US GDP shrinks 2.9% in first quarter

People that think pot is the solution to everything just happen to be it's biggest consumers.

Get a grip junkie

Marijuana is just one of the beneficial products of the Cannabis plant.

For example:

Hemp is the standard fiber of the world. It has great tensile strength and durability. It is used to produce more than 5,000 textile products, ranging from rope to fine laces, and the woody "hurds" remaining after the fiber has been removed contain more than seventy-seven per cent cellulose, and can be used to produce more than 25,000 products, ranging from dynamite to Cellophane.
Vote Hemp: Why Hemp?: New Billion-Dollar Crop

Lotus unveils the Eco Elise technology demonstrator at the British Motor Show, capitalising on great strides forward in green technology. The Eco Elise project promotes a different perspective on green, one which does not revolve solely around tailpipe CO2. This holistic approach is in keeping with the progressive Lotus culture, driving Lotus to become the worlds green automotive consultancy.

Sustainable materials, hemp, eco wool and sisal have been developed for body panels and trim and, combined with hi-tech water based paint solutions, showcase new affordable green technologies. The green credentials of the technology on show in the Eco Elise have been analysed throughout the lifecycle of the car.
Lotus Eco Elise

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgE6Tzi3Lg]Henry Ford's 'plastic hemp car' from 1941 - YouTube[/ame]

-2.9%.

Fuck me.

I'm still holding out hope for a +3.0 2Q, but it's pretty clear that America's "fundamental transformation" into a Euro-social democracy is going to be a bumpy ride, indeed.

Oh well..

No, it's not.

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]

You responded twice to my post using the same words and no further explanation.

Weird..

Because your post was 200% wrong. And you cannot explain that we are developing an Euro-social democracy. But try, and I will respond.

Thanks.

I've been watching along as well. Prices are beginning to rise, alarmingly so. Do you think we're beginning to see inflation on the rise? We knew it was coming.. all the worthless fiat being printed and flooding the marketplace..

Yeah, hyper inflation conservatives have warned about for nearly a decade right? lol

Do you know who benefits the most from government deregulation and everyone being on government assistance? Do you know who benefits from this system?

Rich people. The same rich people who designed this system.

When is Obama going to strip the wealth from the billionaires to redistribute it to all of the millions of poor illegal alien moochers that are coming to the US in busloads? Obama's spent 6 years making billionaires richer just so that he could take it all away from them, right?

Do you know who REALLY benefits from FAKE government deregulation which is really regulation in favor of Big Government Cronies?

Answer: Politicians and Employees and the Big Government Cronies who rig the system to feed off of powerless tax payers.

That's what today's Democrat Party Stands for: Fighting for the Middle Class (as in control of so they can keep then as Tax Serfs).

WORLD WIDE credit bubble and bust, that the fault of Dems too?

Perhaps markets NEED good Gov't regulators?

Deregulation is another name for Anarchy. Economic Deregulation, Economic Anarchy. Free-market, free-rein capitalism. The People (corporations according to the Supreme Court) will have complete freedom.

Bernie Madoffs will be everywhere because nothing will be illegal. Hooray for "Deregulation".

There's already inflation in book. food prices are way up, gasoline is up, electricity bills are up.

You know what would be great? Let's not count food and energy prices in the government figures for inflation! Cuz' after all, who really needs food and warmth...or the means to get to work?

Now, doesn't that feel better?

Counting electronics or items that only go gown creates a fake CPI. I have been saying for 20 years that Food, Energy, Utilities & Housing are the things we all buy & need. These items went up 400% under the Bush administration. He destroyed the currency, jobs, economy & turned the country into "Inflation Nation."

Last edited:
How much did the economy shrink in 2007 before Obama took office? You know, the biggest financial crash since 1929? Overseen by fiscally Conservative George W. "I torture POWs over lies" Bush?

How much of our infrastructure could have been repaired with the $4t+ squandered on invading and torturing Iraq over lies?

How much of our infrastructure could have been repaired

how much of the infrastructure could have been repaired

from the 800 million stimulus

had it been spent on that as promised

we still have stimulus projects

sitting idle

with the stimulus signs rusting away

Nonsense. The stimulus worked as promised, kept US out of ANOTHER GOP great depression. Even though it was to small, 40% tax cuts/credits and 20% aid to states....

-2.9%.

Fuck me.

I'm still holding out hope for a +3.0 2Q, but it's pretty clear that America's "fundamental transformation" into a Euro-social democracy is going to be a bumpy ride, indeed.

Oh well..

No, it's not.

You folks will get the Euro-social democracy that you want, but you'll have to make serious changes in our economic system. You've done the social changes, or at least got them well on their way, but the economic system will take some work, particularly in terms of incentivizing economic activity in an increasingly intense and competitive global economy. Your theorists - such as Krugman and Reich -- are going to make a few mistakes along the way because they are, well, theorists and don't understand the psychology of business.

But ultimately, you'll have what you crave. I hope you'll be gracious winners.

Lowest tax burden on Corps in 40 years, highest profits, lowest labor costs, where are those jobs conservatives said Biz would create?

Conservative policy is ALL myths and fairy tales, nothing based on facts or history. The biggest expansion in the US was when top tax rates were 50%-94% (ESPECIALLY 70%-94%)...

And you have to get this news from the BBC.

Well it certainly seems like stagnation is here. negative growth, high unemployment, and inflation. Congrats Obama your economics certainly are working. Wait until the fed stops printing money and the stock market bubble bursts. In my opinion, and I don't want this to happen, is it will be much worse then in 2008.

Weird we had 'job creator' policies from 2001-2009, what happened? Oh right economy tanked 9%_ last quarter of 2008 and was hemorrhaging 700,000+ jobs a month

No, it's not.

[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]

You responded twice to my post using the same words and no further explanation.

Weird..

Because your post was 200% wrong. And you cannot explain that we are developing an Euro-social democracy. But try, and I will respond.

Thanks.

Naw, I'm not going to bother. Most of you will admit what your goal is, but I can see that you're just going to vague me into the ground, and I'm not interested.

Never mind!

:rock:

"GDP was recession-like in the first quarter, although most other data clearly signal that the decline is an outlier," said Jim O' Sullivan, economist at High Frequency Economics.

Early second-quarter data indicate the economy has improved this spring as warmer weather helped release some pent-up demand. Macroeconomic Advisers Wednesday forecast the economy will grow at a 3.3% annual rate in the April to June period.

U.S. Economy Shrinks by Most in Five Years - WSJ

Economists estimate severe weather could have slashed as much as 1.5 percentage points from GDP growth in the first quarter.

Retraction is over exaggerated and due to the terrible weather caused by far right wing hot air.

And liberals come flooding in to defend bad news because their demi god Obama might be in trouble.

Jake, you're main stream for progressives, lol.

Defend what? Obama acting as a conservative?

Lowest sustained tax burden on those 'job creators' for 80+ years, lower than Ronnie's first 6 years, where are those 'jobs, jobs, jobs'?

Retraction is over exaggerated and due to the terrible weather caused by far right wing hot air.

And liberals come flooding in to defend bad news because their demi god Obama might be in trouble.

Jake, you're main stream for progressives, lol.

Defend what? Obama acting as a conservative?

Lowest sustained tax burden on those 'job creators' for 80+ years, lower than Ronnie's first 6 years, where are those 'jobs, jobs, jobs'?

Will Liz Warren run on a genuine "Kill the Kulaks!" platform in 2016?

Forum List

Back