Trump wants to throw people in jail or take away their citizenship for burning the American flag

Perhaps you should direct your question to the imprisoned dissidents in Cuba?
Just because burning the flag is supported by the First Amendment doesn't mean everyone wants to burn it.
That has nothing to do with the people that want to burn it and have the right to do so.

If you are eager to burn the American flag, then do so. It's your right, but your rights don't supersede how others may feel.
No one is denying you your feelings like you are trying to do with others. My point is your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

Do as you please.
Thats my point. Its my right to burn the flag.

Burning one today?

Doesnt matter what many brave and honorable people did. The US still supported and encouraged slavery and genocide while simultaneously claiming all men are created equal. Those many many examples of hypocrisy by the US speak volumes.

Of course, it matters what many brave and honorable people did to change the course of history. Are you that naive? The U.S. didn't support the egregious acts perpetrated, but many ignorant and evil people did. You seem comfortable calling all people hypocrites. Are you one?
No it doesnt. The people are not the government. They are just governed by it. Yes the US did in fact support slavery and NA genocide. You need to read your history book.

The government is made up of people and all the members of Congress do not agree on certain issues. No one is arguing that slavery was not loathsome, but thanks to the bravery and courage of many people, slavery was brought to an end. How long are you going to live in hate?
The governments official position was that slavery and genocide were fine. The flag represents the government. I dont live in hate. It would make me tired.

Did the members of Congress all agree?
I must admit, you are tiresome.
Did the members of congress revolt or did they go along with the program of slavery and genocide?

Last edited:
Yes. I would burn it in front of a gold star family in the south if someone made it worth my time. I dont live there anymore so someone that wants to dare me will need to sweeten the pot. If there is violence and chaos then thats on the person that starts something. I cant be held responsible for finishing it.

You're are abysmally smug and no doubt a coward.
What you think of me personally is none of my business. If you want to prove your beliefs then give me 10K and I will burn a flag in south in front of a gold star family.

You don't need my money to prove your point.
I need your money to fly down to the south to prove your point. If you are going to put conditions on what I do..then you will pay for them.

I've placed zero conditions on you. I simply offered my opinion.
It wasnt an opinion. It was a directive. If you want something to happen you must be prepared to pay for it.

Burn it in front a Gold Star family's home in the South and discover the violence and chaos that most likely will ensure. You're brave, aren't you?

That has nothing to do with the people that want to burn it and have the right to do so.

If you are eager to burn the American flag, then do so. It's your right, but your rights don't supersede how others may feel.
No one is denying you your feelings like you are trying to do with others. My point is your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

Do as you please.

Burning one today?
Not on my agenda. Why do you ask?

Of course, it matters what many brave and honorable people did to change the course of history. Are you that naive? The U.S. didn't support the egregious acts perpetrated, but many ignorant and evil people did. You seem comfortable calling all people hypocrites. Are you one?
No it doesnt. The people are not the government. They are just governed by it. Yes the US did in fact support slavery and NA genocide. You need to read your history book.

The government is made up of people and all the members of Congress do not agree on certain issues. No one is arguing that slavery was not loathsome, but thanks to the bravery and courage of many people, slavery was brought to an end. How long are you going to live in hate?
The governments official position was that slavery and genocide were fine. The flag represents the government. I dont live in hate. It would make me tired.

Did the members of congress revolt or go with the program of slavery and genocide?

On September 22 1862, Abraham Lincoln issued his preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, in which he declared that as of January 1, 1863, all slaves in states in rebellion against the Union "shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free."

You're are abysmally smug and no doubt a coward.
What you think of me personally is none of my business. If you want to prove your beliefs then give me 10K and I will burn a flag in south in front of a gold star family.

I need your money to fly down to the south to prove your point. If you are going to put conditions on what I do..then you will pay for them.

It wasnt an opinion. It was a directive. If you want something to happen you must be prepared to pay for it.

Burn it in front a Gold Star family's home in the South and discover the violence and chaos that most likely will ensure. You're brave, aren't you?

Don't project your feelings onto me. I'm not a flag burner nor am I an instigator of violence. You're the flag burner, remember?

Did the members of congress revolt or go with the program of slavery and genocide?

On September 22 1862, Abraham Lincoln issued his preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, in which he declared that as of January 1, 1863, all slaves in states in rebellion against the Union "shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free."
The US was formed in 1776. Why the delay and why did he only free slaves in the confederate states? Why not the ones in the union states that still had slaves? Oh I know why. He was a racist.

lincoln-racist.jpg

Don't project your feelings onto me. I'm not a flag burner nor am I an instigator of violence. You're the flag burner, remember?
I didnt project anything. I just pointed out if you want to dare me to do something you need to pay for it.

The US was formed in 1776. Why the delay and why did he only free slaves in the confederate states? Why not the ones in the union states that still had slaves? Oh I know why. He was a racist.

lincoln-racist.jpg

Is it easy and comfortable for you to call people racist while sitting on yur derriere?

I didnt project anything. I just pointed out if you want to dare me to do something you need to pay for it.

I've not dared you to do anything. Do you only take action if people dare you?

Do as you please.

Burning one today?

I've burned quite a few

lincoln-racist.jpg

Is it easy and comfortable for you to call people racist while sitting on yur derriere?

Never thought about it.

What does that have to do with the point that the US government supported slavery and genocide?

I've not dared you to do anything. Do you only take action if people dare you?

Yes you dared me. I just called your bluff.

No. My action is largely determined by what I am motivated to do.

I can use it on anyone I want alt right snowflake. If you dont like it try and stop me.
There are NO 'alt right snowflakes', my idiot friend.

There are 'AltRight's - a term Libs began using to attack any intelligent Conservative who rejected Washington Establishment career self-serving politicians -

And then there are 'Snowflakes' - libs who need safe spaces on college campuses and in their own homes where they can retreat back to after a hard day of flag-burning, calling for the overthrow of the US govt, calling for the racist murders of all whites, and calling for the assassination of Trump...all because they lost the election and are butthurt.

Get it straight, man - you're embarrassing yourself.

Stop you? Hell no....watching you FLAUNT your ignorance is funny as hell!

:p
Says one of our Premier Alt-Right (WSs) snowflakes.

Donald Trump: Burn the flag, go to jail - CNNPolitics.com

I think he's just trolling, but what an irresponsible statement coming from the president elect.
Why is it irresponsible? He is graphically expressing a strong objection to burning the flag. I'll bet most Americans share his feelings about it.
Yep. I think if you burn the flag, especially in the presence of a vet or current millitary (or family). You should receive a huge fine and spend time in jail.
No one has the right not to be offended

Is it OK if I burn a South Carolina flag? I have never much cared for the state, and don't live there, but I am just wondering whether or not I should lose my US citizenship and be imprisoned for it.

Forum List

Back