Trump Tells Team to Target 10% Spending, 20% Fed Workers Cuts

I hope he can do it. We need a serious reduction in the federal government. I also believe this is a primary reason the left wing leaders are trying so hard to de-legitimize Trump's presidency. This scares the shit out of them, 20% of federal workers is a lot of people who won't know what to do.

Stop saying that this is about 20% of federal works.

It is now what anyone claimed.

If you learn how to read you will find that 20% is a maximum (not average) for DISCRETIONARY PROGRAMS only and even at that, these will be non-millitary sort as Trump said he will INCREASE military spending.

Only 16% of federal budget is made up of such programs. So we are talking about around 0.8% of federal budget here.
I was good with all of the programs taking a one dollar hit. That alone is yuge. Fk, make it five dollars across the programs. Fk them all.

I hope he can do it. We need a serious reduction in the federal government. I also believe this is a primary reason the left wing leaders are trying so hard to de-legitimize Trump's presidency. This scares the shit out of them, 20% of federal workers is a lot of people who won't know what to do.

Stop saying that this is about 20% of federal works.

It is now what anyone claimed.

If you learn how to read you will find that 20% is a maximum (not average) for DISCRETIONARY PROGRAMS only and even at that, these will be non-millitary sort as Trump said he will INCREASE military spending.

Only 16% of federal budget is made up of such programs. So we are talking about around 0.8% of federal budget here.
I was good with all of the programs taking a one dollar hit. That alone is yuge. Fk, make it five dollars across the programs. Fk them all.

That's nice, but no one gives a shit.

Now we get to hear from the left that millions of orphans will be dying of starvation in the streets.

Good to see him working on what got him the job.

Making good on a promise to slash government, President-elect Trump has asked his incoming team to pursue spending and staffing cuts.

Insiders said that the spending reductions in some departments could go as high as 10 percent and staff cuts to 20 percent, numbers that would rock Washington if he follows through.

At least two so-called “landing teams” in Cabinet agencies have relayed the call for cuts as part of their marching orders to shrink the flab in government.

The cuts would target discretionary spending, not mandated programs such as Medicare or Social Security, the sources said.

The spending reductions are expected to be used to help pay for Trump’s plan to boost the Pentagon’s budget, tax cuts and some pet projects, potentially including the anti-immigration wall on the nation’s southern border.

The teams also are looking at staffing cuts over four years through attrition, a hiring freeze and reorganization.

Keep reading…
Nope, but let's hope you whiners don't go off the deep end when you find your government services go away or take a lot longer to process.
what services exactly? Send it to the states and let the states handle it. Why are you so against that?

Now we get to hear from the left that millions of orphans will be dying of starvation in the streets.

Making good on a promise to slash government, President-elect Trump has asked his incoming team to pursue spending and staffing cuts.

Insiders said that the spending reductions in some departments could go as high as 10 percent and staff cuts to 20 percent, numbers that would rock Washington if he follows through.

At least two so-called “landing teams” in Cabinet agencies have relayed the call for cuts as part of their marching orders to shrink the flab in government.

The cuts would target discretionary spending, not mandated programs such as Medicare or Social Security, the sources said.

The spending reductions are expected to be used to help pay for Trump’s plan to boost the Pentagon’s budget, tax cuts and some pet projects, potentially including the anti-immigration wall on the nation’s southern border.

The teams also are looking at staffing cuts over four years through attrition, a hiring freeze and reorganization.

Keep reading…

That would be so easy to do with the massively bloated Washington bureaucracy, and yeah, it would be game changing

We'll see I guess. Sounds like a good start, but we'll only know for sure after time has past and we can actually see less, or more, overall spending/debt and whether government grows or shrinks. I sure as hell am hoping for the latter, but again, we'll see.
Under which POTUS did we see the lowest annual rate of growth of federal spending since 1960?
Obama has the worst spending record on the books.
View attachment 107283

Bullshit - 2009 budget was 1.3 Trillion, submitted by Bush in September 2008.
$900 Million Porkulus spending in 2009 - OBAMA

Of which only ~200 billion fell on 2009 1.45T deficit budget, the rest was Bush.

What you said about 2009 budget being squarely on Obama is bullshit.

If he cuts 10% of real spending, good for him! If he cuts 5%, good to. If he cuts 1%, that is even a hurray! Why? Because the annual budget has a raise in spending of at least 3% a year, so any cut, is better than no cut at all. And even if he cuts it from some departments, anything is better than nothing, since getting the size and spending of government under control is paramount.
well there are some in here that think in 100 days if he hasn't transformed the government, he's a failure. Wow. I don't even think that's long enough to cycle anything through one full cycle of record. But at 100 days he's a loser! And that isn't panicking by the way.

I just figure they are going to gaslight us for the next 4 years, no matter how successful he is, or is not. They can not have him deliver, because if he does, they are done for a generation. The only reason they have a up today, is because many young people have never really had a President who wasn't leftist. (in many cases, including Bush) They are skeptical! But if it works, that will be erased rather quickly!

Keep reading…
Knowing that you are a cretin, I will point out that the net effect on spending will be ZERO....

also, switching discretionary spending from social support to lard the Pentagon slop bucket will result in LOWER macroeconomic multipliers....

Don't ask......I can't hope to live long enough to teach you...

Cutting the bloated bureaucracy! Disaster I say, a catastrophe! Yeah, sure

yearly-change-in-government-workers-yearly-change-in-govt-employees_chartbuilder.png

govjobs.jpg

We'll see I guess. Sounds like a good start, but we'll only know for sure after time has past and we can actually see less, or more, overall spending/debt and whether government grows or shrinks. I sure as hell am hoping for the latter, but again, we'll see.
Under which POTUS did we see the lowest annual rate of growth of federal spending since 1960?
View attachment 107283

Of which only ~200 billion fell on 2009 1.45T deficit budget, the rest was Bush.

It was Booooooooosssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

On the other hand, Obama's still President, but get over it and let him go! Nothing happening was his fault, get over it, move on, it was Booooooooooosssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

View attachment 107283

Seriously...

Are you proud of your ignorance?

Look up how much of the Stimulus was assigned to FY 2009....

View attachment 107283

On the other hand, Obama's still President, but get over it and let him go! Nothing happening was his fault, get over it, move on, it was Booooooooooosssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
If FY 2009 was NOT under Scrub, then who the fuck submitted the budget request for it in Feb 2008?

You're hitting Stupid running this morning, Kaz.....

View attachment 107283

On the other hand, Obama's still President, but get over it and let him go! Nothing happening was his fault, it was Booooooooooosssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

....You have some sort of Pavlovian response to the name of last president but of course Bush, WHO SUBMITTED 2009 BUDGET is relevant to discussion about 2009 budget.

View attachment 107283

Seriously...

The stimulus Obama signed?

If he cuts 10% of real spending, good for him! If he cuts 5%, good to. If he cuts 1%, that is even a hurray! Why? Because the annual budget has a raise in spending of at least 3% a year, so any cut, is better than no cut at all. And even if he cuts it from some departments, anything is better than nothing, since getting the size and spending of government under control is paramount.
well there are some in here that think in 100 days if he hasn't transformed the government, he's a failure. Wow. I don't even think that's long enough to cycle anything through one full cycle of record. But at 100 days he's a loser! And that isn't panicking by the way.

I just figure they are going to gaslight us for the next 4 years, no matter how successful he is, or is not. They can not have him deliver, because if he does, they are done for a generation. The only reason they have a up today, is because many young people have never really had a President who wasn't leftist. (in many cases, including Bush) They are skeptical! But if it works, that will be erased rather quickly!
Did I just read this?

Allow me to demonstrate "gaslighting"....

Which presidential terms saw the highest growth in employment?

I'll give you #1 and #2 (Clinton, and Clinton)

View attachment 107283

If FY 2009 was NOT under Scrub, then who the fuck submitted the budget request for it in Feb 2008?

You're hitting Stupid running this morning, Kaz.....
Obama and the Democrat Congress created a $900 Million Porkulus spending bill, dufus.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
View attachment 107283

Seriously...

Yes, the one Obama signed retard. Only 200b of it fell on 2009 budget.

Keep reading…
If it includes wages of Congress members, I am all for it..
well Trump and his cabinet are taking but one dollar. He's stepped up with his team.
Yet Trump is not part of Congress..

View attachment 107283

Seriously...

Kaz,

You KNOW this will end with you in tears.....

Yes....that was the Stimulus Obama signed.....what about it?

Keep reading…
If it includes wages of Congress members, I am all for it..
well Trump and his cabinet are taking but one dollar. He's stepped up with his team.
Yet Trump is not part of Congress..
good for you!! wow you been edumacated there haven't ya?

Forum List

Back