Trump signed "Letter of Intent" to build Trump Towers "Moscow".

OMG, an international real estate company wanted to build a building in a foreign country.

That's not a problem at all, unless the head of that real estate company is running for president, and lies to cover up his Russia connections.

Well if he never got to build there, then I guess all his "Russia connections" didn't pan out.
You don't sign a letter of intent without a feasibility study that last years with such a big undertaking. Doesn't matter if it panned out. That wasn't the question.

So what does a feasibility study done by corporate lawyers about a real estate deal have to do with Donald Trump "colluding" with Russian hackers?

Sit tight. All that will be explained in the final report.

OMG, an international real estate company wanted to build a building in a foreign country.

That's not a problem at all, unless the head of that real estate company is running for president, and lies to cover up his Russia connections.

Well if he never got to build there, then I guess all his "Russia connections" didn't pan out.
You don't sign a letter of intent without a feasibility study that last years with such a big undertaking. Doesn't matter if it panned out. That wasn't the question.
There's no such thing as a "letter of intent" to build a hotel in this country, so I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, and you sure as hell don't know either.

Of course there is. Do you understand what a letter of intent is?

So what does a feasibility study done by corporate lawyers about a real estate deal have to do with Donald Trump "colluding" with Russian hackers?

I fail to see the connection between a POSSIBLE business deal and the hacking.

Of course you do. Fortunately the investigators don't have your problem

There's no such thing as a "letter of intent" to build a hotel in this country, so I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, and you sure as hell don't know either.

I understand there is no requirement for any such document when you build a hotel. If the bank approves your loan, you have purchased the land and your building permit is approved, then you can proceed.

The cons are running out of excuses. Soon they'll switch their reasoning to why working with Russia to win is OK. They've managed to move from no contact...all the way to this and they defend it all lol

The cons are running out of excuses. Soon they'll switch their reasoning to why working with Russia to win is OK. They've managed to move from no contact...all the way to this and they defend it all lol

The left will never run out of nothing burgers.

I understand there is no requirement for any such document when you build a hotel. If the bank approves your loan, you have purchased the land and your building permit is approved, then you can proceed.

Not really. If you are building a hotel in partnership with the owner of the land, and the development is looking for investors the first thing to happen would be a letter of intent that would become part of the formal prospectus. Trump doesn't own any land in Russia, he wasn't looking to buy land in Russia.

This is no contact. It's the very definition of no contact. Trump had no contact with Russia, at best and even that is a stretch, he might know someone that was looking for a deal with Russian interests and never really got any.

Not really. If you are building a hotel in partnership with the owner of the land, and the development is looking for investors the first thing to happen would be a letter of intent that would become part of the formal prospectus. Trump doesn't own any land in Russia, he wasn't looking to buy land in Russia.
That's a special situation. Generally the developer purchases the land.

So Trump just signs his name with no idea what is going on? You think he's that stupid? Really? And you voted for him?

I fail to see the connection between a POSSIBLE business deal and the hacking.

What was the connection between a failed land deal and a blue dress? Hmmmm?

Putin flipped my vote cuz, um, Trump wanted to build in Moscow, er, yeah.
Putin flipped your vote to make sure Hillary didn't get elected. Why you ask? No GOP, it's not because "she's a girl" it's because it would mean more sanctions and someone competent in the white house. Why would putin want that when he could have an easily manipulated puppet to lift sanctions that have cost their economy millions. Every time you hear trump say they discussed "Russian adoptions" that's code for SANCTIONS.
And if Trump wasn't being investigated from the start, Russian sanctions would already have been lifted for daddy vlad.

Putin flipped my vote cuz, um, Trump wanted to build in Moscow, er, yeah.
Putin flipped your vote to make sure Hillary didn't get elected. Why you ask? No GOP, it's not because "she's a girl" it's because it would mean more sanctions and someone competent in the white house. Why would putin want that when he could have an easily manipulated puppet to lift sanctions that have cost their economy millions. Every time you hear trump say they discussed "Russian adoptions" that's code for SANCTIONS.
And if Trump wasn't being investigated from the start, Russian sanctions would already have been lifted for daddy vlad.

Putin got 20% of our uranium, Hillary got $145MM like the fucking criminal she is, and thats what made you flip your vote, er, or something

This is no contact. It's the very definition of no contact. Trump had no contact with Russia, at best and even that is a stretch, he might know someone that was looking for a deal with Russian interests and never really got any.

And Paul Manafort was a campaign volunteer and Felix Sater? Who?

Just because Trump said he had no contact and then had a bunch of contacts doesn't mean either statement is wrong. Waka Waka!

Trump signed letter of intent for Russian tower during campaign, lawyer says

Four months into his campaign for president of the United States, Donald Trump signed a letter of intent to pursue a Trump Tower–style building development in Moscow, according to a statement from the Trump Organization’s then–chief counsel, Michael Cohen.

The proposal would have involved construction of the world’s tallest building in Moscow, according to developers of the project.

The involvement of then-candidate Trump in a proposed Russian skyscraper deal contradicts repeated statements Trump made during the campaign, including telling ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that his business had “no relationship to Russia whatsoever.”

Lawyer Says He Discussed Moscow Tower Plan With Trump Three Times

Cohen said the Trump Organization signed a non-binding letter of intent in October 2015 with Moscow-based I.C. Expert Investment Company. The company solicited building designs from architects and engaged in preliminary financing discussions.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Sater wrote in an email, the newspaper reported. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

Trump has long slammed the Russia probe as a “witch hunt,” “fake news” and a “total fabrication.”

-------------------------------

When you sign a letter of intent, the process has already gone on a long time. Trump lied. Trump's own lawyer briefed him multiple times.

I don't know how right wingers dismiss this, but they will. They always do.

<YAWN!>

iu

thanks for your imbecile meme.

if this were Hillary you'd be demanding she'd be put in shackles and dragged from the White House.

hack

Trump signed letter of intent for Russian tower during campaign, lawyer says

Four months into his campaign for president of the United States, Donald Trump signed a letter of intent to pursue a Trump Tower–style building development in Moscow, according to a statement from the Trump Organization’s then–chief counsel, Michael Cohen.

The proposal would have involved construction of the world’s tallest building in Moscow, according to developers of the project.

The involvement of then-candidate Trump in a proposed Russian skyscraper deal contradicts repeated statements Trump made during the campaign, including telling ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that his business had “no relationship to Russia whatsoever.”

Lawyer Says He Discussed Moscow Tower Plan With Trump Three Times

Cohen said the Trump Organization signed a non-binding letter of intent in October 2015 with Moscow-based I.C. Expert Investment Company. The company solicited building designs from architects and engaged in preliminary financing discussions.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Sater wrote in an email, the newspaper reported. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

Trump has long slammed the Russia probe as a “witch hunt,” “fake news” and a “total fabrication.”

-------------------------------

When you sign a letter of intent, the process has already gone on a long time. Trump lied. Trump's own lawyer briefed him multiple times.

I don't know how right wingers dismiss this, but they will. They always do.

<YAWN!>

iu

thanks for your imbecile meme.

if this were Hillary you'd be demanding she'd be put in shackles and dragged from the White House.

hack

Nope. Furthermore, the fake news would simply ignore it.

There is no absolute requirement for a lot of negotiations and contracts that are commonly used in a large real estate deal. However they are required for multiple entities to work out exactly which company has which obligations or liabilities. The big boys want to make sure there aren't any ambiguous terms in a multimillion dollar deal.

Forum List

Back