Unconstitutional: N Y to Check Social Media of Gun Buyers.

Fourth Amendment issue is clear and this law would violate that Amendment. The other issue is their a clear guideline on acceptable and non-acceptable posts on social media? Could a post that you hope the Rams slaughter the Bears be considered violent? Who decides what is and is not acceptable, then is that now a First Amendment issue?

I see this as poorly written and will not stand up to scrutiny.

Actually many say it was the DumBama policy about not reporting such things to the federal authorities. DumBama though that too many people of color were being arrested, charged or even convicted of crimes which limited their abilities to get ahead in life. So he told authorities to bring down those statistics. The only way to do that was to keep those suspected crimes hidden under the rug and not tell anybody about them.

Actually lots of crazies say lots of crazy things. If you have a credible link for your silly claim, then post it.

Silly claim link:

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...ne-policy-contribute-to-the-parkland-shooting

Rubio says lots of goofy stuff. You might note this part of his remarks.

"The overarching goals of the 2014 directive to mitigate the school-to-prison pipeline, reduce suspensions and expulsions, and to prevent racially biased discipline are laudable and should be explored," Rubio wrote.

Oh, so my claims are silly, Rubio's claims are silly, but you're right?

So maybe you have a better explanation why the school and authorities did nothing about the social media threats and writings of this kid and did nothing. You had school administrates that were known Obama ass kissers, but it had nothing to do with Obama's new policy.

Gotcha.

The police had visited Cruz's house dozen's of times. Obama's suggestions to schools had nothing to do with their actions.

Of course they didn't. And then even the school districts admission that he was participating in the Promise Program means nothing either, huh?

Backlash follows revelations that Parkland shooter was referred to PROMISE program

That was reported, and the authorities were aware. NRA supported laws prevented them from taking his guns.

Actually many say it was the DumBama policy about not reporting such things to the federal authorities. DumBama though that too many people of color were being arrested, charged or even convicted of crimes which limited their abilities to get ahead in life. So he told authorities to bring down those statistics. The only way to do that was to keep those suspected crimes hidden under the rug and not tell anybody about them.

Actually lots of crazies say lots of crazy things. If you have a credible link for your silly claim, then post it.

Silly claim link:

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...ne-policy-contribute-to-the-parkland-shooting

"The overarching goals of the 2014 directive to mitigate the school-to-prison pipeline, reduce suspensions and expulsions, and to prevent racially biased discipline are laudable and should be explored," Rubio wrote.

So maybe you have a better explanation why the school and authorities did nothing about the social media threats and writings of this kid and did nothing. You had school administrates that were known Obama ass kissers, but it had nothing to do with Obama's new policy.

Gotcha.

Gun nut Florida is to blame . They don’t bother putting checks in place for psychos looking to buy high powered weapons .

Silly claim link:

Gotcha.

Gun nut Florida is to blame . They don’t bother putting checks in place for psychos looking to buy high powered weapons .

They do what every state does, and that is have universal background checks on all people legally purchasing a firearm. It's federal law.

Silly claim link:

Gotcha.

They do what every state does, and that is have universal background checks on all people legally purchasing a firearm. It's federal law.

They do the minimal . Like I said FLORIDA does nothing . Only the fed law stands in its way.

Cruz would’ve got his weapons in more gun control states . Definitely not here in Mass.

Gotcha.

They do the minimal . Like I said FLORIDA does nothing . Only the fed law stands in its way.

Cruz would’ve got his weapons in more gun control states . Definitely not here in Mass.

And when kooks get their weapons in places like California, you don't make claim it's the state government responsible.

The fact of the matter is that the school and authorities were lax in this shooting, and it's not just coincidence that they favored DumBama's new program. This program wanted to lower real statistics about what's going on in this country, and the only way to do that is fudge the numbers.

Silly claim link:

Gotcha.

The police had visited Cruz's house dozen's of times. Obama's suggestions to schools had nothing to do with their actions.

Of course they didn't. And then even the school districts admission that he was participating in the Promise Program means nothing either, huh?

Backlash follows revelations that Parkland shooter was referred to PROMISE program

You really should read your own links. As your link says, that program is a way to avoid arrest for behavior at school by placing the student in a temporary series of sessions to try to moderate their behavior. Sort of a shock program. Cruz was assigned to be involved for 3 days several months before the shooting. All legal means to limit his behavior was used, but since he hadn't done anything that could legally limit his access to guns, nothing could be done. Obama had nothing to do with it.

Yet when that kid who shot up Parkland said "stupid stuff" on his social media, a lot of people called that a failure of the police and the system meant to protect us. You can't have it both ways. I realize there were more red flags than that, but a gun background check isn't going to be able to check that extensively into anyone's history--especially not juvenile history.
There have been example after example of people bragging and showing off their weapons on social media and spewing hate, threatening to kill. And then they did.
Tad difference between the police talking to a minor who posts he wants to shoot up a school and denying Constitutional Rights to an adult over a perceived meme.
What "perceived meme" are you talking about? Are you projecting again and making up shit to be alarmed over? Just like you think that making AR's illegal will somehow trigger the government into somehow (without the military's help) taking over the citizenry and turning us into a dictatorship where we are all helpless slaves.
What defines and who defines a social media post that would deny you your Constitutional Rights?

My point exactly.
L.E. admits it is difficult to know what is just "hot air" and what is a true threat. No one has a crystal ball. My theory is that if a person is so full of hate/anger that they are talking violence and showing off their weapons and have a target they hate, WHY ON EARTH would you want to give them a gun?
So you’re ok with me deciding your rights should be suspended. Or maybe a board composed of Trump appointees.
FOCUS. They are talking about scanning social media to see if there are huge red flags before someone purchases a gun.

Fourth Amendment, right up front.

Not sure of the laws in New York. Can cities override state law? In Virginia, they cannot.

Gun purchasers may need to submit social media history under proposed New York legislation
And what is this supposed to accomplish? Even if you post on Fakebook that illegals should be shot, that is not a crime and so therefore they have no grounds to deny you a gun purchase.
It is not a crime to say it, but why would anyone in their right mind say such trash? Does someone who says that deserve a gun? No.

Judges regularly issue restraining orders based on recorded statements. Think of it as a restraining order for guns based on that same type statement.
Does that make it to the NICS database?
That thing is as full of holes as swiss cheese.

HTF should I know? I'm just another anonymous poster on a discussion board putting my 2 cents worth in. That's way above my pay grade.
No need to be sensitive. I was only asking a question.

And what is this supposed to accomplish? Even if you post on Fakebook that illegals should be shot, that is not a crime and so therefore they have no grounds to deny you a gun purchase.
It is not a crime to say it, but why would anyone in their right mind say such trash? Does someone who says that deserve a gun? No.

Judges regularly issue restraining orders based on recorded statements. Think of it as a restraining order for guns based on that same type statement.
Does that make it to the NICS database?
That thing is as full of holes as swiss cheese.

HTF should I know? I'm just another anonymous poster on a discussion board putting my 2 cents worth in. That's way above my pay grade.
No need to be sensitive. I was only asking a question.

Didn't intend to sound sensitive, but since you think I did, would you mind repeating that in front of my GF? She thinks I should be more sensitive.

Tad difference between the police talking to a minor who posts he wants to shoot up a school and denying Constitutional Rights to an adult over a perceived meme.
What "perceived meme" are you talking about? Are you projecting again and making up shit to be alarmed over? Just like you think that making AR's illegal will somehow trigger the government into somehow (without the military's help) taking over the citizenry and turning us into a dictatorship where we are all helpless slaves.
What defines and who defines a social media post that would deny you your Constitutional Rights?

My point exactly.
L.E. admits it is difficult to know what is just "hot air" and what is a true threat. No one has a crystal ball. My theory is that if a person is so full of hate/anger that they are talking violence and showing off their weapons and have a target they hate, WHY ON EARTH would you want to give them a gun?
So you’re ok with me deciding your rights should be suspended. Or maybe a board composed of Trump appointees.
FOCUS. They are talking about scanning social media to see if there are huge red flags before someone purchases a gun.
Ok. Looks like you vote Democrat.

HUGE RED FLAG

1B55C346-3DD9-432C-9817-05F40ECC978E.png

No Tucker the Dems are not going to disarm the population.

So why are you constantly trying?

Why are you so paranoid? For as many years as you have been scared of someone coming to get your guns, how many times has someone actually come to your door to do that?

Gun siezures under Maryland 'Red Flag' law exceed expectations

Maryland officers serving "red flag" gun removal order fatally shoot armed man - CBS News

Gotcha.

You really should read your own links. As your link says, that program is a way to avoid arrest for behavior at school by placing the student in a temporary series of sessions to try to moderate their behavior. Sort of a shock program. Cruz was assigned to be involved for 3 days several months before the shooting. All legal means to limit his behavior was used, but since he hadn't done anything that could legally limit his access to guns, nothing could be done. Obama had nothing to do with it.

Of course he didn't. Nothing he ever did resulted in disaster.

No Tucker the Dems are not going to disarm the population.

So why are you constantly trying?

Why are you so paranoid? For as many years as you have been scared of someone coming to get your guns, how many times has someone actually come to your door to do that?

Gun siezures under Maryland 'Red Flag' law exceed expectations

Maryland officers serving "red flag" gun removal order fatally shoot armed man - CBS News

What’s your point ? “Red flag” laws require that someone is a danger . The guy in your link sure did seem to fall under that definition .

A blatant violation of the First and Second and Sixth Amendments. These Blue State Dims are indistinguishable from Stalinists.

Those looking to buy a gun in New York may need to submit their social media profiles and search history prior to purchase if new firearm legislation in the state becomes law.

Under the legislation drafted by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and State Senator Kevin Parker, both Democrats, up to three years’ worth of search history on social media would be able to be reviewed, ABC Action News reported.

Senate Bill 9191, according to WHAM, mandates "social media and search engine reviews prior to the approval of an application or renewal of a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver; requires a person applying for a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver or a renewal of such license to consent to having his or her social media accounts and search engine history reviewed and investigated for certain posts and/or searches over a period of 1-3 years prior to the approval of such application or renewal; defines terms." Under the proposed legislation, law enforcement officials could investigate "commonly known profane slurs used or biased language used to describe race, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, disability or sexual orientation; threatening health or safety of another person, or an act of terrorism."

Forum List

Back