Trump to Skip next GOP Debate (on Fox News)

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Hmmmmm….

He says he’s had enough of the debates. He’s giving a speech to AIPAC instead.

Nice!

It's a smart decision. His refusal to participate will be perceived as rebelliousness, which will impress people. Kasich and Cruz will be left to either attack each other or focus on an absent Donald. I think it's a win for Donald either way.

Last edited:
I think it's sort of stupid to have a debate with candidates on the stage who have no path to the nomination. A one-on-one debate between Trump and Cruz is what we deserve at this point... but the Establishment isn't going to let that happen... so kudos to Trump!

I think it's sort of stupid to have a debate with candidates on the stage who have no path to the nomination. A one-on-one debate between Trump and Cruz is what we deserve at this point... but the Establishment isn't going to let that happen... so kudos to Trump!
This is the last scheduled debate, am I right? Is Trump side-stepping a debate with Cruz because he's not so sure he'd come out the winner?
Very unusual decision, IMO.

The Establishment isn't going to let it happen? Trump is the one saying no to the debate with Cruz and Kasich! So what if Kasich will be there---everyone zones out when he starts talking, any way.

This is the last scheduled debate, am I right? Is Trump side-stepping a debate with Cruz because he's not so sure he'd come out the winner?

He's sidestepping a debate because he can win it without showing up and he knows it.

After thinking about it, I think it would be a stronger statement to show up. Trump has made the word "flexible" very popular after his last debate answering Kelly about "changing his position, changing his mind".. He could say, Megyn! Aren't you glad I'm a flexible person? I changed my mind and here I am!

He's sidestepping a debate because he can win it without showing up and he knows it.
THAT's why he should show up.

The Establishment isn't going to let it happen? Trump is the one saying no to the debate with Cruz and Kasich! So what if Kasich will be there---everyone zones out when he starts talking, any way.

Again... an HONEST debate between the two candidates who can still win the nomination would be beneficial to the voters. It would allow us to see both candidates on equal footing without the outside interference. With a "third party" it becomes too easy to manipulate and deflect instead of honestly debate mano-a-mano. If that's not what we're going to have... no point in the debate. Trump is right.

Cruz should boycott it as well! Let them have a debate with Kasich vs. Kasich! I mean... that's what they WANT, right? No option other than Kasich? But... Ted Cruz probably won't do that... he will attend and take the opportunity to make the case that voting for Kasich is the same as voting for Trump.

Trump explains it perfectly why not to attend.

home

“How many times can the same people ask the same questions.”

I agree. There is nothing much new to discuss, and all they really want is an argument. I mean, come on; we have how many debates for the nomination, then 3 for the Presidency? Enough is enough! Ask any supporter or non-supporter what the top 4 candidates from either side want to do, and they can rattle it off almost verbatim.

The lines have now been drawn, and it is time for the electorate to vote, while the candidates go out and garner support from people who support their ideas.

Yes, less information is always better for those who can’t process the incredibly small amount of data they have been given already.

he's dodging because he doesn't want to have to give specifics on anything and the narrowing field will require it

Last edited:
Hmmmmm….

Nice!
Perhaps he will change his mind. Israel is definitely very important but so is showing up for the debate.
------------------------------------ of the 2 events I think that showing up for the Jewish / Israeli support event is more important . The debates , well Trump might messup but smoozing the Israeli supporters should be easy and is a way to gain more votes . Also , why recognize 'kasich' or Cruz as anything other than losers or annoyances ??

home

I agree. There is nothing much new to discuss, and all they really want is an argument. I mean, come on; we have how many debates for the nomination, then 3 for the Presidency? Enough is enough! Ask any supporter or non-supporter what the top 4 candidates from either side want to do, and they can rattle it off almost verbatim.

The lines have now been drawn, and it is time for the electorate to vote, while the candidates go out and garner support from people who support their ideas.
What Fox is wanting to do is prop up Kasich as their new posterboy against Trump.

home

Trump isn't backing out because he's sick of talking--he talks about the same stuff every day on the stump. I don't disagree with the fact that the debates are getting kind of tedious, but each time the field narrows, it gives the candidates more time to actually explain their positions. There was actually some new stuff at the last debate--on social security, for example. I don't like the questions Fox asks--they feed on drama--so I'll probably skip it, anyway.

Hmmmmm….

Nice!
Perhaps he will change his mind. Israel is definitely very important but so is showing up for the debate.
------------------------------------ of the 2 events I think that showing up for the Jewish / Israeli support event is more important . The debates , well Trump might messup but smoozing the Israeli supporters should be easy and is a way to gain more votes . Also , why recognize 'kasich' or Cruz as anything other than losers or annoyances ??

Since he is self-funding :laugh: one has to wonder why he is speaking to a PAC… Nahhh, I’m sure it’s all legit. One thing you’re right about though; he’s poisoned the well of primary voters so thoroughly, there is little need to go on TV and ask former supporters of Rubio or Bush or Carson for support. It ain’t happening. I’m aware Carson may personally support Trump; his supporter(s)…no way.

Forum List

Back