Trump's top black campaign surrogate says blacks were better off under Jim Crow

Do you agree with trump that blacks were better off under Jim Crow?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
So many black children do not grow up to be criminals dumb ass.
I said that already.
Your problem appears to be the same as the white people's.
You're just another American racist in black sheep's clothing.

Race issues across the board are as American as apple pie. It's a social issue that didn't go away along with slavery.

There is no white supremacy in the USA in positions of power . Most of the corporations, Hollywood, the media are blatantly on the side of left-wing radicalism.

There is a lot of pro radical feminism, pro BLM and pro far left-wing ideology from Hollywood, corporations, and the media. I believe that they are engaging in this because it makes them a lot of money and it keeps working people especially young men, weak and feminized. Like with the George Floyd protests, which saw feminized white and black men holding hands doing a candlelight vigil for somebody who once held a gun to a pregnant lady stomach. It’s complete and utter insanity which most American blacks and whites don’t want to be a part of. It’s the media and Hollywood propping the stuff up.

There’s really not a push today for people to form labor unions(union jobs represent 10% of all the jobs in the country down from 35% in the 1960s), go on strike, stand up for traditional values like we had from our grandparents. And so the result of that is the fact that today the average 25-year-old is making $50,000 per year where 40 years ago the average 25-year-old was making 85,000 per year adjusted for inflation. What more needs to be said.
You don't even pretend to not be a racist!

I said that already.
Your problem appears to be the same as the white people's.
You're just another American racist in black sheep's clothing.

Race issues across the board are as American as apple pie. It's a social issue that didn't go away along with slavery.
You are full of shit. My probem is whites like you who try making things the same when a black person speaks about racism as when a white person does.

Didn't read the link, did you?
I read the link, that the MSN story linked. And I read the part that they left out.

I see folks do the same damn thing with twitter snippets of speeches, cherry picking to make things look awful.

Just before that quote. . . context matters, eh?

Let's quote the WHOLE THING, eh?

". . . At one point during the discussion, Tafoya asked Donalds about the differences between how Black men and women view politics. (Polls have shown that Trump’s support among Black voters is largely among men.)

”First of all, there’s a difference between men and women anyway,” Donalds said. “Men have been created by god to be conquerors, to be hunters. That’s who they are. And so a Black man in today’s America is looking around and saying, ‘How can I go hunt for my people and hunt for my family?’ … They’re looking at what Joe Biden has done and saying, ‘I can’t hunt! You took my spear. You took my bow.’”

He said Black women may also turn against the Democratic Party due to issues like transgender rights and border.

“Black women,” he said, “are looking at their sons and saying, ‘Now, wait a minute. You’re telling me that my young son can become a girl? Nope. You’re telling me that my son and my daughter who need an education now have to go and be less than because of illegal immigrants in the city of Philadelphia? Nope.’”

At another point, Donalds said he is starting to see the “reinvigoration of Black family,” which he described as younger people forming nuclear family units and “helping to breathe the revival of a Black middle class in America.” He went on to say that those family values had previously been eroded by Democratic policies that Black voters embraced after becoming loyal to the party due to the Civil Rights Movement.

“You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together. During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more Black people voted conservatively,” he said. “And then H.E.W., Lyndon Johnson — you go down that road, and now we are where we are,” he added, referring to the former U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare.

The so-called Great Society programs, spearheaded by former President Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s, included civil rights legislation, the creation of Medicaid for low-income Americans, and the expansion of federal food stamp, welfare, and housing programs.. . . "

He really didn't say that though. It's MSN spin from someone named Charles Davis.
It's not spin. It's what white conservatives believe and it has been repeated by black conservatives as well. It didn't start with Donalds.

Walter Wiliams and others like him basically made the same assertion.

“As late as 1950, only 18% of black households were single parent. From 1890 to 1940, a slightly higher percentage of black adults had married than white adults. In 1938, black illegitimacy was about 11% instead of today’s 75%. In 1925, 85% of black households in New York City were two-parent. Today, the black family is a mere shadow of its past.”

Walter Williams, How Important Is Today’s Racial Discrimination?, Aug 14, 2019, How Important Is Today's Racial Discrimination?

He really didn't say that though. It's MSN spin from someone named Charles Davis.

Trump’s surrogates reached out to Black voters in Philly with cigars and cognac​

by Julia Terruso and Sean Collins Walsh
Updated June 5, 2024, 10:14 a.m. ET
Published June 4, 2024, 11:09 p.m. ET

At another point, Donalds said he is starting to see the “reinvigoration of Black family,” which he described as younger people forming nuclear family units and “helping to breathe the revival of a Black middle class in America.” He went on to say that those family values had previously been eroded by Democratic policies that Black voters embraced after becoming loyal to the party due to the Civil Rights Movement.

“You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together. During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more Black people voted conservatively,” he said. “And then H.E.W., Lyndon Johnson — you go down that road, and now we are where we are,” he added, referring to the former U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare.

Here is the orignal article. Donalds said it.

Nothing was taken out of context, nor is it a liw. But you right wingers believe the same garbage so you think everything is good.

Blacks were shot out of hand during Jim Crow and nothing happened. Black Women and Girls were raped and nothing happeded. Lynchings were spectator sport

No Blacks were NOT better off under Jim Crow.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
You are full of shit. My probem is whites like you who try making things the same when a black person speaks about racism as when a white person does.
First you should find yourself another country and then you will be able to find a better attitude too. Of course it's not black peoples' fault to begin with but there's no way it can be denied that it's America's problem more than other countries.

It's not spin. It's what white conservatives believe and it has been repeated by black conservatives as well. It didn't start with Donalds.

Walter Wiliams and others like him basically made the same assertion.

“As late as 1950, only 18% of black households were single parent. From 1890 to 1940, a slightly higher percentage of black adults had married than white adults. In 1938, black illegitimacy was about 11% instead of today’s 75%. In 1925, 85% of black households in New York City were two-parent. Today, the black family is a mere shadow of its past.”

Walter Williams, How Important Is Today’s Racial Discrimination?, Aug 14, 2019, How Important Is Today's Racial Discrimination?
They didn't "basically" make any assertion of the kind. The intent was to show how the black family structure has deteriorated under mostly democrat regimes. What would the left do without Soros (tax exempt) Media Matters that monitors (and spins) every word ever spoken by conservatives?

Never forget. Democrats are the party of slavery and segregation.
How about you try not frgetting what the Republican Party was for?

Republicans authored an amendment making slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican party is the party of the Corwin Amendment that would have made slavery constitutional.

A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Once blacks got a foothold in the Republican party and gained some semblance of political equality, white Republicans took steps to purge blacks from leadership positions. The Republican Party is the party of the Lily White movement, a group of Republicans that worked to purge blacks from the party.

Republicans consistently broke promises or ignored issues that affected black people. When blacks got Civil Rights, the Republican Party did not believe that was civil or right and decided that extremism in defense of liberty was no vice. In 1964 the Republican Party turned its back on blacks after nearly 100 years of black support.

First you should find yourself another country and then you will be able to find a better attitude too. Of course it's not black peoples' fault to begin with but there's no way it can be denied that it's America's problem more than other countries.
Na, I have the first amendment right to peacefuly ar my grievance in this country. So maybe you adjust your attitude. Racism is widespread in Europe as well. After all, that is were the modern construct of race was first developed.

So what you are saying, kneegrow, is that it only counts when kneegrows talk about racism? Or that it matters more when kneegrows complain about racism? Why would they not be the same? You always want equality. When someone makes it equal, you complain. Sounds like you don't want equality, kneegrow. You want it ALL. Typical kneegrow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back