US GDP shrinks 2.9% in first quarter

How much did the economy shrink in 2007 before Obama took office? You know, the biggest financial crash since 1929? Overseen by fiscally Conservative George W. "I torture POWs over lies" Bush?

How much of our infrastructure could have been repaired with the $4t+ squandered on invading and torturing Iraq over lies?
^ mindless zombie springs into action

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How much did the economy shrink in 2007 before Obama took office? You know, the biggest financial crash since 1929? Overseen by fiscally Conservative George W. "I torture POWs over lies" Bush?

How much of our infrastructure could have been repaired with the $4t+ squandered on invading and torturing Iraq over lies?

A "mindless zombie" who wants Bush and Obama to both die in prison. You know, one of the "sheeple".

Fucking idiot.

How much will this grow the economy?

1942_USDA.jpg

How much of our infrastructure could have been repaired

how much of the infrastructure could have been repaired

from the 800 million stimulus

had it been spent on that as promised

we still have stimulus projects

sitting idle

with the stimulus signs rusting away

-2.9%.

Fuck me.

I'm still holding out hope for a +3.0 2Q, but it's pretty clear that America's "fundamental transformation" into a Euro-social democracy is going to be a bumpy ride, indeed.

Oh well..

No, it's not.

You folks will get the Euro-social democracy that you want, but you'll have to make serious changes in our economic system. You've done the social changes, or at least got them well on their way, but the economic system will take some work, particularly in terms of incentivizing economic activity in an increasingly intense and competitive global economy. Your theorists - such as Krugman and Reich -- are going to make a few mistakes along the way because they are, well, theorists and don't understand the psychology of business.

But ultimately, you'll have what you crave. I hope you'll be gracious winners.

Last edited:

How much of our infrastructure could have been repaired

how much of the infrastructure could have been repaired

from the 800 million stimulus

had it been spent on that as promised

we still have stimulus projects

sitting idle

with the stimulus signs rusting away
800m > 4t.

Republican math.

The far right believes BHO is responsible for original sin.

Pat the crazy people on their head, smile, and walk on by.
reality and Jake had a bad breakup and are no longer speaking to each other

A "mindless zombie" who wants Bush and Obama to both die in prison. You know, one of the "sheeple".

Fucking idiot.

How much will this grow the economy?

1942_USDA.jpg
a lot and I'm all for it

will lower the cost of food clothing and paper

So why does the GOP continue to push for more arrests in the drug war?

The US spends $20b+ per year on marijuana eradication efforts, and then Americans import another $500m worth of hemp fiber from China. $20.5b per year. Can we fund schools with that money? Create some job placement programs? Something?

Last edited:
Get your Obama hate on while you can.........

The first quarter figures are all the more startling as the economy grew by 2.6% in the final three months of 2013.

But economists said more recent unemployment, manufacturing and service sector data all pointed to a sharp turnaround in the second quarter.

Analysts have forecast the economy could bounce back by as much as 4% in the second quarter.

Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Financial, said: "We have ample evidence that the first quarter was just a temporary setback for the economy, and we are climbing out of the hole in the current quarter."

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Analytics, said: "We should have a much better second half this year and a much better 2015 than 2014."

So why does the GOP continue to push for more arrests in the drug war?

The US spends $20b+ per year on marijuana eradication efforts, and then Americans import another $500m worth of hemp fiber from China. $20.5b per year. Can we fund schools with that money? Create some job placement programs? Something?
the GOP sucks I thought you knew that

Last edited:
A package of bacon costs $8. Butter, $5. Milk, $5. Cereal, $5.

Gasoline has not been below $3 plus in years. Electricity rates have (necessarily) skyrocketed. Taxes, never cease to increase.

Land of the free?

Food and energy prices will go down when Cannabis Sativa is legalized again.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32725.pdf

No it will not. It will not stop some from blaming the cold weather.
I made a point and backed it up with a study for Congress from the Federation of American Scientists, and your response is, "No, that won't work. I'm a smart Republican and I don't need to read information to make an informed decision."

The stalk of the Cannabis Sativa plant can be processed at an American factory into thousands of different American products by American employees for sale in American stores.

Jobs + People = Economy.

Americans could even pay their taxes with hemp for almost 200 years in America. It's only been in the last 70 years that this plant was outlawed over lies, and only 40 years since Nixon started the drug war over lies.

How many more decades will the American People tolerate our elected government lying to us?

I made a point and backed it up with a study for Congress from the Federation of American Scientists, and your response is, "No, that won't work. I'm a smart Republican and I don't need to read information to make an informed decision."

The stalk of the Cannabis Sativa plant can be processed at an American factory into thousands of different American products by American employees for sale in American stores.

Jobs + People = Economy.

Americans could even pay their taxes with hemp for almost 200 years in America. It's only been in the last 70 years that this plant was outlawed over lies, and only 40 years since Nixon started the drug war over lies.

How many more decades will the American People tolerate our elected government lying to us?

Your stupid pothead bullshit doesn't belong in every damn thread, jackass

Jobs + People = Economy.

The answer is not weed. Our economy can not sustain itself on weed production. That's simply asinine. The answer is energy and we're about to surpass the entire ME in production in a couple of years.

Forum List

Back