Trump wants to throw people in jail or take away their citizenship for burning the American flag

I'll tell you after you tell me whats indecent about burning the american flag.

First, tell me what is decent about burning the U.S. flag.

I asked you first and you deflected. Please respond to my first question.

Just my opinion but the American flag represents freedom and many brave people have sacrificed and died for our rights to protest under the First Amendment. I would never burn an American flag, the symbol of freedom.

adac61ce0df89d1b590f6a7067006211.jpg
You are correct about it being an opinion. I see the flag as a symbol of hypocrisy. Lots of other people see the same thing and thats why they have no issue with burning it. If it was truly about freedom then there would have been no slavery after the formation of the US. There would have been no genocide attempted with the NA's. I could go on but I think you get the point. The concept of the american flag is one of tyranny to many people. Its worse over seas.

Slavery of any kind is horrific. Many brave and honorable people fought against slavery and the right for all people to live their lives in freedom. Atrocities are occurring all over the world but calling our flag a symbol of hypocrisy and burning it does not stop them. You should be thankful that no everyone sees life through your eyes and they march forward into the future fighting for a better world, not with words but with actions.
Doesnt matter what many brave and honorable people did. The US still supported and encouraged slavery and genocide while simultaneously claiming all men are created equal. Those many many examples of hypocrisy by the US speak volumes.

What is decent about burning the American flag?

Just my opinion but the American flag represents freedom and many brave people have sacrificed and died for our rights to protest under the First Amendment. I would never burn an American flag, the symbol of freedom.

That "Freedom" is best represented by living in a country that allows you to burn the flag

Can you be any more free than that?

Perhaps you should direct your question to the imprisoned dissidents in Cuba?
Just because burning the flag is supported by the First Amendment doesn't mean everyone wants to burn it.

Because you could kill someone if you burned a flag around flammables.

Your callousness could cause someone to be killed.
How so? If I burn the flag in a spot where it wont burn anything else no one will be killed.

Burn it in front a Gold Star family's home in the South and discover the violence and chaos that most likely will ensure. You're brave, aren't you?
Yes. I would burn it in front of a gold star family in the south if someone made it worth my time. I dont live there anymore so someone that wants to dare me will need to sweeten the pot. If there is violence and chaos then thats on the person that starts something. I cant be held responsible for finishing it.

You are correct about it being an opinion. I see the flag as a symbol of hypocrisy. Lots of other people see the same thing and thats why they have no issue with burning it. If it was truly about freedom then there would have been no slavery after the formation of the US. There would have been no genocide attempted with the NA's. I could go on but I think you get the point. The concept of the american flag is one of tyranny to many people. Its worse over seas.

Slavery of any kind is horrific. Many brave and honorable people fought against slavery and the right for all people to live their lives in freedom. Atrocities are occurring all over the world but calling our flag a symbol of hypocrisy and burning it does not stop them. You should be thankful that no everyone sees life through your eyes and they march forward into the future fighting for a better world, not with words but with actions.
Doesnt matter what many brave and honorable people did. The US still supported and encouraged slavery and genocide while simultaneously claiming all men are created equal. Those many many examples of hypocrisy by the US speak volumes.

Of course, it matters what many brave and honorable people did to change the course of history. Are you that naive? The U.S. didn't support the egregious acts perpetrated, but many ignorant and evil people did. You seem comfortable calling all people hypocrites. Are you one?

That "Freedom" is best represented by living in a country that allows you to burn the flag

Just because burning the flag is supported by the First Amendment doesn't mean everyone wants to burn it.
That has nothing to do with the people that want to burn it and have the right to do so.

Why does it matter?

How so? If I burn the flag in a spot where it wont burn anything else no one will be killed.

Burn it in front a Gold Star family's home in the South and discover the violence and chaos that most likely will ensure. You're brave, aren't you?
Yes. I would burn it in front of a gold star family in the south if someone made it worth my time. I dont live there anymore so someone that wants to dare me will need to sweeten the pot. If there is violence and chaos then thats on the person that starts something. I cant be held responsible for finishing it.

You're are abysmally smug and no doubt a coward.

Outlaw burning the American flag, and people will just respond by burning flags that LOOK like the American flag,

but actually do not qualify as being the American flag. Remove one star from an American flag, for example,

and it's no longer THE American flag.

They should also consider a ban on cartoons depicting the burning of the US Flag too. Animation too.

Of course, it matters what many brave and honorable people did to change the course of history. Are you that naive? The U.S. didn't support the egregious acts perpetrated, but many ignorant and evil people did. You seem comfortable calling all people hypocrites. Are you one?
No it doesnt. The people are not the government. They are just governed by it. Yes the US did in fact support slavery and NA genocide. You need to read your history book.

That has nothing to do with the people that want to burn it and have the right to do so.

If you are eager to burn the American flag, then do so. It's your right, but your rights don't supersede how others may feel.

What you think of me personally is none of my business. If you want to prove your beliefs then give me 10K and I will burn a flag in south in front of a gold star family.

If you are eager to burn the American flag, then do so. It's your right, but your rights don't supersede how others may feel.
No one is denying you your feelings like you are trying to do with others. My point is your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

No it doesnt. The people are not the government. They are just governed by it. Yes the US did in fact support slavery and NA genocide. You need to read your history book.

The government is made up of people and all the members of Congress do not agree on certain issues. No one is arguing that slavery was not loathsome, but thanks to the bravery and courage of many people, slavery was brought to an end. How long are you going to live in hate?

What you think of me personally is none of my business. If you want to prove your beliefs then give me 10K and I will burn a flag in south in front of a gold star family.

You don't need my money to prove your point.

No one is denying you your feelings like you are trying to do with others. My point is your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

Do as you please.

The government is made up of people and all the members of Congress do not agree on certain issues. No one is arguing that slavery was not loathsome, but thanks to the bravery and courage of many people, slavery was brought to an end. How long are you going to live in hate?
The governments official position was that slavery and genocide were fine. The flag represents the government. I dont live in hate. It would make me tired.

I need your money to fly down to the south to prove your point. If you are going to put conditions on what I do..then you will pay for them.

Do as you please.
Thats my point. Its my right to burn the flag.

The governments official position was that slavery and genocide were fine. The flag represents the government. I dont live in hate. It would make me tired.

Did the members of Congress all agree?
I must admit, you are tiresome.

I need your money to fly down to the south to prove your point. If you are going to put conditions on what I do..then you will pay for them.

I've placed zero conditions on you. I simply offered my opinion.

Forum List

Back