USMB Coffee Shop IV

Maybe I've overdosed on iced coffees. :lol:
Never had one. I just imagine they taste like my coffee when it cools off in my cup, and I don't really care for that.

But besides that, I have no where near me to buy them. No fast food joints in this little hick town.

You pour that cooled off coffee over ice in a glass, maybe add a little sweetener, and voila! Iced coffee. Chris is right though--most people like their iced coffee a little stronger than their hot coffee probably because the melting ice thins the mix a bit.
Hmmm... I might have to try one. I do like coffee. Not usually with sugar but I do on occasion. I make my coffee pretty weak though.

Read the other day again an article about how good coffee is for you. They've found that it's good for drinkers because it can stay off liver disease.

I like lots of sugar in my coffee too. That's probably why I can't sleep. The combination of sugar and coffee. I'm running on a coffee and sugar rush. That's okay. I'll work tonight and hopefully I'll be tired tomorrow and sleep all day.

I like lots of sugar in my coffee too. That's probably why I can't sleep. The combination of sugar and coffee. I'm running on a coffee and sugar rush. That's okay. I'll work tonight and hopefully I'll be tired tomorrow and sleep all day.
Either that or you have one heck of a case of insomnia, girl.

I slept a little bit, maybe for like an hour or two in the past 48 hours. It wasn't a good sleep though. I was plagued with dreams, and I felt as if I was still awake but dreaming. Weird. Lol.

I slept a little bit, maybe for like an hour or two in the past 48 hours. It wasn't a good sleep though. I was plagued with dreams, and I felt as if I was still awake but dreaming. Weird. Lol.
If I don't get enough sleep, I'm wiped out. I need a nap or something, or I'll be falling asleep the first time I sit down. I have those nights where it doesn't seem I ever sleep too, but I know I must have, because what seemed liked laying there a couple hours was actually all night, so I know I must have slept. Not very restful nights. I usually sleep pretty darn good.

If I don't get enough sleep, I'm wiped out. I need a nap or something, or I'll be falling asleep the first time I sit down. I have those nights where it doesn't seem I ever sleep too, but I know I must have, because what seemed liked laying there a couple hours was actually all night, so I know I must have slept. Not very restful nights. I usually sleep pretty darn good.

I've literally only slept for a couple of hours in the last 48 hours. I feel wide awake though! I don't know what's going on. Lol. I'll just hope that I can sleep tomorrow.

I've literally only slept for a couple of hours in the last 48 hours. I feel wide awake though! I don't know what's going on. Lol. I'll just hope that I can sleep tomorrow.
I hope you can too. Sleep deprivation isn't good for the brain.

TV is like sleeping medicine for me though. I just get in bed and watch tv, and usually within a few minutes I'm out. I set the tv's timer for 15 minutes to shut off and I usually never see it shut off.

TV is like sleeping medicine for me though. I just get in bed and watch tv, and usually within a few minutes I'm out. I set the tv's timer for 15 minutes to shut off and I usually never see it shut off.

Not me. I need to have my fan on all the time, but I find voices to be very disruptive when I'm trying to sleep for some reason.

Not me. I need to have my fan on all the time, but I find voices to be very disruptive when I'm trying to sleep for some reason.
Aaaahh... well, I have the tinnitus, and I need background noise to make my brain ignore it. I don't concentrate on what's on tv, I just hear it... does that make sense? ... :lol:

I'll turn the tv down to the point where I actually have to strain to hear it.

Aaaahh... well, I have the tinnitus, and I need background noise to make my brain ignore it. I don't concentrate on what's on tv, I just hear it... does that make sense? ... :lol:

That's probably the problem, I'm always trying to hear what they're saying! Lol! :D

That's probably the problem, I'm always trying to hear what they're saying! Lol! :D
I don't know when this sleeping with the tv on stuff started, but I can say a long time ago. I think it was when I was in the Air Force in Vegas. That's where I got my first dose of flight line noise and the obscene screech that emanates from the intake of an F-16, enough to damage hearing in an instant if close enough without ear protection, which I've been. That's the first I remember going to sleep listening to something. I think I started using a clock/radio and graduated to a tv.

I don't know when this sleeping with the tv on stuff started, but I can say a long time ago. I think it was when I was in the Air Force in Vegas. That's where I got my first dose of flight line noise and the obscene screech that emanates from the intake of an F-16, enough to damage hearing in an instant if close enough without ear protection, which I've been. That's the first I remember going to sleep listening to something. I think I started using a clock/radio and graduated to a tv.

When I was younger and would sleep over my best friend's house, she would always have her stereo on. I love music, but it drove me nuts when I was trying to sleep. I never slept well over there. Lol. We would argue. She couldn't sleep without music and I couldn't sleep with it!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Another windy dust filled day, just another day in the desert......

Here too except that it is cold today--at least the light jackets aren't working for us. It's about 50 here now but after 70 degree days and with the wind, that's brrrr. Blizzard conditions north of us in Colorado though. And going down to at least freezing for us tonight.

Last edited:
Another windy dust filled day, just another day in the desert......

Here too except that it is cold today--at least the light jackets aren't working for us. It's about 50 here now but after 70 degree days and with the wind, that's brrrr. Blizzard conditions north of us in Colorado though.

It was a beautiful day here today. Warm and sunny. Finally starting to feel like spring! :)

I do the same thing except I pop an old VHS movie into the VCR--these are all movies I know every scene in detail and know the dialogue by heart. It is rarely more than 10 minutes into the movie that I'm out like a light. It's the white noise I think. So I wake up some hours later to a blue screen, get up for a pit stop, turn off the TV and go back to bed and usually get right back to sleep.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
If blowing up sodas in the freezer ever becomes an Olympic sport I will make my country proud.

Rio 2016 gold

Have you had an extra adventure today Crème? :)
It's awful. I'm always forgetting about the pop I leave in the freezer. I don't keep them in the fridge because I want it really cold. Problem is I fall asleep or get all stoney baloney and forget they are in there. Wake up the next day and it's a syrup explosion in the freezer. Just went to put another one in there and sure enough...there is last night's. When they are in the ice box is the worst.

If blowing up sodas in the freezer ever becomes an Olympic sport I will make my country proud.

Rio 2016 gold

Have you had an extra adventure today Crème? :)
It's awful. I'm always forgetting about the pop I leave in the freezer. I don't keep them in the fridge because I want it really cold. Problem is I fall asleep or get all stoney baloney and forget they are in there. Wake up the next day and it's a syrup explosion in the freezer. Just went to put another one in there and sure enough...there is last night's. When they are in the ice box is the worst.

Could I recommend immersing them in ice in a portable cooler? They get really really cold but won't freeze.

Forum List

Back