USMB Coffee Shop IV

And good morning all. Intermittently overcast today. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a bit more rain which is a very good thing. Trying to get my rear in gear here.

7f5f16c438a28eed86f91fabbdce1f18.jpg

Nice SUNNY day today. I think I will spent my time out in the lounge chair renewing my tan and reading a book :).

Nice SUNNY day today. I think I will spent my time out in the lounge chair renewing my tan and reading a book :).

I just read, 'a brief history of time' by Steven Hawking. But I felt like I was dyslexic, as I hardly understood a word of it.

Actually..I think I am going to take my portable dvd player out there and watch a movie while under the sun. Just to see how long the batteries last.

I just read, 'a brief history of time' by Steven Hawking. But I felt like I was dyslexic, as I hardly understood a word of it.

I confess to not being a Steven Hawking disciple and yes, some of his writings are pretty incomprehensible at least to those of us who are not trained in that kind of lingo. I admire him greatly for how he has lived his life under circumstances most of us would consider unbearable. And I admire his incredible intellect. But I see him as a fallible human being just the same and capable of error on several fronts. Einstein too was not incapable of error. So I have learned many things from such great minds. And respectfully disagree on others. Which is very comforting in a way.

I confess to not being a Steven Hawking disciple and yes, some of his writings are pretty incomprehensible at least to those of us who are not trained in that kind of lingo. I admire him greatly for how he has lived his life under circumstances most of us would consider unbearable. And I admire his incredible intellect. But I see him as a fallible human being just the same and capable of error on several fronts. Einstein too was not incapable of error. So I have learned many things from such great minds. And respectfully disagree on others. Which is very comforting in a way.

Steven Hawking said he was fortunate in his choice of theoretical physics as a career as it is all mental work, and he can still do this in spite of his disability. He said he wanted to write a book understandable by ordinary people, so he left out all the mathematical calculations that his theories are based on. But I still found it heavy going. If I had to try to understand the maths too I would have no chance whatever. I may re-read it to see if I get a better grasp of it a second time.

Steven Hawking said he was fortunate in his choice of theoretical physics as a career as it is all mental work, and he can still do this in spite of his disability. He said he wanted to write a book understandable by ordinary people, so he left out all the mathematical calculations that his theories are based on. But I still found it heavy going. If I had to try to understand the maths too I would have no chance whatever. I may re-read it to see if I get a better grasp of it a second time.

Well good luck with that. I long ago found that re-reading Hawking didn't help all that much with the comprehension.

When he says something like this:
I just shake my head. I love discussion of concepts like that, but for me the past is not changeable because there is no way to do that without affecting the present and the future.

Well good luck with that. I long ago found that re-reading Hawking didn't help all that much with the comprehension.

When he says something like this:
I just shake my head. I love discussion of concepts like that, but for me the past is not changeable because there is no way to do that without affecting the present and the future.

Yea ! he also discusses what would happen if the universe collapsed, and I think he said that time might go backwards. That is only one of the mind numbing ideas in his book.

Oh well, I can go back to reading ' English made simple'. Even that is complicated, and it makes me realize I am semi literate.

Change of plans. Mr Gracie just got back from yard salin' and I have a shitload of sterling silver jewelry to polish...AND...drumroll...he bought a playstation2 and it works. So...I'm gonna be playin' some Castlevania.

Forum List

Back