Trump should have done the debate, AIPAC will be a huge embarresment

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
The AIPAC meeting will be a huge embarrassment. Not only will Hillary & Ted get polite receptions, tyhere will be a huge walkout for Trump.

He really should have done the debate. he would only have humiliated himself. He wouldn't have others get in the fun
When Trump Speaks at AIPAC, Let's All Walk Out
"
Whatever else he may do to our political landscape, Trump also presents us, particularly us American Jews, with a golden opportunity. For decades, we’ve allowed our core ethical principles to ossify into talking points. We spoke of tikkun olam, a principle so ephemeral and universal it equally applies to Jews, Zoroastrians, and fans of the Detroit Tigers, offering little by way of real theological guidance. When we took up real causes—Israel, say, or the economy, or racial justice—we often chose to do it from within the well-dug trenches of party lines or ideological divides. Trump gives us a chance to come together over a very basic principle and say that as Jews—secular and religious, Democrats and Republicans, poets and podiatrists—we feel compelled by the very tenets of our faith to reject a man who lacks any respect for the very principles of pluralism that have made this country such a welcoming home for Jews and have allowed us to thrive here for more than two centuries.

There’s not much we can do, sadly, to curb Trump’s rise; democracies let voters make their own choices, even if these choices are ruinous for them and for the nation. But there’s one symbolic action we can, and must, take: when Trump swaggers on to the podium Monday night, let us leave. Not one or two but all of us, not a trickle but a torrent. Let him speak to an empty room, and let the cable news channels carrying the latest Trump spectacle marvel that one group of Americans—not particularly large, not particularly influential—had the courage to say enough to this shameful circus of lies and violence, turn its back, literally, to this dangerous demagogue, and walk out. "

That AIPAC and other jewish lobbies have controlled US politics for decades is an embarrassment. The Donald is the first with the popular support and independent wealth to break their stranglehold. Get 'em out!

That AIPAC and other jewish lobbies have controlled US politics for decades is an embarrassment. The Donald is the first with the popular support and independent wealth to break their stranglehold. Get 'em out!
Then why is Trump pandering to them?

I still don't get why so many American Jews support Democrats. That Party turned its back on Israel a long time ago. Most Left Wing Democrats are vehemently Anti-Israel. Yet most American Jews continue to support the Party. Personally, I view them as Uncle Toms at this point.

And Trump hasn't said or done anything to insult the Jewish People. Yes, he does oppose Illegal Immigration, but so do millions & millions of other Americans. That doesn't make him a 'Racist' in any way. So, any 'walk-out' will only do a disservice to Israel and the Jewish People. Hopefully, common sense and decency will prevail. He should be heard.

I still don't get why so many American Jews support Democrats. That Party turned its back on Israel a long time ago. Most Left Wing Democrats are vehemently Anti-Israel. Yet most American Jews continue to support the Party. Personally, I view them as Uncle Toms at this point.

And Trump hasn't said or done anything to insult the Jewish People. Yes, he does oppose Illegal Immigration, but so do millions & millions of other Americans. That doesn't make him a 'Racist' in any way. So, any 'walk-out' will only do a disservice to Israel and the Jewish People. Hopefully, common sense and decency will prevail. He should be heard.

Because Jews are smart enough to see past a bunch of made up accusations, and recognize the lack of integrity it takes to produce those lies.

Votes, duh
The assertion was made that Trump already had the popular support needed. Try to keep up.
Someone else's assumptions dictate Trump's campaign? Try to exercise common sense

Because Jews are smart enough to see past a bunch of made up accusations, and recognize the lack of integrity it takes to produce those lies.

The man has never insulted Isreal or the Jewish People. Opposing Illegal Immigration does not make you a 'Racist.' Those accusations are the lies. American Jews really do need to reconsider their support for the Democrat Party. It's a Party that's turned its back on Israel.

Votes, duh
The assertion was made that Trump already had the popular support needed. Try to keep up.
Someone else's assumptions dictate Trump's campaign? Try to exercise common sense
Lol, are you off your meds gramps? Why do you think I asked the question in the first place.

The AIPAC meeting will be a huge embarrassment. Not only will Hillary & Ted get polite receptions, tyhere will be a huge walkout for Trump.

He really should have done the debate. he would only have humiliated himself. He wouldn't have others get in the fun
When Trump Speaks at AIPAC, Let's All Walk Out
"
Whatever else he may do to our political landscape, Trump also presents us, particularly us American Jews, with a golden opportunity. For decades, we’ve allowed our core ethical principles to ossify into talking points. We spoke of tikkun olam, a principle so ephemeral and universal it equally applies to Jews, Zoroastrians, and fans of the Detroit Tigers, offering little by way of real theological guidance. When we took up real causes—Israel, say, or the economy, or racial justice—we often chose to do it from within the well-dug trenches of party lines or ideological divides. Trump gives us a chance to come together over a very basic principle and say that as Jews—secular and religious, Democrats and Republicans, poets and podiatrists—we feel compelled by the very tenets of our faith to reject a man who lacks any respect for the very principles of pluralism that have made this country such a welcoming home for Jews and have allowed us to thrive here for more than two centuries.

There’s not much we can do, sadly, to curb Trump’s rise; democracies let voters make their own choices, even if these choices are ruinous for them and for the nation. But there’s one symbolic action we can, and must, take: when Trump swaggers on to the podium Monday night, let us leave. Not one or two but all of us, not a trickle but a torrent. Let him speak to an empty room, and let the cable news channels carrying the latest Trump spectacle marvel that one group of Americans—not particularly large, not particularly influential—had the courage to say enough to this shameful circus of lies and violence, turn its back, literally, to this dangerous demagogue, and walk out. "

Quite the contrary. Donald Trump is the most disgusting display of GOP Presidential material to EVER hit the GOP debate platform.

He only appeals to a certain groups of people, all WHITE, angry, ignorant, bigoted people.

images

If I were a member of a minority religion in this nation, I'd be very concerned about Trump's call for exclusion and profiling of Muslims.

I believe that is where the impetus for this proposed walkout is coming from.

This nation is one that is free for religion and free from it. It is really very simple......I'm not sure why so many simpletons don't grasp this fact.

The man has never insulted Isreal or the Jewish People. Opposing Illegal Immigration does not make you a 'Racist.' Those accusations are the lies. American Jews really do need to reconsider their support for the Democrat Party. It's a Party that's turned its back on Israel.

Well, maybe it's proof that American Jews care about other issues than just Israel.

That said....I am eager to hear mr trump's address to AIPAC. I want to know if he does his standard meandering unconnected thought bubble performance.....or if he realizes the need to have prepared remarks aimed at this specific audience.

Well, maybe it's proof that American Jews care about other issues than just Israel.

Trump has never insulted Israel or the Jewish People. They have no reason to 'walk out' on him speaking. He should be heard.

Trump has never insulted Israel or the Jewish People. They have no reason to 'walk out' on him speaking. He should be heard.
He is being heard and a large segment of the population doesn't like what they are hearing irrespective of religion.

Way to totally not get the point of the post you're responding to.

Votes, duh
Lol, are you off your meds gramps? Why do you think I asked the question in the first place.
Because you didn't understand the reason ANY candidate goes anywhere.

I thought it was common knowledge that publicity, votes & photo ops are the only reason any candidate goes anywhere

That said....I am eager to hear mr trump's address to AIPAC. I want to know if he does his standard meandering unconnected thought bubble performance.....or if he realizes the need to have prepared remarks aimed at this specific audience.
How will this speech be different from any other speech?

Jewish religious practice is against large parts of Republican ideology. large numbers of Democrats are going whole hog for anti semitism. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Did you think that up as you were stealing the Whitehouse furniture?

Forum List

Back