trump plans to make Democrats an offer to end shutdown, not declare national emergency...

Yep. He had 2 years of complete republican control to get something done about this "national emergency", and the master negotiator failed. So now it's, let's blame the democrats.
And it's working!!!

:laughing0301:

Melt

Cry

:laughing0301:
In your simple mind, I'm sure it is.

But, I doubt those that aren't getting a paycheck would agree.

Then again, if you believe the nitwit-in-chief, you beleve they are behind him.

Trump is winning the perception war right now, support for a wall is trending up on the right, and support for a compromise is trending up with those on the left

It's looking more and more like Democrats will be forced to come to the table, which is good news for America

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/trump-saturday-speech-shutdown/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

(CNN) — President Donald Trump plans to offer Democrats another proposal to end the shutdown when he addresses the nation from the White House on Saturday afternoon -- what officials are describing as his third offer to end the shutdown, according to a senior administration official.

The official told CNN that Trump's idea is to put something on the table to get Democrats to engage with negotiations. Trump is not expected to back down from his demand for a border wall, but the plan will seek to entice Democrats by offering other concessions.

Why would anyone believe anything Trump says?

Is Mexico paying for the wall?

My son is a Coast Guard petty officer. And believe me they want the wall. Democrats will never break them. They fight human trafficking and drug smuggling every day.
And yes they pull drowning people out of the water. Now I know what you are going to say...people are going to drown anyway. People are going to drown when there are no Coast Guard nearby. But at least they do what they can...for low pay. Or no pay at the moment.

Does it bother your son the level of hate that people have for him and his fellow Coasties as well as their fellow DHS employees?

Does he know there are people on here hoping he goes two years without a paycheck?

He is bothered by foreign citizens being put above his welfare. Period. He is ready to hold out for as long as it takes. I spoke to him this morning.
BTW...though he talks about it to me he wont speak of it to anyone else. He does believe it isnt his place as a serving enlisted. I should honor that.
I will say this..he said the people of California (or at least the citizens in the area of his base) have been fantastic. Donut shops delivering free breakfasts and local stores are dropping off groceries. Even diapers. He is singing the praise of Californians and their generosity all politics aside.

no doubt one way or another trump will give the dems exactly what they want
with this president, I doubt it

he has to give them something, but no way they get "everything they want"
Wonder if he will offer citizenship to millions again?
In that case incentive is everything.
Trump wasn't the one who offered citizenship to millions, was it?
actually yes he did

TRUMP TWEETS that he wants DACA amnesty and Dems DON’T!!!

There are not millions in DACA. Check your self before you wreck yourself!
Other illegals PLUS DACA. Happened in 2017 i believe but could be wrong.

Why not a border barrier (wall, fence,whatever)?

Many say because it will be ineffective. Many think it's a necessity and will be effective. My question to those against the border barrier is what harm will it do? Is it really worth keeping the government "shut down" to say no to the border barrier.

Lets be real, both sides have the power to end the government shutdown. Trump can cave in, but then there will certainly not be funding for more border barrier. NP and the house can end the shutdown for 2-3 billion for new border barrier, a lot of money, but hardly a blip on total national spending.

The truth is that the fight is not really about the border barrier, it's about the presidential election in 2020. If Trump fights and gets his "wall", his chance of winning reelection increases greatly. If he had caved in December, like he almost did, he could had kissed his chances of reelection goodbye because he would have lost his base. And of course the real reason NP and the dems don't want to appropriate money for the border barrier is that it would be a win for Trump, possibly giving him a second term. They want a dem sitting in the oval.

If someone could wave a magic wand and remove the politics of the next presidential election, a compromise would be quite easy to reach and the shutdown would be over.
what harm will it do?
$5B wasted.
This is 1B. Multiply by 5.
one-billion-dollars.jpg

That's chump change compared to a $4 trillion budget.

My school district in Florida had a budget more then the what he is asking for the border wall! There would be 6 times those pallets full of money depicted above, and that was 10 years ago.

Obama snuck more than that to Iran on pallets.

Yes
He offered it to DACA recipients. Which is way less than millions. And in the same breath he proposed to take it away from future immigrants under the chain migration and Diversity Lottery.
Is that the time you meant?

Yes
He offered it to DACA recipients. Which is way less than millions. And in the same breath he proposed to take it away from future immigrants under the chain migration and Diversity Lottery.
Is that the time you meant?
One time, his offer for amnesty qent beyond DACA.

My son is a Coast Guard petty officer. And believe me they want the wall. Democrats will never break them. They fight human trafficking and drug smuggling every day.
And yes they pull drowning people out of the water. Now I know what you are going to say...people are going to drown anyway. People are going to drown when there are no Coast Guard nearby. But at least they do what they can...for low pay. Or no pay at the moment.

Does it bother your son the level of hate that people have for him and his fellow Coasties as well as their fellow DHS employees?

Does he know there are people on here hoping he goes two years without a paycheck?

He is bothered by foreign citizens being put above his welfare. Period. He is ready to hold out for as long as it takes. I spoke to him this morning.
BTW...though he talks about it to me he wont speak of it to anyone else. He does believe it isnt his place as a serving enlisted. I should honor that.
I will say this..he said the people of California (or at least the citizens in the area of his base) have been fantastic. Donut shops delivering free breakfasts and local stores are dropping off groceries. Even diapers. He is singing the praise of Californians and their generosity all politics aside.

That seems to be a common theme around all areas with large Fed employee populations.

If Trump has to declare building a wall the national emergency he should. At this long rate of holding the government employees hostage. While democrat leaders laugh it off going on vacations. Plus it ends the shutdown charade democrats have done. Now with the news showing these new "caravans". Start building cause the people voted for it.

Trump is winning the perception war right now, support for a wall is trending up on the right, and support for a compromise is trending up with those on the left

It's looking more and more like Democrats will be forced to come to the table, which is good news for America

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/trump-saturday-speech-shutdown/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

(CNN) — President Donald Trump plans to offer Democrats another proposal to end the shutdown when he addresses the nation from the White House on Saturday afternoon -- what officials are describing as his third offer to end the shutdown, according to a senior administration official.

The official told CNN that Trump's idea is to put something on the table to get Democrats to engage with negotiations. Trump is not expected to back down from his demand for a border wall, but the plan will seek to entice Democrats by offering other concessions.

So, Trump is gonna go on nation wide LIVE TV, again, and make a fool out of himself & America, again.

Anyone surprised?

I'm not.

I do not expect he will offer anything of substance in his so-called deal. He's really shown colossal stupidity picking this fight that should have began and ended with his inability to get anything from a republican congress.
What are Dims offering "of substance?" $5 billion is only a fifth of what it will take to build a complete border wall.

If they go with the steel slats solution I believe it will cover it all and have additional funds for manpower and technologies.
Cover all what? The concrete wall is the the only real solution. You've seen the existing steal slat walls. They are rusting away.

Are we doubling down on somebody else's ignorance?

there are 235 million legal age voters and trump got what,,,62 million???

closer to 25%
you are just being a jacksas!

Hey, shit dumbass! If you don't smoke, are you a smoker? No. Of course not!

If you don't vote, you are not a voter.

You must be a progressive hunter for mating purposes, because you are dumber than they are!

they are still legal voters,,, what you are referring to is votes cast

No, you are being a jackass.
doesnt mean its not true

I have already proven it is not true. You are just being an argumentative jackass with no common sense.

Well, a Tweet oughta do it. Right?
I was thinking more along the lines of a valid offer made to reps of Congress, like happened a year ago and Trump rejected, two days after saying on national television that he would sign whatever Congress agreed to.
The Pres let us down. He would have gotten his 5B. He could have battled on for his other immigration reforms the next time. The Wall would be under construction by now.
But Trump said NO.

When did he veto the bill passed by Congress?

Why do you lie?

BTW, the wall is under construction.
Were you living in a cave that week? I am not lying.

Great! Show me a link to Trump vetoing the bill.
He refused the deal in negotiations. Remember? I never said he vetoed a bill. You did.

You said Congress passed it and he refused to go along. The only way he could do that is to veto the bill. No such bill was passed for him to even consider vetoing.

Now, back to my question: Why do you lie?

there are 235 million legal age voters and trump got what,,,62 million???

closer to 25%

You must be a progressive hunter for mating purposes, because you are dumber than they are!

doesnt mean its not true

I have already proven it is not true. You are just being an argumentative jackass with no common sense.

no you didnt,,,all you did was confirm that the majority of americans didnt want him cause he only got 25% of the vote

and I was stating facts not arguing,,,

doesnt mean its not true

no you didnt,,,all you did was confirm that the majority of americans didnt want him cause he only got 25% of the vote

Hey shit for brains, if you don't vote, it doesn't count, because you are not a "voter". You are a registered voter, but with that and $1.00 you can get a large soft drink at McDonald's!

Trump thinks out of the box, so this will probably surprise all of us. Prescription drug deal? Pot legalization? Infrastructure in certain areas?

Was he thinking out of the box with all his bankruptcies and hooker hush money? It's clear now he's a p.o.s. but the democrats need to pay him his bribe since he has the upper hand.

doesnt mean its not true

Hey shit for brains, if you don't vote, it doesn't count, because you are not a "voter". You are a registered voter, but with that and $1.00 you can get a large soft drink at McDonald's!
depends on why they didnt vote,,,and most people I talk to that dont vote say its because they would never vote for a democrat and republican,,

I do try and educate them that there are other options besides the nazi and communist partys

so at the end of the day the majority of americans didnt want trump as POTUS

and whats with all the name calling??? are you a 12 yr old ??

Forum List

Back