Trump refuses to disavow KKK

Trump lied
On Friday he clearly knew who Duke was, on Sunday he stated he didn't have any idea who Duke was

The issue is not that Trump lied, which he very clearly did
but WHY did he lie?

Super Tuesday primaries in former Jim Crow states, Trump did not want to alienate the racists

You are already alienated.

And can you show the quote where Donald Trump said he didn't know who David Duke was? He didn't say that in the video, so I don't know what you're basing that on.

Also, being stupid as shit, Democrats can't separate factual information from positions. I'm not arguing for Trump or that he is telling the truth. I'm just saying that what you and Candy are saying are lies regarding that video. He didn't say what you both keep saying he said.

Trump is an idiot, or at least he's trying to appeal to them. You don't have to change what he said to mock him. In fact, it's far more effective to mock him for the things he actually said. You are both showing your concern is your agenda, not the truth. I care about the truth, even if it ends up defending politicians I don't like. I'm not worried about needing to twist things, I think the truth stands on it's own

“Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with CNN. “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists.”

How can Trump not know anything?

Duke endorsed him on Thursday. Trump was asked on Friday and knew who David Duke was. By Sunday, Trump claimed ignorance

Trump lied

"I don't know anything about David Duke." That does not mean he doesn't know who he is. Just that he doesn't know anything about him. I'm curious why you and Candy are bothered by what he actually said so much that you can't even accurately say what he said.

I'm sure Trump is aware he was in the KKK, I think everyone knows that. Is that enough to condemn him big guy? That he was in the KKK? Do you condemn Robert Byrd? He was in the KKK

Timeline

Thursday: David Duke endorses Trump
Friday: Trump refutes the endorsement
Sunday morning: Trump claims "I don't know anything about David Duke"
Sunday afternoon: Both Democrats and Republicans condemn him
Sunday night: Trump claims...of course I refute the endorsement

Trump lied

That makes the two of you even. I don't see why you lied then when you had him. Facts just don't mean anything to you, do they? It's all about totalitarian partisanship. Democrats have to be right and Republicans wrong in every situation at all times and you can't be honest even if you're right. It's very odd to me. I think all the parties suck, even the Libertarian party and their endless purity tests

Trump was afraid to lose the southern racist vote on Tuesday so he lied to roll back his position on Duke
Today he is lying to cover up his political blunder

“Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with CNN. “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists.”

Duke endorsed him on Thursday. Trump was asked on Friday and knew who David Duke was. By Sunday, Trump claimed ignorance

Trump lied

"I don't know anything about David Duke." That does not mean he doesn't know who he is. Just that he doesn't know anything about him. I'm curious why you and Candy are bothered by what he actually said so much that you can't even accurately say what he said.

I'm sure Trump is aware he was in the KKK, I think everyone knows that. Is that enough to condemn him big guy? That he was in the KKK? Do you condemn Robert Byrd? He was in the KKK

He's lying. That's all there is to it.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period."

You're defending Trump by comparing him to someone you would never vote for.

Brilliant.

I probably won't vote from trump either. It may finally make me vote for whatever "Big L" libertarian makes it onto the NY ballot just for shits and giggles

Trump is a symptom of our overall political malaise, not a cause. More and more, I am starting to thing we have to burn a few things down (metaphorically) before we can restore them to what they were.

Yes, Trump is the wrong solution to a legitimate problem. Many Republicans are tired of the endless crappy establishment Republicans who are barely different than Democrats the Republican party keeps nominating. Trump comes in with his middle finger raised and they respond to that.

Problem is his policies are terrible. We need a Reagan conservative, not a moonbat. Ironic that for me the candidates who drove me out of the party are the ones who inspired the Trump followers, but Trump is driving me out with his moonbat policies. I want a fiscal conservative.

My only hope is that Trump is reving up Cruz and Rubio. I'm on the fence about voting for each of them, but Trump by getting them out of the zone that Republican candidates have been in could inspire them in the right direction. But Trump I won't vote for. I want change, but not nuts

You are already alienated.

And can you show the quote where Donald Trump said he didn't know who David Duke was? He didn't say that in the video, so I don't know what you're basing that on.

Also, being stupid as shit, Democrats can't separate factual information from positions. I'm not arguing for Trump or that he is telling the truth. I'm just saying that what you and Candy are saying are lies regarding that video. He didn't say what you both keep saying he said.

Trump is an idiot, or at least he's trying to appeal to them. You don't have to change what he said to mock him. In fact, it's far more effective to mock him for the things he actually said. You are both showing your concern is your agenda, not the truth. I care about the truth, even if it ends up defending politicians I don't like. I'm not worried about needing to twist things, I think the truth stands on it's own

Trump lied

Timeline

Trump lied

That makes the two of you even. I don't see why you lied then when you had him. Facts just don't mean anything to you, do they? It's all about totalitarian partisanship. Democrats have to be right and Republicans wrong in every situation at all times and you can't be honest even if you're right. It's very odd to me. I think all the parties suck, even the Libertarian party and their endless purity tests

Trump was afraid to lose the southern racist vote on Tuesday so he lied to roll back his position on Duke

That could be true. Hillary's sure reeling in the Democrat racists.

Doesn't explain why you had to lie about what he said. Why did you lie when you are sure you had him on the truth, big guy? That makes no sense to me

All of the welfare programs designed to help poor people just enough to keep them poor, and you single out Medicaid?

Haaaaaacccccckkkkkkk!
12733524_10153448184657776_7755584700241733817_n.jpg
12079113_10153447218937776_1383995954088861825_n.png
45552.jpg

Wow, what a Jesus Freak you are.

He's lying. That's all there is to it.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period."

You're defending Trump by comparing him to someone you would never vote for.

Brilliant.

I probably won't vote from trump either. It may finally make me vote for whatever "Big L" libertarian makes it onto the NY ballot just for shits and giggles

Trump is a symptom of our overall political malaise, not a cause. More and more, I am starting to thing we have to burn a few things down (metaphorically) before we can restore them to what they were.

Yes, Trump is the wrong solution to a legitimate problem. Many Republicans are tired of the endless crappy establishment Republicans who are barely different than Democrats the Republican party keeps nominating. Trump comes in with his middle finger raised and they respond to that.

Problem is his policies are terrible. We need a Reagan conservative, not a moonbat. Ironic that for me the candidates who drove me out of the party are the ones who inspired the Trump followers, but Trump is driving me out with his moonbat policies. I want a fiscal conservative.

My only hope is that Trump is reving up Cruz and Rubio. I'm on the fence about voting for each of them, but Trump by getting them out of the zone that Republican candidates have been in could inspire them in the right direction. But Trump I won't vote for. I want change, but not nuts

Sometimes you have to destroy the village in order to save it. A Trump presidency will probably lead to a major re-shuffling of the american political landscape. I am not looking forward to it, but it may be what the country needs.

Or we can go with Hillary and get 4-8 more years of the same government increase, the same attack on our 2nd amendment rights, and the same kowtowing to the SJW types.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Trump lied

Timeline

Trump lied

Doesn't explain why you had to lie about what he said. Why did you lie when you are sure you had him on the truth, big guy? That makes no sense to me

I was completely truthful about Trumps comments

Print the whole exchange and show where I was wrong

Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with CNN. “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists.”

Spin that

If you don't have to lie, why are you?

He mentioned Duke by name for the reason he wanted nothing to do with the reform party

That didn't contradict what I said.

Your lie was that you said he said that he didn't know who David Duke was. He didnt' say that, he said he didn't know anything about him.

If having been in the KKK was enough to condemn Duke, do you condemn Robert KKK Byrd? Is that your standard? Participation in the KKK? Frankly that's all I know about David Duke, he was in the KKK. He's pretty irrelevant to me

Yes I condemn Robert Byrd for his racism. I commend him for eventually changing for the better.

Happy now, fuckwit?

He changed from the hard racism of segregation to the soft racism of lowered expectations and nanny stateism.

How wonderful for him!

More whites than blacks are helped by government programs for the poor.

But only with Blacks did Dems get a reliable voter block they can continue to patronize for votes.

Speaking of which, did you see how Hillary got more of the black vote in 2016 than Obama did in either 2008 or 2012 in South Carolina?

Your lie was that you said he said that he didn't know who David Duke was. He didnt' say that, he said he didn't know anything about him.

If having been in the KKK was enough to condemn Duke, do you condemn Robert KKK Byrd? Is that your standard? Participation in the KKK? Frankly that's all I know about David Duke, he was in the KKK. He's pretty irrelevant to me

Yes I condemn Robert Byrd for his racism. I commend him for eventually changing for the better.

Happy now, fuckwit?

He changed from the hard racism of segregation to the soft racism of lowered expectations and nanny stateism.

How wonderful for him!

But only with Blacks did Dems get a reliable voter block they can continue to patronize for votes.

Speaking of which, did you see how Hillary got more of the black vote in 2016 than Obama did in either 2008 or 2012 in South Carolina?

Hillary's more racist even than Barrack Hussein Obama?

Timeline

Trump lied

Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with CNN. “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists.”

Spin that

Show where Trump said he "never heard of" David Duke. That was a lie, big guy, it was a complete and utter fabrication. He didn't say that. He said he didn't know anything about David Duke. He didn't say he'd never heard of him. I have no idea why Duke left the KKK. Does it matter or is that he was in the KKK enough?

Speaking of which, Robert KKK Byrd was in the KKK, do you condemn him? You're a liar and a hypocrite

He has disavowed and all that. I think we all know this is just politics now, how effectively the Dems can leverage this politically.

Conservatives are really sure they want to run this guy, huh?

He did? He said that he had a bad ear piece. After he said he didn't know who David Duke was. After (2 days prior) commenting on David Duke....

Perhaps he should disavow him again just so he can be sure he did it; it sounds as though he is starting to lose his mind.
He "tweeted" something.

Trump Tweets a Clarification That Yes, He Disavows Ex-KKK Leader’s Endorsement

I'm sure he'll backtrack and try to fix. That's his track record so far - say crazy shit to keep certain people happy and then deal with it later somehow.

This is only gonna get worse.

Fortunately we only have 8 more months to go.

If I was Hillary, I'd take an 8 month vacation and just let the guy self-destruct.
Agreed.

Happy now, fuckwit?

How wonderful for him!

2012 doesn't count because he had no real challenger, but you are hack-ey enough to include it.

And as for 2008 vs. 2016

First 2016:

Hillary: 271,514: Bernie: 95,977 Other: 2,035

Then 2008:

Obama: 295,091 55.4% Clinton 141,128 Edwards 93,552 Other: 2,456.

The addition of Edwards makes any comparison unreliable. Now granted these are not raced based, but the "% of black voters" is based on exit polling, not actual numbers.

Timeline

Trump lied

Spin that

Show where Trump said he "never heard of" David Duke. That was a lie, big guy, it was a complete and utter fabrication. He didn't say that. He said he didn't know anything about David Duke. He didn't say he'd never heard of him. I have no idea why Duke left the KKK. Does it matter or is that he was in the KKK enough?

Speaking of which, Robert KKK Byrd was in the KKK, do you condemn him? You're a liar and a hypocrite

I don’t know anything about David Duke

Happy now, fuckwit?

How wonderful for him!

2012 doesn't count because he had no real challenger, but you are hack-ey enough to include it.

And as for 2008 vs. 2016

First 2016:

Then 2008:

The addition of Edwards makes any comparison unreliable. Now granted these are not raced based, but the "% of black voters" is based on exit polling, not actual numbers.

Yeah but what you and your messiah are banking on are blacks not showing up.
Roh Roh

Spin that

Exactly, and you lied that he said he'd never heard of him. Seriously, I don't understand why you felt it was necessary to lie about what Trump said. What benefit to Democrats was there in lying about it? What were you even trying to gain. When you turn that he doesn't know anything about Duke to that he never heard of Duke, it makes you look stupid. Why would you want to detract from what Trump is doing to himself? Wouldn't you want to highlight that rather than helping him out by lying about what he said?

Timeline

Trump lied

Spin that

You're flailing. If Trump 'didn't know anything' about David Duke,

he wouldn't know he was ever in the KKK, he wouldn't know where he was from, what his politics were, what his views on race were, whether he was alive or dead, what color he was...

Get it?

Spin that

Exactly, and you lied that he said he'd never heard of him. Seriously, I don't understand why you felt it was necessary to lie about what Trump said. What benefit to Democrats was there in lying about it? What were you even trying to gain. When you turn that he doesn't know anything about Duke to that he never heard of Duke, it makes you look stupid. Why would you want to detract from what Trump is doing to himself? Wouldn't you want to highlight that rather than helping him out by lying about what he said?

Trump:

In 2000, Trump called Duke “a Klansman” when the businessman decided to end his exploration of a run for president, according to The New York Times.

“The Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke,” Trump said in a statement. “This is not company I wish to keep.”

Still want to stick to your story that Trump wasn't lying when he said he didn't know anything about David Duke?

moron.

How wonderful for him!

And as for 2008 vs. 2016

First 2016:

Then 2008:

Yeah but what you and your messiah are banking on are blacks not showing up.
Roh Roh

Who said I was voting fro Trump?

Forum List

Back