🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump spending spree

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Donald Trump's trillion-dollar infrastructure plan faces congressional scrutiny - CNNPolitics.com

That's right conservatives, Trump wants to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure. Funny, when Obama wanted to do the same thing the GOP resisted, but now it agrees?

I've read overall that Trump plans to spend more taxpayer money than Hillary would have, so I'm beginning to think that whoever pledges to spend the most taxpayer money wins every time.

Despite the rhetoric, I don't really believe that the left hates Trump like they say they do. The people they fear the most wants to curb government spending, someone like a Ron Paul is more terrifying than death itself.

It's all a ruse, and yes, the honeymoon is over. It was fun for a month or so but now it's time to face the hard facts.

That's right conservatives, Trump wants to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure. Funny, when Obama wanted to do the same thing the GOP resisted, but now it agrees?
Trump is different than Obama. He changed the D after his name to an R, and that made all the difference, see.

It's okay for an R to spend a trillion dollars on our Crumbling Infrastructure™, not a D.

Examine how Regime Obama has been spending "infrastructure" (aka "shovel ready)) money:

1/3 to pre-planning
1/3 to engineering
1/3 to environmental documentation
1/3 to actual construction

The first three get done before the construction proceeds.

Yes, bois and girlz, your tax dollars jonesing to work but somehow never getting started.

Donald Trump's trillion-dollar infrastructure plan faces congressional scrutiny - CNNPolitics.com

I've read overall that Trump plans to spend more taxpayer money than Hillary would have, so I'm beginning to think that whoever pledges to spend the most taxpayer money wins every time.

Despite the rhetoric, I don't really believe that the left hates Trump like they say they do. The people they fear the most wants to curb government spending, someone like a Ron Paul is more terrifying than death itself.

It's all a ruse, and yes, the honeymoon is over. It was fun for a month or so but now it's time to face the hard facts.
If a trillion dollars goes into the right places(not building turtle tunnels)the money will be more than made up for on its own.

(This should be merged with the other numerous threads about this issue)

Yes, Trump is talking about spending $1 trillion while insisting this would be different from Barry's pork-bloated failed bill because he 'knows how to spend the money better than Obama'.

I don't care WHO wants to do it, it is still the government spending the money and is a bad idea.

By the time Congress (especially the Liberals, who added over 7,000 pieces of pork onto Obama's stimulus bill - and were the only ones to have pork in that bill) there will be just as many pieces of pork, if not more, as Obama's Stimulus Bill did.

Over $20 Trillion in debt....a record amount of tax revenue collected this year. Just cut out the massive waste and over-spending, balance the budget, start seriously paying down the debt, change some policies, get rid og the business-suffocating mountain of regulations, and get out of the way of business.

Anyone spending another $1 trillion is a bad idea because you can't trust Congress / the federal govt.

I was under no illusion that Trump is a small government conservative.

However I think you will actually see tangible results with Trump.

The meat puppet faggot had to fecklessly say;
"wasn't as 'shovel ready' as we anticipated" and his sycophants accept that as a perfectly acceptable response for why nothing got done.

Trump could repave every road in the country and bed wetters will piss and moan about not enough bike lanes and light rail.

I was under no illusion that Trump is a small government conservative.

However I think you will actually see tangible results with Trump.

The meat puppet faggot had to fecklessly say;
"wasn't as 'shovel ready' as we anticipated" and his sycophants accept that as a perfectly acceptable response for why nothing got done.

Trump could repave every road in the country and bed wetters will piss and moan about not enough bike lanes and light rail.
I would kill to see a Democratic platform peddling the notion that having bike lanes is a matter of life or death.

LOL

Democrat minority groups would largely eat that shit up while everyone with a brain laughs at them.

I would have loved to have seen the Democrat who sponsored the pork explain why it was imperative that we spend tax dollars in Obama's Stimulus Bill to teach Alcoholic Chinese hookers how to drink more responsibly on duty OR watch the Democrat who asked for money for a study on why a homosexual Argentinian male's sex life is better than a heterosexual American male's....both of which was in Obama's stimulus bill!

:p

I was under no illusion that Trump is a small government conservative. However I think you will actually see tangible results with Trump.
For what it's worth, there are still many people dealing within the traditional Left/Right paradigm, and I find myself still doing that, too.

With Trump, the GOP shifted their argument from Left vs. Right to National Populism vs. Globalism. So it's still an asymmetrical battle right now.

I don't think either end of this can jump to too many conclusions. It's essentially an experiment. Ask me in a couple of years and we'll see how it went.

Article says "over ten years". If it can be paid by 10% tax on overseas profits? I don't know. Dont like it. If Penn thinks they need a bridge, let them build it. Not anyone else issue. If Schumer likes it, I against it.

You do know what scrutiny means?

Examine how Regime Obama has been spending "infrastructure" (aka "shovel ready)) money:

1/3 to pre-planning
1/3 to engineering
1/3 to environmental documentation
1/3 to actual construction

The first three get done before the construction proceeds.

Yes, bois and girlz, your tax dollars jonesing to work but somehow never getting started.
Wouldn't that be a quarter to each? Since there is 4

Article says "over ten years". If it can be paid by 10% tax on overseas profits? I don't know. Dont like it. If Penn thinks they need a bridge, let them build it. Not anyone else issue. If Schumer likes it, I against it.

Government likes big pots of money that just disappear without a trace.

As you point out, you attack issues like this by seeing that a bridge needs repaired or replaced and then trying to find the most economical way to fix it.

This approach, however, is just throwing money around. It would be like me saying, I'm spending $1000 dollars cuz I need a new hot water tank even though I have no idea how much it will actually cost.

Very strange.

Forum List

Back