U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
A top national security adviser to President Obama vowed Friday that the United States would “do what is necessary” in Syria to protect American interests and said that direct military action was possible against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, known as ISIS.Benjamin J. Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser, said ISIS had become an increased threat to the United States, a threat the American government was taking seriously.
“If you come against Americans, we are going to come after you,” Mr. Rhodes said.
He declined to say whether the president was considering expanding airstrikes to include ISIS targets in Syria as well as in Iraq, where raids began this month. “We’re actively considering what’s going to be necessary in dealing with that threat,” Mr. Rhodes said. “We’re not going to be restricted by borders.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/23/w...litary-action-possible-against-isis.html?_r=1
The only problem is the US has started countless wars and seldom if ever finish one...

It's a dangerous line to cross when you don't respect borders. Then again Obama doesn't respect ours either. Assad seems to be in favor of us going after ISIS in Syria. Getting approval would be a good idea.

One idiot journalist lost his head and now the entire U.S. government is in panic mode. .. :cuckoo:

should have been on this months ago

instead of funding them
Or maybe we shouldnt hane been trying to hold Putin back....let him do it.....he'll do much job.
I'd like to hear more.. I wasn't aware Putin wanted to go after ISIS.

He has stated, I read a report Russia is supplying weapons to the Iraqi military; in the past they have left the fighting & left weapons behind. No confirmation recently.

instead of funding them
Or maybe we shouldnt hane been trying to hold Putin back....let him do it.....he'll do much job.
Putin was ...is propping up Assad....ISIS is one of the groups trying to topple ASSAD we were arming........step back and tell Putin to go get em...do what ya want......we dont need to spend any effort or money.

instead of funding them
Putin was ...is propping up Assad....ISIS is one of the groups trying to topple ASSAD we were arming........step back and tell Putin to go get em...do what ya want......we dont need to spend any effort or money.

Where does this statement the US armed ISIS in Syria orginate? Thus far ISIS has used US military equipment left on the battegrounds of IRAQ.

Where does this statement the US armed ISIS in Syria orginate? Thus far ISIS has used US military equipment left on the battegrounds of IRAQ.
Yea, ......you just keep on believing that nonsense. .. :cool:

instead of funding them

When did the US fund ISIS?

Obama et al were desperately trying to overthrow Assad with the help of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc. They trained and armed troops against the objections of many who were violently opposed to introducing more violence into that region. Where are these troops now and whose side are they fighting on ?
The most powerful army in the region that can take on ISIS is Iraq yet America is training and funding some obscure troops to weaken Assad.

instead of funding them

I bet Obama isn't in any position to tell Putin what to do.

I found these:
"secretsofthe fed" "tigerdroppings" "weaselzipppers", have reports of US funding ISIS, but those sites are not worth linking. From a biased but actual news source, The Daily Beast, this:

America s Allies Are Funding ISIS - The Daily Beast

The extremist group that is threatening the existence of the Iraqi state was built and grown for years with the help of elite donors from American supposed allies in the Persian Gulf region. There, the threat of Iran, Assad, and the Sunni-Shiite sectarian war trumps the U.S. goal of stability and moderation in the region.

It’s an ironic twist, especially for donors in Kuwait (who, to be fair, back a wide variety of militias). ISIS has aligned itself with remnants of the Baathist regime once led by Saddam Hussein. Back in 1990, the U.S. attacked Iraq in order to liberate Kuwait from Hussein’s clutches. Now Kuwait is helping the rise of his successors.

The rebels are not ISIS, Clinton was blamed for NOT funding the Free Syria Army, the REBELS:

Hillary Clinton Failure to Help Syrian Rebels Led to the Rise of ISIS - The Atlantic

The US funded the FSA which is fighting ISIS, with the Islamic Front, plus the Army of the Mujahideen are also fighting ISIS.

Last edited:

instead of funding them

When did the US fund ISIS?

Obama et al were desperately trying to overthrow Assad with the help of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc. They trained and armed troops against the objections of many who were violently opposed to introducing more violence into that region. Where are these troops now and whose side are they fighting on ?
The most powerful army in the region that can take on ISIS is Iraq yet America is training and funding some obscure troops to weaken Assad.
How long do you think before we get into bed with Assad?
Foreign Secretary rejects Lord Dannatt s call for talks with Syrian dictator Assad Mail Online

Oh really----and how sure are you that every dollar we spent has stayed with the so called rebels. ? Do you understand how many have decided to fight with ISIS ?

Forum List

Back