USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just came in from a long dip in the pool, running errands in 95 degree heat even with AC in the truck will still get one hot and sweaty, especially here in the desert under that brutal sun. Think I mentioned it, the edema in my lower extremities had been getting worse even after they took me off my Amlodipine. Last night I looked up what drugs might cause the swelling....... NSaids, (ibuprofen and aspirin), I take a minimum of 1200mgs of ibuprofen a day and have done so for years. Didn't take any last night and didn't take any this morning....... so far no swelling, lots of pain were it always hurts but now swelling in the lower extremities.
Literally by bedtime my feet would look like balloons, that's not my usual comedic exaggeration either. If this works I might not need to see the clinical pharmacologist.

I just went and got a copy of my blood work done last week. Gobbledegoop. I had to google and even that was questionable of what the code words mean. Sheesh.
Anyway...at least I have it so when the docs office says they lost it (which is normal for them), I have a copy. I ALWAYS have a copy. But I just won't know what all that shit means until I see him again next month.

Meanwhile....sun is out, its HOT (about 80) and will get hotter as the weekend swings 'round. Was gonna take pooches to the real beach..the one with waves and surfers and stuff, but decided it's too nice a day...and everyone and their uncle will be out there. Too many people. So...I decided not to go. I will take them to the little inlet here and let karma slop around in the stinky smelly mud while chasing tiny little crabs.

And...drumroll.....I am pleased to announce that although I am starving to death, I lost 10 lbs! W00T!! 10 more to go, then back to what I was 10 years ago. 10, 10, 10. Weird, eh?

Good for you Gracie! That is wonderful news. I used to be pretty heavy and then six years ago I decided enough was enough. I am down 125 lbs now and I feel/look awesome. lol. I've managed to keep the weight off but I also run 5 times a week.

And...drumroll.....I am pleased to announce that although I am starving to death, I lost 10 lbs! W00T!! 10 more to go, then back to what I was 10 years ago. 10, 10, 10. Weird, eh?

Good for you Gracie! That is wonderful news. I used to be pretty heavy and then six years ago I decided enough was enough. I am down 125 lbs now and I feel/look awesome. lol. I've managed to keep the weight off but I also run 5 times a week.
If I get too skinny, I look weird. Having too much weight hurts my joints in my ankles and knees and hip (left one). So getting back to what I used to be is a PITA since I retired and the RA kicked in..which means I can't do what I used to be able to do. I'd love to run. Instead, I walk real slow with my trekking poles and the dogs run ahead of me. Now I have other issues I won't talk about since I'm accused of "seeking sympathy", so I watch very VERY carefully what I eat until I can get to the gastro doc. I keep a food diary too. It's been helping. A lot. I'm happy with the progress, although it is slow going. And I'm starting to look hot in my sport racerback tank tops and capri leggings. :lol:

wtg Gracie, but try to find food that won't put the pounds back but you don't have to starve. Nuts and fruit does it for me.

Wow mdk. That is awesome. We sometimes watch "Biggest Loser" and a lot of those folks will lose 100 or more pounds. Then sometimes near the final segment they'll have everybody do a task carrying enough weights to equal whatever they lost. Can you imagine running an obstacle course or something carrying that 125 pounds on your back? But wtg. That is a major achievement.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

How tall are you? I'm about 5'9" and weight around 145, and many people think I'm too thin. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

How tall are you? I'm about 5'9" and weight around 145, and many people think I'm too thin. :p

I am 5'7 and I now weigh around 160. I turned all that chunk into muscle. lol. I have a wrestler's build now. Woot!

I am 5'7 and I now weigh around 160. I turned all that chunk into muscle. lol. I have a wrestler's build now. Woot!
Pics or liar liar pants on fire!
I am 5'8" and want to get to 170. I look GOOD at 170. Dats what I wanna be again. :lol:

Wait..wait..I have a pic of me at 170. Keep in mind this was about 10 years ago.

wsppbl.jpg

Lahaina Mall in Lahaina Maui. Food Festival we attended..and lots of shopping. I was tired, so I sat on da curb and digested, lol.

Pics or liar liar pants on fire!
I am 5'8" and want to get to 170. I look GOOD at 170. Dats what I wanna be again. :lol:
image.jpg

Bonjour!

Very huggable if thats you but I think I have seen that guy before. Isn't he a model from france? :lol:

I so misread what you wrote! I thought you said you are at 125, not that you LOST 125. That makes it more impressive and less potentially dangerous. :lol:

Just came in from a long dip in the pool, running errands in 95 degree heat even with AC in the truck will still get one hot and sweaty, especially here in the desert under that brutal sun. Think I mentioned it, the edema in my lower extremities had been getting worse even after they took me off my Amlodipine. Last night I looked up what drugs might cause the swelling....... NSaids, (ibuprofen and aspirin), I take a minimum of 1200mgs of ibuprofen a day and have done so for years. Didn't take any last night and didn't take any this morning....... so far no swelling, lots of pain were it always hurts but now swelling in the lower extremities.
Literally by bedtime my feet would look like balloons, that's not my usual comedic exaggeration either. If this works I might not need to see the clinical pharmacologist.

But without the meds you hurt, yes? And you don't want to go on a lot of narcotics. Can you take Naproxen? I take a 220 mg naproxen twice a day--may take a third if I'm having a really bad day--and it seems to do the job. Low enough dosage to not get the edema and other uglies.

But without the meds you hurt, yes? And you don't want to go on a lot of narcotics. Can you take Naproxen? I take a 220 mg naproxen twice a day--may take a third if I'm having a really bad day--and it seems to do the job. Low enough dosage to not get the edema and other uglies.
Naproxen is an NSAID. Oh and the swelling came back about an hour ago but I had taken an Amlodipine earlier cause my BP was high normal so tonight no NSAIDs and tomorrow no NSAIDs or Amlodipine. Give it a couple of days and see what happens.
Without the meds I'm more "uncomfortable", parts that generally are helped will simply be a little more painful but since the ibuprofen only helps a little it won't be that much worse. As for narcotics I have some but use them very sparingly, only when I'm in a lot of pain, doesn't happen that often, generally only when I'm "pushing" myself for a couple of days like when we moved.

Forum List

Back