Trump, Seriously

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
One of the few publications I subscribe to, the print edition, is The Spectator magazine, founded in 1828. The latest issue, has The Donald on the front cover, which thankfully non-subscribers can read at their website.

So, I thought I'd post a link to it, for people to read, it's quite good I think....also, to the right of the page, the other Spectator articles and Opinion Pieces can be read, they're quite good too, so I recommend you read them.

Donald Trump offers only gloom, insults and arrogance - and America loves him for it

"Ronald Reagan wooed America with sunny optimism. From the offset, Donald Trump has offered something much darker. He began his presidential campaign on 16 June by declaring that the ‘American dream is dead.’ He said that the country was being run by ‘losers’. ‘We have people that don’t have it,’ he said. ‘We have people that are morally corrupt. We have people that are selling this country down the drain.’ He insisted that only he, Donald J. Trump, had what it took ‘to make America great again’.

This was not ‘Morning in America’; more Midnight in America. Trump’s pitch was gloom, insults and arrogance. Strangely enough, however, that turned out to be exactly what millions of American voters wanted to hear. By trashing the United States and comparing his country unfavourably to himself, Trump tapped into something deep and powerful in the American psyche. Now there are only a few days left before the presidential election process starts, and ‘The Donald’ continues to storm the polls. He probably won’t be president, but it now looks as if he probably will be the Republican nominee — the heir to Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Eisenhower. It’s a mind-boggling phenomenon."

Here's the full article:

Donald Trump offers only gloom, insults and arrogance - and America loves him for it

• Banned
One of the few publications I subscribe to, the print edition, is The Spectator magazine, founded in 1828. The latest issue, has The Donald on the front cover, which thankfully non-subscribers can read at their website.

So, I thought I'd post a link to it, for people to read, it's quite good I think....also, to the right of the page, the other Spectator articles and Opinion Pieces can be read, they're quite good too, so I recommend you read them.

"Ronald Reagan wooed America with sunny optimism. From the offset, Donald Trump has offered something much darker. He began his presidential campaign on 16 June by declaring that the ‘American dream is dead.’ He said that the country was being run by ‘losers’. ‘We have people that don’t have it,’ he said. ‘We have people that are morally corrupt. We have people that are selling this country down the drain.’ He insisted that only he, Donald J. Trump, had what it took ‘to make America great again’.

This was not ‘Morning in America’; more Midnight in America. Trump’s pitch was gloom, insults and arrogance. Strangely enough, however, that turned out to be exactly what millions of American voters wanted to hear. By trashing the United States and comparing his country unfavourably to himself, Trump tapped into something deep and powerful in the American psyche. Now there are only a few days left before the presidential election process starts, and ‘The Donald’ continues to storm the polls. He probably won’t be president, but it now looks as if he probably will be the Republican nominee — the heir to Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Eisenhower. It’s a mind-boggling phenomenon."

Here's the full article:

I love the cartoon. Go Trump!

Trump_SE.jpg

MPs divided in debate on whether to ban Donald Trump from the UK

The Labour MP also suggested Mr Trump could use a future visit to the UK to point out the London neighbourhoods he claimed were no-go areas.

Conservative Sir Edward Leigh warned that banning the Republican would only “play into Mr Trump’s hands”.

Paul Scully, Conservative MP for Sutton and Cheam, said he had never heard of a case for banning someone from the UK for “stupidity”.

But Labour's Tulip Siddiq claimed there had been a rise in hate crimes since Mr Trump's comments and branded him a "corrosive and poisonous man".

She said: "His words are not comical. His words are not funny. His words are poisonous. They risk inflaming tension between vulnerable communities.

VIDEO

Lucy, if you were born here...instead of in "Europa"....you'd be one of the spry young republican co-eds in a dark blue pants suit eagerly taking notes during a Karl Rove Q&A at the local branch of your state college ( which taxpayers subsidize ) and dreaming of an internship at some GOP think tank.

Ahhhh.....to be young again!

• Banned
Lucy, if you were born here...instead of in "Europa"....you'd be one of the spry young republican co-eds in a dark blue pants suit eagerly taking notes during a Karl Rove Q&A at the local branch of your state college ( which taxpayers subsidize ) and dreaming of an internship at some GOP think tank.

Gosh darling, what a wonderful compliment :wink: Yes, the internship, well it'd have to be a GOP think tank with the tall, handsome men in, yes, I'm a girl, so I'm very shallow :dev2:

• Banned

The Labour MP also suggested Mr Trump could use a future visit to the UK to point out the London neighbourhoods he claimed were no-go areas.

Conservative Sir Edward Leigh warned that banning the Republican would only “play into Mr Trump’s hands”.

Paul Scully, Conservative MP for Sutton and Cheam, said he had never heard of a case for banning someone from the UK for “stupidity”.

But Labour's Tulip Siddiq claimed there had been a rise in hate crimes since Mr Trump's comments and branded him a "corrosive and poisonous man".

She said: "His words are not comical. His words are not funny. His words are poisonous. They risk inflaming tension between vulnerable communities.

VIDEO

Labour MPs stupid people, also how can we possibly take anything anyone says seriously when they have a name like Tulip....TULIP.

Not as bad as Moon Unit Zappa....but, well, you know :rolleyes-41:

VIDEO

Wacko UK leftist banned Michael Savage. Not sure how they have time for such sillyness?

Gosh darling, what a wonderful compliment :wink: Yes, the internship, well it'd have to be a GOP think tank with the tall, handsome men in, yes, I'm a girl, so I'm very shallow :dev2:

Nice try at playing the victim. Very republican of you. You are shallow.....because you are shallow. Your mons venus has nothing to do with it.

• Banned

VIDEO

Wacko UK leftist banned Michael Savage. Not sure how they have time for such sillyness?

Who is Michael Savage? Please.

VIDEO

The Leftists in UK also don't like the brilliant and articulate Geert Wilders, another who tells it like it is....which is now why the PVV The Party of Freedom are leading in the polls and he's popular throughout Europa.

Go Trump! Go Wilders!

geertwilders1-e1417327160538.jpg

Here's the full article:

If Trump is nominated, it's going to leave a lot of Republicans out in the cold. For real conservatives, supporting Trump would be like the KKK supporting JFK.

Trump supporters are basically authoritarians who may be Republicans, Democrats, or Independents. They are looking for a kick ass president whose not going to let the little things like the constitution, laws, courts, or world opinion stand in his way.

Nice try at playing the victim. Very republican of you. You are shallow.....because you are shallow. Your mons venus has nothing to do with it.

:confused-84:

You are a bad person, I make nice comment to you and you respond like POS, which says much about your shallowness and not shallow in the good manner.

Here's the full article:

If Trump is nominated, it's going to leave a lot of Republicans out in the cold. For real conservatives, supporting Trump would be like the KKK supporting JFK.

Trump supporters are basically authoritarians who may be Republicans, Democrats, or Independents. They are looking for a kick ass president whose not going to let the little things like the constitution, laws, courts, or world opinion stand in his way.

Huh? Like Obama has cared about the Constitution, laws, courts or world opinion.

You are a bad person, I make nice comment to you and you respond like POS, which says much about your shallowness and not shallow in the good manner.

That was a nice comment? It didn't translate.

That was a nice comment? It didn't translate.

Yes and also some humour. As you're obviously devoid of being nice and devoid of any humour, of course it's not going to translate.

What should we expect, from you who thinks suicide bombs are FUNNY....that's what YOU call humour....suicide bombs.

Huh? Like Obama has cared about the Constitution, laws, courts or world opinion.

How exactly has Obama defied the Constitution, laws, courts and world opinion?

His poll standing within the U.S. is higher than GWB at the 7th year of term.
Worldwide opinion is very positive as well
Do you think that the rabid hatred of Obama by the right wing nitwits would NOT have brought charges (with a right wing leaning Supreme Court) against him had Obama defied the Constitution?

Here's the full article:

Obama is not running for president. His use of presidential authority is questionable as has been the case with many presidents. However, there would be no question as to the unconstitutionality of Trump's proposals. For Trump the more unconstitutional, the more politically incorrect, the more racist, and the more religiously bigoted his comments are, the more his supporters love him. They want a kick ass president as Palin commented. They don't want somebody that's going to let a constitutional amendment, law, or the courts stop him.

Thanks. I am going to try and listen to him, I don't know about Mark Levin, I heard he trashed The Donald the other day.

Yes he was trashing Trump about his blind support of Ethanol and about some cheap shots at Cruz. I can't say I disagree. Ethanol is nothing but crony capitalism run amok (damages car motors) etc. Trump pandered to it simply to get thru Iowa. This seems like something a DemWitt would do. sigh.

The remaining 95% of Trump is still good. If he accomplishes only 10 miles of border and some stepped up guards, it will be more than 24 straight years of lies and spin. Trump is only one who can quickly grow GDP. Trump will also slow ME invasion of USA. IF he does not? we lose nothing.

Forum List

Back