Trump wants $18 billion American, not Mexican, for the wall

I think all the corporations that got their beyond belief HUGE huge huge yearly tax cut, should get together and pay for it! :D why do we need government and people in Maine to pay for it? :p

Maybe because it helps keep illegals out of your state????

First phase of Trump border wall gets $18 billion price tag, in new request to lawmakers

I think Trump may have lied to you people about who was going to pay for that white elephant on the border.
If it cuts a fraction of the amount of illegals coming into the country the wall will pay for itself.
But illegal crossing have already been reduced just by stepping up enforcement and big talk...

Very true...not we have to show them it's not just bullshit, a wall will do that. and make it harder to get physically into this country

First phase of Trump border wall gets $18 billion price tag, in new request to lawmakers

I think Trump may have lied to you people about who was going to pay for that white elephant on the border.

I don't really care who pays for it as long as it's built.

In 2016, the federal government spent 71 billion dollars on food stamps; most of whom didn't really need them. The cost was higher years before when the economy was more sluggish.

18 billion represents a little more than 25% of what we spent on food stamps in one year, plus it's a one time cost and not an annual one. Some maintenance required.

DumBama lowered the requirements on food stamps and increased the amount per person which led to the doubling of recipients since he took office.

In other words, we spent money your way to help likely Democrat constituents. Now it's our turn and we only want a tiny fraction of what was spent on food stamps those eight years.

Why would we want to use Mexican money? It’s worthless

I really don't care who pays.

Just get the Wall built. ..... :cool:
Not going to happen. Can't wait for the Democrats to gain power an amnesty in 20 million brand new Americans.

The GOP is dying off. 1,000 old Republicans die each day in this country while Democrats are increasing at twice that pace

isn't it built already, for the most part?
There is a lame fence along much of the border, that wouldn't stop an illegal in a wheelchair from crossing.

We need a massive 30+ foot Wall with guard towers built. .... :cool:
BUT THE 18000 MILLION DOLLARS is for a fence, no wall, and no towers.....?
It's for a wall, moron. I assume there will be gaurd towers, but nothing has been anounced about that.

Not going to happen. Can't wait for the Democrats to gain power an amnesty in 20 million brand new Americans.

The GOP is dying off. 1,000 old Republicans die each day in this country while Democrats are increasing at twice that pace
Thanks for informing us that you're a filthy traitor to your country.

Why TF does he want any U.S. taxpayer money to pay for a wall that he asserted Mexico would pay for?
  • July 2017 -- Asked whether he still expects Mexico to pay for his signature campaign promise, Mr Trump responded, “Absolutely." ... Mr Trump, meanwhile, has started proposing alternative solutions, such constructing the wall with solar panels. "This way, Mexico will have to pay much less money."
  • August 2017 -- Press Conference in Finland:
    Reporter: The southern border wall, is your plan still to have Mexico pay for the wall?
    TRUMP: Yes, it will.
  • April 2016
    The key to the wall’s financing, Trump wrote in a two-page memo to the Washington Post, is threatening to halt money transfers from Mexican immigrants in the US to family back home. These remittances amount to nearly $25bn each year, roughly 2% of the Mexican gross domestic product, according to the World Bank. Cutting off these money transfers could doom the Mexican economy to recession and severely damage diplomatic relations.

“It’s an easy decision for Mexico,” Trump wrote in the memo, written on campaign stationary emblazoned with his “Make America Great Again!” motto. “Make a one-time payment of $5-$10bn to ensure that $24bn continues to flow into their country year after year."
  • April 2016
    Donald Trump would try to force Mexico to pay for a border wall by targeting billions of dollars in remittances sent by immigrants living in the U.S., according to a memo released by his campaign Tuesday.

The memo outlines in new detail how Trump would try to compel Mexico to pay for the 1,000-mile wall he’s promised to build along the Southern border if he becomes president.

In his proposal, Trump threatened to change a rule under the USA Patriot Act, an anti-terrorism law, to cut off a portion of the funds sent to Mexico through money transfers known as remittances. His plan would also bar non-Americans from wiring money outside of the U.S. unless they can provide documentation establishing their legal status in the country.

Trump said he would withdraw the threat if Mexico makes a one-time payment to finance the wall.

“It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year,” the memo reads.
  • Sept 2015 -- "We are going to build a wall. You’re going to pay for the wall,” the brash billionaire said he would tell the Mexican government. “The wall itself, we own.”
There should be an outright revolt if Congress appropriates one red cent for that damned wall!
Trump will be a hero if he gets funding for the wall, asshole.

I'm not the one working for the Russians, that's Trump! Even Bannon calls what they did treason

I'm not the one working for the Russians, that's Trump! Even Bannon calls what they did treason
On top of being a traitor, you're suffering delusions.

Just what we need, 20 million more people on welfare, getting food stamps, and living in Section 8 houses with free medical and dental.

All paid for by the U.S. taxpayer. ..... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back