USMB Coffee Shop IV

This was an interesting article from "Fortune" and is posted particularly for Gracie

I was interested to see that New Mexico placed 30 among the 50 states as the best place to retire. We ranked okay in most categories but were terrible at #50 in crime rate and #47 in health care. But we are Number ONE in weather. :)

The Best (And Worst) States to Retire
Tuscon looks interesting. The higher up in that state that I go though to find forests and stuff...the higher the price in rents. I have not really checked NM yet. But I will on my next internet hunt. Taking a brain break right now.

And..I still have a couple of plans i have not implemented here yet with the landlord. I will know where he stands once I drop the idea in his lap. Its a win win...IF he goes for it. But it would still be not long term. He isn't looking very well these days, so like the owner of the apartment compled we managed...when he goes...so do we cuz his family will slap a For Sale sign on this place faster than you can say Jack Shit.

I have some other plans I am working on, and it is wonderful to know I do have at least one offer I can fall back on with GW. I am not completely helpless yet..so I can do "steps" :lol:
And most importantly..my brain is still as sharp as ever so....leasing/renting is my forte' and I could be of great help in that department. ;)

And for those pet stains et al, I recently ordered a product NATURE'S MIRACLE FOAMING OXY CLEANER from Amazon, and so far it seems to be performing as advertised - specially formulated for critter stain problems but works for other things too. It doesn't work as well on old really set in forever stains, but for routine clean up or to get that spill off your sofa or the puppy pee off your carpet, it works great and it does eliminate odors.

Unfortunately we are full of set in forever stains. :hmpf:

Didn't sleep well last night, my hands kept going numb and waking me up then Jasper woke me up this morning puking on the bed, the sheets are in the wash........ Have my bi-annual VA appointment this morning, maybe I can get something done with the knees which are getting much worse and much more painful to walk on as well as the numbness problem with my hands.

Yuck!

:lol: I had thought the same thing when I read that.

I love pets, but they are a pain in the butt sometimes! Almost like having a 2-year-old around the house!

Same.

If I woke to one puking on my bed, I would be puking with it. (sorry Ringel05 )
Jasper's my oldest cat, hair balls........

Mr & Mrs Hossfly spent the last 1 1/2 days touring The Big Easy, mostly in the French Quarter.Headed back to Charlotte tomorrow after 2 1/2 months in Ft Worth.

Well, you can't make up some stuff.
The Iditarod Dog Sled race kicks off next weekend and they are shipping snow from Fairbanks to Anchorage because we just don't have enough. There isn't even enough snow in the snow dumps around town to put down a trail for the sleds. Maybe Alaskans need to find new sports to follow.

Top-30-most-funny-Quotes-funny.jpg

I just got off the phone with my sister in law. Her little dog is Moki's sister, and they just returned from the vet. She has:
Fluid in Abdomen in Dogs | petMD

And for once, I was wrong! Moki just turned 12 in February..not 11! Sis In Law had hers and his birth certificate copy we made when we bought them together. She took Sweetpea, and I took Moki.

But, SP is doing better now after the vet pumped a bunch of fluid out of her poor tummy, and she is on a strict diet now, with meds. And she is breathing regularly now. Poor SP. She is such a cutie.

This is a pic soon after we got them. She is the white one. Aren't they just cutie patooties?

14w7kgj.jpg

Good night darlinks! I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

300335754_ca90de05b2_z.jpg

Good night darlinks! I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Mr. Kat
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Againsheila, Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

300335754_ca90de05b2_z.jpg
And you found my guest house too, FF!!! ;)

This was an interesting article from "Fortune" and is posted particularly for Gracie

I was interested to see that New Mexico placed 30 among the 50 states as the best place to retire. We ranked okay in most categories but were terrible at #50 in crime rate and #47 in health care. But we are Number ONE in weather. :)

The Best (And Worst) States to Retire
Tuscon looks interesting. The higher up in that state that I go though to find forests and stuff...the higher the price in rents. I have not really checked NM yet. But I will on my next internet hunt. Taking a brain break right now.

And..I still have a couple of plans i have not implemented here yet with the landlord. I will know where he stands once I drop the idea in his lap. Its a win win...IF he goes for it. But it would still be not long term. He isn't looking very well these days, so like the owner of the apartment compled we managed...when he goes...so do we cuz his family will slap a For Sale sign on this place faster than you can say Jack Shit.

I have some other plans I am working on, and it is wonderful to know I do have at least one offer I can fall back on with GW. I am not completely helpless yet..so I can do "steps" :lol:
And most importantly..my brain is still as sharp as ever so....leasing/renting is my forte' and I could be of great help in that department. ;)
Same thing with NM, the more north ya go the higher the cost generally gets higher.

Got the top layer of snow and ice off the used vehicles and now the sun enters. At 22 degrees it is always interesting to see it melt off.

Thinking sweet and sour chicken with either crab rangoons or egg drop soup....

Got the top layer of snow and ice off the used vehicles and now the sun enters. At 22 degrees it is always interesting to see it melt off.

Thinking sweet and sour chicken with either crab rangoons or egg drop soup....
Ice? Snow? I've heard those words before....... somewhere.......

Good morning everybody. Hombre and I are making out a short grocery list for the lemon pie and a new recipe for a Mexican casserole that I will make for our luncheon guests who will be here to play 42 tomorrow. It is fun to have friends who enjoy trying new recipes so we both do our experimenting with each other. So far there hasn't been a total disaster but there's always a first time, so positive vibes will be appreciated. :)

You have to think about this one a little bit:

12790953_10153700632789667_8518258702289278970_n.jpg

And I swear they almost do communicate this way when they are part of those little disasters. . . .

11215740_10153375990924014_5149360315970899098_n.jpg

Forum List

Back