Understanding Christianity

Then you should have said that. When I asked, "how does one know he has had an experience of God?", you should have said, "I have no idea and cannot explain it to you.", instead of trying to put a tuxedo on a turd.

I stand by the truth. When/if you have an experience of God, you will know it the way you know anything else. I am not going to share any personal experience with you because it wouldn't help/solve any of your issues.

Again the vulgarity, which I find is also an accurate way to gauge intelligence and someone who almost has a sense of humor.

You know, you can quit anytime. If you do not want to try to meet the challenge given to you, you can say so in a simple sentence, instead of equivocating for 10 posts.

Shrug. You are not a challenge. I am not equivocating and you can't even grasp that much. I'm wondering how many times I need to keep repeating myself. That is up to you.
I didn't say i was a challenge. I said the question I asked was a challenge. An impossible one for you, if your reaction thus far has been honest. yes, you are equivocating. hint: when you say things like, "I know because I know", you are equivocating. It's there in black and white, for the entire universe to read. Eventually.

I mean when people have no interest in God, there is no point taking the time.

that is the case of 4th century christianity as recorded through history from that time to the present day - there has never been a period in history where christanity has reflected the will of the Almighty but simply their own selfish, selfinterests by vindictiveness against all but their own misguided selves.

You mean, when people pointed out the lie, there is no point in taking the time?

I mean when people have no interest in God, there is no point taking the time.

I'm Agnostic, a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

I'm Agnostic, a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

It is my opinion (and experience) that "nothing" is too extreme. I would agree that we know (and perhaps can know) only a very small percent of what there is to know about God. And by small, I'm thinking in the one percent range, more or less. Even so, I believe even that much knowledge is worth pursuing.

Don't you find it a tad strange that NO ONE has ever come forward with real proof of your invisible god? Not. One. Shred.

It blows my mind how otherwise intelligent people expect to find physical proof of a spiritual being. It's like expecting a fish to walk on land. Science: Physical studies. Religion: Spiritual studies.
But you need some kind of proof? Don't you? Otherwise it's a pure fantasy. Ex: do you believe in heaven? If so, on what basis?

As long as there is a future, there are many things that can become "known".... it's exciting to see. But there are some things we have to pursue. We can't just always sit around and wait for information to be found or come to us.

Don't you find it a tad strange that NO ONE has ever come forward with real proof of your invisible god? Not. One. Shred.

It blows my mind how otherwise intelligent people expect to find physical proof of a spiritual being. It's like expecting a fish to walk on land. Science: Physical studies. Religion: Spiritual studies.
But you need some kind of proof? Don't you? Otherwise it's a pure fantasy. Ex: do you believe in heaven? If so, on what basis?

There is no proof of how we came to be. Only theory. Yet, don't you believe in a particular theory?

There is no proof of how we came to be. Only theory. Yet, don't you believe in a particular theory?
No, I don't. I'm following science. There are prevailing theories on the Big Bang and things like that, but it's easy to see that their theories are incomplete, which they fully admit. So not believing, just following with interest to see where it goes. But it's all based on science and reai experiments that give real conclusions... They don't just make shit up like religious book writers do.

No, I don't. I'm following science. There are prevailing theories on the Big Bang and things like that, but it's easy to see that their theories are incomplete, which they fully admit. So not believing, just following with interest to see where it goes. But it's all based on science and reai experiments that give real conclusions... They don't just make shit up like religious book writers do.

How about anything "other worldly", not using the right word, but, like ghosts, spirits, paranormal stuff?

How about anything "other worldly", not using the right word, but, like ghosts, spirits, paranormal stuff?
Those haven't been proven, and unlike science with the Hadron collider at CERN, space telescopes and other experiments, they aren't even looking for real for those things. So it can all be good fun, but not proven. Not even close.

Those haven't been proven, and unlike science with the Hadron collider at CERN, space telescopes and other experiments, they aren't even looking for real for those things. So it can all be good fun, but not proven. Not even close.

Using a telescope to find proof of a higher realm of conscious life is like using a calculator to try and understand poetry.

Everything that a person thinks, sees, feels, dreams, perceives, understands or doesn't understand occurs in the brain.

Given that, the only tool or instrument at our disposal to investigate such things, the mind, should be disinfected and purified first so that the results of any inquiry will not be distorted or perverted by contaminating prejudices, irrational thoughts, or unsubstantiated assumptions. Just like any scientist would sterilize his laboratory, disinfect his beakers, calibrate his measuring devices and polish his microscope lenses before conducting an experiment to discover the truth about something.

As far as heaven goes, one cannot ever find proof of heaven if they do not even know what the term indicates or where or how to look.

"The kingdom of Heaven is within"

Jesus said to the pharisees that sinners and prostitutes were entering the kingdom of heaven before them and they never even looked at a telescope..

This shows that heaven is something that can be experienced right here on earth before you die a physical death.

you don't have to just believe in heaven, you can have all the proof for its reality that you could handle just by entering into it. then it would be impossible for you to not believe.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

It is not so much of a possibility of a spiritual being existing that we have issues with. It is the claim that the spirit also controls the physical that we have trouble with.

It's like expecting a fish to walk on land.

Fish do walk on land

You expect the fish to land on the moon

It is not so much of a possibility of a spiritual being existing that we have issues with. It is the claim that the spirit also controls the physical that we have trouble with.

If your spirit, your incorporeal consciousness, does not control the physical, your body, what does?

advertisements? Slogans? group think? Emotional impulses? Fear?

If your spirit, your incorporeal consciousness, does not control the physical, your body, what does?

advertisements? Slogans? group think? Emotional impulses? Fear?
What you call spirit, I call consciousness, a physical process of thinking in the brain. My consciousness also doesn't control my physical world, but I do try!

Are you claiming all life with brains have spirit? Even brainless life controls a bit of their environment. They have spirit too?

Please, stop asking for "proof." Proof pertains ONLY to the physical world. If you have no belief that there is any existence beyond physical existence that's fine. There are some of us who are interested in exploring beyond the physical and finite--beyond measurement. To us, those of you who have no wish to expand beyond the physical, are like old fuddy-duddies, and that's fine. The world needs and feels warmly towards the old geezers.

Do I believe in heaven? Yes. Jesus testified that in His Father's kingdom there are many mansions. There are numerous written testimonies about near death experiences. My experience was more "knowledge of death" than "near death", but it's a pretty amazing place. Makes this life seem like an existence in the shadows with grey pastels. The next life has the true light and bright, amazing colors. No one can offer you "proof" of what we experienced. All we can offer is testimony. And if that's not good enough, oh well. Take flight or not. It's up to each individual. The physical world is a fine place to explore as well.

Forum List

Back