Twilight of American Jewry

Why can't American Jews just assimilate? Why do they need to be treated as a separate segment of society?
You mean why can't they just abandon their religion and become white Anglo-Saxon Protestants ("WASPs") such as you?

You might as well ask the same question about Catholics.

The reason Catholics don't join the Protestant religion is because our church is one true Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and Protestants are separated from the true Church.

I'm sure Jews would have their own answer.
I never mentioned their religion now did I?
Yes, you did. You implied that Jews are wrong not to assimilate. Your assumption is hostile to every group that is not white Anglo-Saxon Protestant, that all of us should drop our own cultural and religious identity and join you. I'm an Irish Catholic and we have fought for our own identity in Ireland for hundreds of years in Ireland and the United States, against Protestant demands that we drop Catholicism and join their churches, so I was very offended by your demand that Jews assimilate to dominant American society.
The assumptions are all yours buddy lol

Why can't American Jews just assimilate? Why do they need to be treated as a separate segment of society?
You mean why can't they just abandon their religion and become white Anglo-Saxon Protestants ("WASPs") such as you?

The reason Catholics don't join the Protestant religion is because our church is one true Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and Protestants are separated from the true Church.

Yes, you did. You implied that Jews are wrong not to assimilate. Your assumption is hostile to every group that is not white Anglo-Saxon Protestant, that all of us should drop our own cultural and religious identity and join you. I'm an Irish Catholic and we have fought for our own identity in Ireland for hundreds of years in Ireland and the United States, against Protestant demands that we drop Catholicism and join their churches, so I was very offended by your demand that Jews assimilate to dominant American society.
I assumed nothing. You made a demand that Jews assimilate. That was saying you believe that only a WASP is a true American, and everyone should assimilate to the dominant culture of WASPness.

I assumed nothing. You made a demand that Jews assimilate. That was saying you believe that only a WASP is a true American, and everyone should assimilate to the dominant culture of WASPness.
Keep posting nonsensical garbage, it fits you apparently

You're the one who demanded Jews assimilate. It's in black and white. Why are you denying what you said?

You're the one who demanded Jews assimilate. It's in black and white. Why are you denying what you said?
I don't deny it dumbass. Why do you think they need special treatment from the government?

I don't deny it dumbass. Why do you think they need special treatment from the government?

When I was a kid folks predicting the end of the world would speak about how Revelations predicted the entire world turning on Israel in the last days.

I'd thought that was insane. The USA and Israel were so closely linked when I was young there was absolutely no way I'd thought we could turn on them.

Some of the posts in this thread make me wonder. The rise of the AltRight makes me wonder. And yeah, the fact that the Democratic Party and academia has become pro-Palestine made me wonder too.

It is hard to know how Israel will be affected by the dramatic enfeeblement of the American Jewish community that we are now witnessing.

Increasingly, the Democratic Party has become anti-Semitic and anti-Israel, freezing Jews who support Israel out.

In the Republican Party, the disillusionment with the Iraq War has caused the neo-conservatives, who were mostly Jews, to lose credibility.

Now, the Jewish Republicans are committing political suicide by working on the "Never Trump" movement.

The article asks how the waning of American Jewish influence will impact the fate of Israel.
looks like you cracka goyim are the ones dying off

White Christian America is dying

I do not believe the end of the world or Biblical prophesy is in any way linked to the fate of Israel, the rebuilding of the Temple, or any other such thing. Israel may be a state for Jews, but it is a secularized society, and the vast majority of Jews in this world don't even believe in their own religion. What I do believe is that Jews got a very raw deal in Europe when two-thirds of them there were wiped out by the Nazis, and that Jews need a safe place to call home. The United States is home to millions of Jews, but there is no guarantee for Jews that Americans might one day turn against them, as people have turned against the Jews in every other country where they've lived. I think it's too bad the Palestinians are unwilling to make peace with Israel, and come to a compromise where Jews and Palestinians can live together in peace. I think if the Palestinians had their foreign aid cut off from all sources, they would be forced to the negotiating table.

It is hard to know how Israel will be affected by the dramatic enfeeblement of the American Jewish community that we are now witnessing.

Increasingly, the Democratic Party has become anti-Semitic and anti-Israel, freezing Jews who support Israel out.

In the Republican Party, the disillusionment with the Iraq War has caused the neo-conservatives, who were mostly Jews, to lose credibility.

Now, the Jewish Republicans are committing political suicide by working on the "Never Trump" movement.

The article asks how the waning of American Jewish influence will impact the fate of Israel.

funny.... there are still a lot of jewish democrats. the democratic party is not anti-Semitic. the FAR LEFT is.

by the same token, the far right of the GOP hates jews and blacks. or do you think the KKK, neo-nazis and white supremacists who support Donald somehow like jews.

there is a reason that we don't want to enable white supremacists.

but thanks for your concern. no doubt it is solely out of altruism and has nothing to do with you being a trumpster.

They have always been pushed to the margins of society.

I live among all Jews. They have very, very large families, 8 to 10 children and don't allow those children to assimilate with the rot. Consequently, those children are highly educated, well spoken, flawless manners and unfailing politeness. At 5 years old, they sound like little adults.

No they don't want to be like us, why would they?

Anyway, guno, I don't need you to tell me the Catholic Church is in trouble. The Catholic Church's move to "moderrnize" with Vatican II has done so much destruction to the Catholic Church that it may never recover. Prior to that, Masses were in Latin, women covered their heads with veils, and altar boys were encouraged from a very early age to look into the priesthood. Now, we are running out of priests, nuns and brothers because modern Westerners are too self-centered and sexualized to think they could give up the married life and devote their lives to service to God.

Forum List

Back