Trump pledges to protect Americans and end birthright citizenship by executive order on day one.

Because they and native Americans were the only ones excluded from receiving citizenship at birth like every one else. The 14th Amendment simply makes it explicit that we're going to stop denying black people the thing we've given to everyone else.

..... whose parents didn't break into our country.

Then they arent originalists.

They 14th was made for a specific group of people. You know this.
And that is not a "fact." Good luck proving that.
The concept of naturalization has always been a conversation. Like children being birthed during foreign occupation.
If you could ask the authors whether the 14th amendment applied to illegal aliens, they’d ask you WTF is an illegal alien.

All that’s left is the actual text and what words mean. If you think you can use intent to override the text, then the constitution is meaningless since anyone can claim anything they want about what the authors “intended”.

And that’s exactly what we get from originalists.

That's because the left and their activist judges have abused it. It should have been written like a warning label on products so the left couldn't twist it to include illegal aliens, queers and extraterrestrials.

You need to make up your mind. Either we go by what is clearly written or everything is open to interpretation.

Which is it?

I also seem to recall the words (well regulated) in that Amendment.
Does it say “regulated by Father Government”?
Speaking of intent, do you believe the founders intended the people to own guns to protect themselves against government yet allow government to regulate their guns? You can’t possibly be that retarded… Are you?

If you could ask the authors whether the 14th amendment applied to illegal aliens, they’d ask you WTF is an illegal alien.

All that’s left is the actual text and what words mean. If you think you can use intent to override the text, then the constitution is meaningless since anyone can claim anything they want about what the authors “intended”.

Ahh ok. So the concept isnt what you are actually referring to. Its the words. LOL
:heehee:
And, no, that isnt how it works. Intent and debate has been well documented since the Founding.

I'm a legitimate American and I think we need them. Most of the jobs that are unfilled are low skill jobs. Jobs you and I won't do and even your kids won't. Dirty jobs. Minimum wage jobs.

Social security is set to expire the year I retire at age 62. We need workers pumping in money to the system so I can get paid. I know what's going to happen. Republicans in 10 years are going to cut everyone's social security 20% in order to "save" the program. You guys want to talk about being taxed? Imagine if I get $200 taken out of my monthly retirement every month for the rest of my life. For what? So rich people and corporations can pay less taxes? So Republicans can lie us into another costly war? That money could have gone into social security.

The number of job openings decreased to 9.6 million on the last business day of March

We need 10 million more immigrants. And YOU need to stop having so many kids because we are overpopulated. So rather than give birth to more babies who are worthless, you have fewer kids and we import people who are ready to work on day one.
Low paid people cost society more than they add. Even our own poor cost us more than they put in. So now we should add more?

So clearly they didn't include illegal aliens since they didn't exist.
Thank you.

The amendment in question was not at our founding
It deals with the fact that the only children born here and not recognized as Americans at the Founding were blacks and natives. There was no such thing as illegal aliens. The new world wanted all the laborers and bodies it could get. The 14th Amendment was meant to address the only people excluded from that franchise.

Forum List

Back