"Unalienable rights" Our rights Come From G-d Not Government

Well, if dipshits like you were to actually read history, you would know that rights are a human construct.

"God" is a human construct as well . . . prove me wrong, anyone.

Just looking at the world around us is pretty much proof of this.

Realize that YOU "create" the world by interpreting electromagnetic frequencies through visualization processed in your brain; you interpret electrical impulses from neural stimuli; you "taste" chemical reactions on neural receptors. Trust me . . . if you weren't around to "create" this reality, this reality would not exist for you.

So, no, the existence of "reality" is not attributable to the mythic gods of legend.

The difference between liberals and conservatives....Liberals believe our rights are granted us by the Government. What the government gives they can take away

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States

The Declaration of Independence

WRONG!!!!!!!

Religion is mentioned TWO (02) and TWO (02) TIMES ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION....The Body of Law under Which The United States is GOVERNED.

First Reference to Religion:

Article VI.

Clause III.

"But no Religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office of Public Trust under the United States."

Second Reference to Religion:

First Amendment.

"Congress Shall Make No Law Respecting An Establishment of Religion, or Prohibiting The Free Excerise Thereof."

As regards the Oath of Office for President of the United State, the words, "So Help Me God" do not appear anywhere within the Constitution.

Article II.

Clause VIII.

"Before he enters on the Exeution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of The United States, and will to the best of my Ability, Preserve, Protect and Defend the Constitution of The United States."

The words, "So Help Me God" were used by George Washington of Virginia upon his swearing in.

Other President since Washington have used the same language, but there is no such langauge written into the Constitution.

The United States derives it's Rights from the Constitution and Law. Not from mythical, nonexistent Magic Sky Man.

God does not exist.

God is not real.

God does not grant rights.

The United States does not have, nor has it ever allowed any form of State Sanctioned, State Sponsered Religion.

Last edited:
"God" is a human construct as well . . . prove me wrong, anyone.

Just looking at the world around us is pretty much proof of this.

Realize that YOU "create" the world by interpreting electromagnetic frequencies through visualization processed in your brain; you interpret electrical impulses from neural stimuli; you "taste" chemical reactions on neural receptors. Trust me . . . if you weren't around to "create" this reality, this reality would not exist for you.

So, no, the existence of "reality" is not attributable to the mythic gods of legend.

I agree, God is a made up construct.

INalienable rights are the result of enlightment and the extension that all men (those who society deemed men at the time anyway) were created equal and endowed with such rights. These are the constructs of humanity, and they are (or at least that is the way it should be) extended to all humans (even though history is chock full of hypocrisy).

The government is the protector of such rights, not the author or authority to grant them or remove them.

God is used to identify with a power force much lager and outside of the grasps of other humans be it one, a few or many agains the rest.

Last edited:
This is from Richard II, by Shakespeare...

King Richard is speaking to the people who are in rebellion against him:

KING RICHARD II

"We are amazed; and thus long have we stood
To watch the fearful bending of thy knee,

Because we thought ourself thy lawful king:

And if we be, how dare thy joints forget
To pay their awful duty to our presence?

If we be not, show us the hand of God
That hath dismissed us from our stewardship
..."

Richard is citing the belief in divine right, i.e., that the King had absolute power, given to him by God,

and Richard is saying if you're claiming otherwise,

show me where God said otherwise.

It's an excellent argument; unfortunately it didn't save him.

So...

I'll make the same sort of argument. If your claim is that God gave the People certain rights,

show us where, when, and how God did that.

If you'd read about the founding of the best, most free Country in the History of the Earth, you'd know that while some people claim these rights came from God, our Founders referred to them as "Natural Rights". And they stemmed from the theory of "Natural Law"

Rights that can not be taken by the hand of Man. Rights that are granted to us by the very fact that we are "Men" (and women).

We called them Natural Rights.

Here's a primer for you that I learned in the 8th Grade....

Natural and legal rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Locke: Natural Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property : The Freeman : Foundation for Economic Education

Theory of Inalienable Rights

"the best, most free Country in the History of the Earth"

Mmm, Norway? No. 1 for Happiest Place on Earth according to Forbes. USA came in at 10th.

"...So when you say we're the greatest country on Earth, I don't know what the f*** you're talking about!"
- "The Newsroom" S1e1

If you meant us, I suggest you google "most free country" or "happiest countries" or something else so you quit looking like an ignorant fool.

When you seek remediation for what you believe has been a violation of your rights, do you go to Court,

or do you go to Church?

According to turds like you, true rights can't be violated.

Well, if dipshits like you were to actually read history, you would know that rights are a human construct.

No, you wouldn't know that. If it were true, then gays wouldn't have the right to marry, would they? And no one would have the right to healthcare.

Logical Phallisim (-:

If God secured your rights you wouldn't need the constutution to create a govt by consent of the governed. Actually, you'd instead have Sharia law, which frankly is about what most rW loons want.

You would think God could do a better job at protecting our rights he gave us.

Typical misrepresentation. The rights are inferred by man to man, and the government is the established entity of protection. The use of god, or a natural order, is the first line of defense against the government in becoming the authority of the inalienable rights given to man by whatever you wish to use as a higher authority. Whether it be a chosen version of god, nature or natural order.

God and man both fucked up the rights of the slaves in our nation.

Clearly all of human history is ripe with hypocrisy. At the time, in context, slaves weren't considered men. Any contemporary value judgments regarding this line of thinking at the time of the arrival to 'rights' under this context, are irrelevant.

Though it certainly shows man's propensity for hypocrisy.

God and man both fucked up the rights of the slaves in our nation.

They didn't have any rights, according to numskulls like you. The Constitution didn't grant them any. Ergo they had none. That's the liberal argument on the issue.

"Unalienable rights" Our rights Come From G-d Not Government

Maybe. Or maybe not. There are conservatives who believe in God, and conservatives who don't.

Jefferson left room for them all when he wrote in the DOI (as you quoted):

that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,

"Creator" could be God, or "nature", or many other things. But Jefferson's point was that we had those rights simply by being human, simply by existing as men. We did NOT get them from government. We had our rights long before any government existed.

Liberals believe our rights are granted us by the Government.
Probably some of them believe that.

But as I have pointed out elsewhere, many liberals simply SAY that, for the purpose of tricking you into believing it. And the reason they want to trick you, is so that they can violate those rights whithout getting punished for it.

These liberals haven't thought much about where our rights came from, and they don't really care. Their agenda is far more important to them than any such philosophy. And their agenda is to put everyone under one beneficent rule - theirs. And they will try any trick, tell any lie, to make it happen.

It's not even that they hate the truth. Truth is simply unimportant to them. And if it gets in the way of their agenda, then it is to be tossed aside or evaded like any other obstacle - including your rights - because they simply don't matter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back