USMB Coffee Shop IV

Everything at the VA clinic went well, Dr Frederic and his assistant are raiding the cemetery later this month so I should have the rest of my parts soon.
Was pretty busy yesterday but not very efficient as I took my dad's Comcast equipment to turn in up in norther Co Springs. Then after I investigated with all other service providers ended up back up at Comcast to pick up equipment for mine and my wife's use when we're up at the house.
Yes I could have gotten a better deal with others if I went with a 1 or 2 year contract but given the circumstances (we can't do a 1 or 2 year) Comcast had the best no-contract prices out of all the providers.
So you are in Trinidad until a better nursing position opens up for her? Glad to hear all was OK at the VA.

She's not a nurse, she's an analyst so right now shes an IT Training Coordinator.
If she was a nurse we probably would have never had to move to Trinidad. As for VA care....... I can't wait for Medicare to kick in....... Or for one of my lottery tickets to hit the big time...... :eusa_whistle:

I won on one of my lottery tickets last night!!! $2.00. Hope I don't spend it all in one place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TGy-EJDpl8o]Tom T Hall - A Week In A Country Jail - YouTube[/ame]

Ever been in jail?

So you are in Trinidad until a better nursing position opens up for her? Glad to hear all was OK at the VA.

She's not a nurse, she's an analyst so right now shes an IT Training Coordinator.
If she was a nurse we probably would have never had to move to Trinidad. As for VA care....... I can't wait for Medicare to kick in....... Or for one of my lottery tickets to hit the big time...... :eusa_whistle:

I won on one of my lottery tickets last night!!! $2.00. Hope I don't spend it all in one place.

I got three numbers (£25) on the British lotto last week.

Made it back down to Podunk without incident. T-storms were moving in as I left the Springs. The temps down here are in the upper 80s but the house is still relatively cool. The doors and windows out of the sun are open and with a fan in one window it's quite comfortable.

Happy Corn On the Cob Day! Good way to celebrate is with a cookout.

June-11th-is-Corn-on-the-Cob-Day.jpg

Shoot, our town market day is Thursday!

That is some pretty perfect looking corn if this midwestern girl does say so herself.

Love that. And dripping with butter and salt, and a side plate of a whole Beefsteak tomato, sliced. :eusa_clap: Heaven on earth...:D
Corn on the cob also goes great with pork chops or fried chicken. It is a little early though, they picked the wrong month for the holiday.

Shoot, our town market day is Thursday!

That is some pretty perfect looking corn if this midwestern girl does say so herself.

Love that. And dripping with butter and salt, and a side plate of a whole Beefsteak tomato, sliced. :eusa_clap: Heaven on earth...:D
Corn on the cob also goes great with pork chops or fried chicken. It is a little early though, they picked the wrong month for the holiday.

No! [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], Corn on the Cob goes great with a big, fat, juicy steak, a baked potato, some asparagus and cole slaw.

Now, that was the first course. Served by a beautiful waitress with a very low cut blouse, of course.

The second course is....

:D

No! [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], Corn on the Cob goes great with a big, fat, juicy steak, a baked potato, some asparagus and cole slaw.

Now, that was the first course. Served by a beautiful waitress with a very low cut blouse, of course.

The second course is....

To be honest, if I had a nice juicy medium rare tenderloin steak, you could add any side to it, or no sides at all and I wouldn't blink any eye. Just gimme the steak! :D

However, if I have no steak, then some pork chops with corn on the cob, cole slaw, mashed potatoes with gravy and buttermilk biscuits would really hit the spot! :)

Good morning finally everybody. It IS still morning here, but afternoon or evening or middle of the night for some of you.

A good roasting ear is one of my very favorite foods in the world. And they are so expensive in these parts they are a rare treat for us anymore.

About those passwords folks--if you don't know your password to USMB click on User CP right now, go down the menu to the right button, and change your password to one you CAN remember right now. We don't want to lose you and it is a royal pain to get a replacement password on a message board. If you don't know your current password, get a temporary one that works from Admin.

I used to use the same password for everything until I realized that wasn't too smart. So now I give unique passwords to pretty much everything and religiously write them down in a little permanent notebook. I just checked my list--I have 47 different passwords on it to different websites and that was after culling the list awhile back. :)

I keep all of my passwords and important contacts in an email folder...even if my hard copies were lost or destroyed, I could always access my email from somewhere, even the library.

Good morning finally everybody. It IS still morning here, but afternoon or evening or middle of the night for some of you.

A good roasting ear is one of my very favorite foods in the world. And they are so expensive in these parts they are a rare treat for us anymore.

About those passwords folks--if you don't know your password to USMB click on User CP right now, go down the menu to the right button, and change your password to one you CAN remember right now. We don't want to lose you and it is a royal pain to get a replacement password on a message board. If you don't know your current password, get a temporary one that works from Admin.

I used to use the same password for everything until I realized that wasn't too smart. So now I give unique passwords to pretty much everything and religiously write them down in a little permanent notebook. I just checked my list--I have 47 different passwords on it to different websites and that was after culling the list awhile back. :)

I keep all of my passwords and important contacts in an email folder...even if my hard copies were lost or destroyed, I could always access my email from somewhere, even the library.

So... all anybody has to do is hack that one e-mail... :ack-1:

I have two passwords that I use for everything. Two. Otherwise they'd be impossible to keep track of. Except when a site demands that I change it more than twice, as one of my banks did, as Yahoo did -- now I have to keep a text file listing those discrepancies. If someone hacks that text file I'm screwed, except that I keep my notes in an idiosyncratic language that only I can figure out (and sometimes I can't either).

Google/YouTube came in one day and demanded that I change not only my password but my name. Now I have to run a sig line in my gmail explaining who's writing, plus I have two YouTube accounts instead of one, for no discernible reason.

Remember when the idea of a "password" was something you only saw in a spy movie?

Last edited:

The second course is....

Bier?

I have two passwords that I use for everything. Two. Otherwise they'd be impossible to keep track of. Except when a site demands that I change it more than twice, as one of my banks did, as Yahoo did -- now I have to keep a text file listing those discrepancies. If someone hacks that text file I'm screwed, except that I keep my notes in an idiosyncratic language that only I can figure out (and sometimes I can't either).

Google/YouTube came in one day and demanded that I change not only my password but my name. Now I have to run a sig line in my gmail explaining who's writing, plus I have two YouTube accounts instead of one, for no discernible reason.

Remember when the idea of a "password" was something you only saw in a spy movie?

All mine are kept jotted down in a notebook, a code which would be unrecognizable to almost everyone in the world.

I've had the same email since before the turn of the century...I guess I'll continue to take my chances.

The second course is....

Bier?

5670164485_dab7a96b7f_z.jpg

Forum List

Back