Trump supporters keep hurting themselves

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
I live in south central Pennsylvania, orchard country. A lot of apple orchards.

A pile of Republicans. 60-70% Republican. Trump Country.

I shake my head as I drive by these smaller, downtrodden houses with their Trump flags & signs and their jacked up 4x4s with the Confederate flag on the back window. AI have never lived in a more racist & bigoted area of this country.

Apple orchards were already hurting as climate change is making the climate here less & less apple climate.

Now we see the Tariff war rump initiated has been slamming the apple ^&cherry orchards extra hard.

"
The apple industry had previously braced for the impact that tariffs would have on them in the fall, but they couldn't predict the damage that would occur.

In a new report from the Congressional Research Service titled "Profiles and Effects of Retaliatory Tariffs on U.S. Agricultural Exports" notes that apples and cherries are among agricultural commodities hurt the most by retaliatory tariffs placed by some of the U.S.' strongest trading partners. According to the report, U.S. apple exports to Mexico and China now have additional tariffs of 20 and 40 percent. Previously, apples to Mexico faced no tariffs while China had a tariff of just 10 percent. Now, apple exports to China experience a tariff rate of 50 percent.

Mexico and China accounted for nearly 30 percent of apple exports in 2017. India, who totals 10 percent of exports, has said it will apply a 30 percent tariff on U.S. apples starting Jan. 31, on top of the current 50 percent tariff on U.S. apples, The Packer reports.

If the U.S. were to drop tariffs on steel and aluminum it is likely that countries would drop their retaliatory tariffs. However, it is unlikely that the Trump administration will budge o
n trade issues.

Still, China was previously a bright spot for U.S. apple exporters as they only had access to that market for the last three years. Previously, the country went from zero imports to 2.5 million cartons a year. "

Apple Industry Hit Hard by Tariffs

So those who live here & have ties to the orchard industry are hurting. The food processing plants here are hurting. All because of Donald Trump and his fooling trade wars.

And many of these same people love Donald Trump. The very same persin whose ignorance of global trade caused all of this pain.

Who helped these orchards??? The Obama administration. Who took it away, the Trump administration.

Well sweetheart, you are very free to vote democrat next time, including their "death taxes" so that those orchards get taxed heavily when passing to the next generation. Not to mention the additional taxes they plan to impose. Oh, BTW, with the Green New Deal, imagine doing anything without internal combustion engines. The Trump admin is still negotiating the next trade deal, so lets hope its apples-to-apples on tariffs.
China is a global competitor who steals intellectual property, manipulates its currency, and dumps state subsidized products on the market killing many industries, such as steel and aluminum. So if you need to sell your apples to places other than China that's a necessary condition.
Navarro and Lighthizer are doing wonderful work leveling the playing field as far as global trade is concerned.
So lets call this, the same as the soybean farmers deal with, "temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement".

Last edited:
This is idiotic. Trump's tariffs didn't take place until this winter. It's now early spring and the apple and cherry trees haven't even started blooming yet.

How the fuck has the tariffs been slamming the apple and cherry orchards extra hard when they haven't even begun to bear fruit?

Smells like more TDS to me.

...central Pennsylvania...

...jacked up 4x4s with the Confederate flag on the back window...
Cultural Misappropriation!!!

Fuckin' yankees.

I moved to Wisconsin after living in Texas and Arkansas for 40 years. It was quite a surprise to see how many confederate flags, bumper-stickers, jacked up 4x4s with coal-rolling smokestacks, and country music bars and radio stations there were up here.

Fuckin' yankees.

I moved to Wisconsin after living in Texas and Arkansas for 40 years. It was quite a surprise to see how many confederate flags, bumper-stickers, jacked up 4x4s with coal-rolling smokestacks, and country music bars and radio stations there were up here.

You know how the left describes PA? "Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Alabama in between." Just like the OP describes.

Fuckin' yankees.

When I moved down to South Carolina I used to say Wisconsin has a bar every block, SC has a church every block.

Well sweetheart, you are very free to vote democrat next time, including their "death taxes" so that those orchards get taxed heavily when passing to the next generation. Not to mention the additional taxes they plan to impose. Oh, BTW, with the Green New Deal, imagine doing anything without internal combustion engines. The Trump admin is still negotiating the next trade deal, so lets hope its apples-to-apples on tariffs.
China is a global competitor who steals intellectual property, manipulates its currency, and dumps state subsidized products on the market killing many industries, such as steel and aluminum. So if you need to sell you apples to places other than China that's a necessary condition.
Navarro and Lighthizer are doing wonderful work leveling the playing field as far as global trade is concerned.
So lets call this, the same as the soybean farmers deal with, "temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement".
So, your plan is to run these orchards out of business to save any inheritance taxes? Orchards are never corporations or owned by corporations. Their owners are too stupid to shield themselves from these taxes.

So, there is no equipment or vehicles that don't run of fossil fuels. Really. I guess these orchards want to spew greenhouse gases because they want the AGW to make it even warmer.

AS for China, they want the technology when they buy the products & manufacturers give it to them. The Chinese aren't stealing it.

If China is dumping we have laws & can take them to international court to get relieve.

As you said, Trump is choosing to hurt farmers & orchards. Thanks for admitting that.

As for US steel , did they take advantage of the tariffs to increase market share? Nope, they just raised their prices.

Trump has zero experience in international trade. He is too stupid to get that if you damage a trading partner's economy that they will buy fewer US goods.

I shake my head as I drive by these smaller, downtrodden houses with their Trump flags & signs and their jacked up 4x4s with the Confederate flag on the back window. AI have never lived in a more racist & bigoted area of this country.

Apple orchards were already hurting as climate change is making the climate here less & less apple climate.

Now we see the Tariff war rump initiated has been slamming the apple ^&cherry orchards extra hard.

"
The apple industry had previously braced for the impact that tariffs would have on them in the fall, but they couldn't predict the damage that would occur.

In a new report from the Congressional Research Service titled "Profiles and Effects of Retaliatory Tariffs on U.S. Agricultural Exports" notes that apples and cherries are among agricultural commodities hurt the most by retaliatory tariffs placed by some of the U.S.' strongest trading partners. According to the report, U.S. apple exports to Mexico and China now have additional tariffs of 20 and 40 percent. Previously, apples to Mexico faced no tariffs while China had a tariff of just 10 percent. Now, apple exports to China experience a tariff rate of 50 percent.

Mexico and China accounted for nearly 30 percent of apple exports in 2017. India, who totals 10 percent of exports, has said it will apply a 30 percent tariff on U.S. apples starting Jan. 31, on top of the current 50 percent tariff on U.S. apples, The Packer reports.

If the U.S. were to drop tariffs on steel and aluminum it is likely that countries would drop their retaliatory tariffs. However, it is unlikely that the Trump administration will budge o
n trade issues.

Still, China was previously a bright spot for U.S. apple exporters as they only had access to that market for the last three years. Previously, the country went from zero imports to 2.5 million cartons a year. "

So those who live here & have ties to the orchard industry are hurting. The food processing plants here are hurting. All because of Donald Trump and his fooling trade wars.

And many of these same people love Donald Trump. The very same persin whose ignorance of global trade caused all of this pain.

Who helped these orchards??? The Obama administration. Who took it away, the Trump administration.
/-----/ "climate change apples?"
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
idiot award.jpg

This is idiotic. Trump's tariffs didn't take place until this winter. It's now early spring and the apple and cherry trees haven't even started blooming yet.

How the fuck has the tariffs been slamming the apple and cherry orchards extra hard when they haven't even begun to bear fruit?

Orchards store apples.

U.S apple exports outpace imports by fivefold in 2018

Check out the apple exports by month.,

"

n trade issues.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View attachment 252505

For some apples to get their sweetness, they need a frost by a certyain time in the Fall as the apples ripen.

Orchards have pulled out of PA & moved to upstate NY.

The only thing funny is your ignorance.

FYI:
Technically speaking.

60%-70% Republican isn't a "pile"....It's a horde.:eek:

The best advice for dealing with a horde of Republicans is; point up at the sky, exclaim "Look! it's Jesus!" and then run the other way as fast as you can.

"

n trade issues.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View attachment 252505

For some apples to get their sweetness, they need a frost by a certyain time in the Fall as the apples ripen.

The daily liar, you.

Then way did apple and cherry growers get additional tax dollars redistributed to them via the “trade mitigation payments” in Dec and Jan?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Fuckin' yankees.

You know how the left describes PA? "Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Alabama in between." Just like the OP describes.

Correction: "pennsyltucky"

Then way did apple and cherry growers get additional tax dollars redistributed to them via the “trade mitigation payments” in Dec and Jan?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
A lot of industries did not get help.

"

n trade issues.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
View attachment 252505

The daily liar, you.
So which part of my post did you think was not true so I can shove your accusation up your ignorant ass.

FYI:
Technically speaking.

60%-70% Republican isn't a "pile"....It's a horde.:eek:

The best advice for dealing with a horde of Republicans is; point up at the sky, exclaim "Look! it's Jesus!" and then run the other way as fast as you can.
All local elections are over in the Republican primary. We do elect a Democrat County Commissioner only because both parties get a representative.

"

n trade issues.

/——/ It turns out freezing weather is one of the major causes- you dummy
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/201...-trees-north-american-orchards-scientists-are

Forum List

Back