USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay my Coffee Shop family, I'm headed for bed and will up and off to the hospital early so this is likely my last post for up to a week or so. Please keep the home fires burning here until I can get back. If he can remember how to get in here, Hombre will report in probably tomorrow evening sometime or Friday morning if he's really wiped out. There is no harder work than sitting around in a hospital for hour after hour. I'll miss you all. Miss me a little. :)
Good luck, Foxy! I'll be watching for updates!

images

Well, Foxy came through like a trooper. Five hours on the operating table. The doctor said everything went perfect. The cyst was removed with no indication of cancer. Her throat is sore from the tube that was put in. It has been removed now. She is quite hoarse. She is in ICU and was very sleepy when I left. I will see her again in the morning and let you know progress as developments occur.

Great News !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for letting us know.
I am very happy for both of you about the wonderful news. :)
You get some good sleep tonight before you have to go back to see her tomorrow.

Well, Foxy came through like a trooper. Five hours on the operating table. The doctor said everything went perfect. The cyst was removed with no indication of cancer. Her throat is sore from the tube that was put in. It has been removed now. She is quite hoarse. She is in ICU and was very sleepy when I left. I will see her again in the morning and let you know progress as developments occur.
Give her a hug from all of us when you can and thanks a lot for easing our minds. She's kind of like a mom to all of us here.

It's mighty nice to finally meet Poppa Fox.

Found a deal on a sweet 2011 Tahoe that I couldn't pass up. One owner, middle aged woman, just spotless, clean as a whistle inside, super low miles, always garage kept, never towed anything, and every bell and whistle possible. My other Tahoe at 136,000+ miles was giving me little signs that things were wearing out, and it was time to trade it in before something big needed repair. I love everything about this new Tahoe... to list a few things, it has Bose dts digital surround sound DVD player with wireless headphones and remote, adjustable peddles, charcoal leather with seat heat, back up camera, proximity alarms, hands free back hatch open and close, full power seats with memory, auto climate control, and just on and on. I love these Tahoes, but they sure don't give them away. I'm in the hole now...

20150903_184843_zps1qxejoxi.jpg

20150903_184854_zps2wyj4cvx.jpg

Last edited:
So, mom is fine. We went out for lunch too, and then I didn't feel like going back to work, so I used more of my PTO time today. I know, I'm a bad girl. :oops: Whenever I have to do something that messes with my schedule, I have a difficult time motivating myself. I don't know why.
PTO is your time. Your mom is no doubt worth a few hours, don't you think?

Sure she is, but I was talking about afterwards. Lol. You are right though, PTO time is mine. I earn it, and I also have to use most of it by the end of the year or I lose it.

Sounds like Chris' nickname should be fast fingers. :)

I swear I have to relearn the keyboard everyday.

Chris makes a living with that keyboard. I have for a good deal of my life too. And if you want to get your work done quick, you get very fast fingers on the keyboard. :)

Once I get on a roll, I can type around 90 WPM. Of course, I have my bad days too though where I'm slower or the dictator is much more difficult, so it varies.
That's about what I type. Anybody have suggestions about how to earn a living with a keyboard from home? I'm thinking I'm ready to retire to my Willow place, and I'm not all that enthusiastic about finding another aircraft maintenance job.

Transcription! Some companies might even train you. There are different types of transcription. I do medical, but there is legal transcription, insurance transcription and general transcription out there too. You should look into doing that. :) There is also data entry, but that doesn't pay as well, I don't think.

Oh great news!!! Thank you for updating us and give her some hugs from us please! :)

Chris makes a living with that keyboard. I have for a good deal of my life too. And if you want to get your work done quick, you get very fast fingers on the keyboard. :)

Once I get on a roll, I can type around 90 WPM. Of course, I have my bad days too though where I'm slower or the dictator is much more difficult, so it varies.
That's about what I type. Anybody have suggestions about how to earn a living with a keyboard from home? I'm thinking I'm ready to retire to my Willow place, and I'm not all that enthusiastic about finding another aircraft maintenance job.

Transcription! Some companies might even train you. There are different types of transcription. I do medical, but there is legal transcription, insurance transcription and general transcription out there too. You should look into doing that. :) There is also data entry, but that doesn't pay as well, I don't think.

Finding legitimate data entry work from home is difficult. If there is something you can get from a local business, great, but otherwise there seems to be a lot of scams out there. I looked into it years ago and never did find something I trusted except for a bidding style site, where people place bids on available work. That seemed far too inconsistent for me.

Finding legitimate data entry work from home is difficult. If there is something you can get from a local business, great, but otherwise there seems to be a lot of scams out there. I looked into it years ago and never did find something I trusted except for a bidding style site, where people place bids on available work. That seemed far too inconsistent for me.

There are a LOT of scams on some websites, sure. Some others are pretty good about such things. When I was looking on Craigs List, it was horrible!!! There are SO MANY of them. I joined another one called Indeed.com, and they are much more legitimate. :)

Found a deal on a sweet 2011 Tahoe that I couldn't pass up. One owner, middle aged woman, just spotless, clean as a whistle inside, super low miles, always garage kept, never towed anything, and every bell and whistle possible. My other Tahoe at 136,000+ miles was giving me little signs that things were wearing out, and it was time to trade it in before something big needed repair. I love everything about this new Tahoe... to list a few things, it has Bose dts digital surround sound DVD player with wireless headphones and remote, adjustable peddles, charcoal leather with seat heat, back up camera, proximity alarms, hands free back hatch open and close, full power seats with memory, auto climate control, and just on and on. I love these Tahoes, but they sure don't give them away. I'm in the hole now...

20150903_184843_zps1qxejoxi.jpg

20150903_184854_zps2wyj4cvx.jpg

Wow! It's in mint condition. Good find! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I continue to do little rearrangements in my room in preparation for my new PC. I moved this current PC to the side of my desk, rather than under it, because with a full sized case it stuck out and made it difficult to swivel in my chair. After I had moved things I realized the cable on my keyboard isn't long enough to reach it. I knew I had another old keyboard upstairs in the closet so I went to look and see if it had a longer cable. It did, but the keyboard is so old that it has a 5 pin connector. If you are unfamiliar with that, it is a keyboard connection that was used in the 90s. Considering this keyboard is one I used at my first data entry job, which I started in the mid-90s, that makes sense. Luckily it also has an adapter to connect to the more modern 6 pin connection. :)

So here I am typing away on a nearly 20 year old keyboard. It seems to be working fine, too! No broken or stuck keys. Sometimes saving ridiculous crap for years and years pays off! :lmao:

I just got a shipping email from Tigerdirect, where I bought my case. It is supposed to arrive today. Newegg has shipped my stuff and it arrived in GA, which probably means I'll get it at the beginning of next week if it doesn't arrive tomorrow. Amazon.....well, they are still processing, haven't shipped yet, and still show an estimated arrival time of Sept 28 - Oct 2 on 5-8 day shipping. So who knows when I'll get that? :p

Looking at it, I'm getting a keyboard, optical drive and power supply from Amazon. I have old versions of all of those things I might be able to throw into the new PC until the Amazon stuff gets here. I'm not positive my old 400w power supply will work, but I can try it! :lol:

Oh! No, something is flickering. It is either my brain or my monitor. Mind you I was just playing doom 3 and I got killed again. Maybe I got eye strain.

Forum List

Back